Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Originally Posted by swampy
i wonder if the guy who started this thread feels like an *** now because of the fact stunt riding is being featured in the xgames this year
apparently you are too new to know rob
Old 07-29-2010, 02:30 PM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

im sure that stunt rider that steals bikes and sells drugs to fund his stuntlife style will make. Whats his name Brian something
Old 07-29-2010, 02:42 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BUSA KILLER
im sure that stunt rider that steals bikes and sells drugs to fund his stuntlife style will make. Whats his name Brian something
You can't just tell half of what you know. You have to atleast spill it
Old 07-29-2010, 02:43 PM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

oh i will in due time his day is comming very soon
Old 07-29-2010, 04:22 PM

gsxr06 is a decent person

x games or not, this can be almost perfectly compared to playing pool. A great hobbie, a great game, an awsome way to clear your mind, and some can profit from the industry who have good connections and $ to invest and get the foot in the door at just the right time. The problem is there just isnt enough money surrounding the sport for lots of people to turn it into a real job, or to be paid for doing it. The biggest pool tournys still only pay out 10 or 15k, and thats being able to beat players that are at the highest level consistently. I think that even relating the sport to getting rich is a stupid mind set to have in the first place, do it for yourself, for your own accomplishments, if it works out it does, if not then not, but just like any business if you are in it completely for the money and to try to get rich, then your chances are not good.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Except stunt riders have a chance to sell a lot of products for companies. I believe this is a much better platform for sponsorships than pool.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:30 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

Originally Posted by gsxr06
x games or not, this can be almost perfectly compared to playing pool. A great hobbie, a great game, an awsome way to clear your mind, and some can profit from the industry who have good connections and $ to invest and get the foot in the door at just the right time. The problem is there just isnt enough money surrounding the sport for lots of people to turn it into a real job, or to be paid for doing it. The biggest pool tournys still only pay out 10 or 15k, and thats being able to beat players that are at the highest level consistently. I think that even relating the sport to getting rich is a stupid mind set to have in the first place, do it for yourself, for your own accomplishments, if it works out it does, if not then not, but just like any business if you are in it completely for the money and to try to get rich, then your chances are not good.
heres the thing everything you just said is true but already things 99% of us already know. there isnt anyone who actually goes out to get rich off of extream sports. you do it cuz you love it, every sport has its dedication if you cant dedicate yourself to it and have a more or less love for the sport then of course your efforts are going to be worthless. we do it for fun, for the progression, and yes to show off.

Originally Posted by scott3824
apparently you are too new to know rob
not that new but i guess new enough
Old 07-30-2010, 02:41 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

id compare it more to drifting than pool (on the action level), but either way i cant help but see a ceiling as far as opportunity... as much as we love the sport i cant deny the fact that most people really dont give a **** about it. ive seen people that were moderately interested get bored watching movies in about 5 minutes... i agree with you about it being like pool though, it is fun as hell to do but loses a lot of appeal when watching for the average person.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

there's a bigger market for this, and still a lot of room for growth.

the most overwhelming positive response from market research was kids between 8 and 12. they agreed Universally that they would want to attend a stunt event, would ask their parents for dvds, and would wear stunt related clothing if given the chance. 100% of the kids in this age group were instant fans. they wanted to watch the footage over and over, and many returned to my house with adorable fan mail for their favorite riders.

sorry for not forwarding it along, but I'm horrible at mailing anything.

My own daughter, when she was 9, printed out an Arron Twite acro photo, and hung it on her wall. it's still there two years later.
suggesting posters might be good sellers.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

but just like any business if you are in it completely for the money and to try to get rich, then your chances are not good.

Ok, thats like the anti-thesis for every business class ever taught... almost all people involved with business are in it to make money, they are extremely common and pretty boring people. It is the rare people who love what they do and make money doing it... the lucky few.

Doing what you love for free does not pay the bills, why is it so bad to try and be one of the rare few?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 AM

hawaii_stunt is a decent person

ok what about drifting? drifting isnt in the xgames but people can make a pretty decent living off of it. Just like stunt riding.....
Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 AM

hawaii_stunt is a decent person

Ill list some riders doing well just by "stunting"

christian pfeiffer
jorian ponomareff
jason britton
stunter 13
kane one
darius khashabi
teach

shall i keep going?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:16 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hawaii_stunt
Ill list some riders doing well just by "stunting"

christian pfeiffer
jorian ponomareff
jason britton
stunter 13
kane one
darius khashabi
teach

shall i keep going?
Yes please and do tell how much these riders are making
Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 AM

itkonlyyou213 is a decent person

Hello! The burning hot summer arrived, this is the demonstration stature good season,
the retreat winter sincere appearance, lets lithe, the individuality, the fashion,
the sex appeal, mature you start from here! Has a good news to tell everybody: Recently,
every bought full 200 US dollars in this company, then has the present to see off,
Vietnam which buys delivers are more, please do not miss this good opportunity!!!

===== http://www.bizboysell.com ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $16

New era cap $15

Bikini (Ed hardy) $25

FREE sHIPPING

====== http://www.bizboysell.com ====

▍ ★∴
   ....▍▍....█▍ ☆ ★∵ ..../
   ◥█▅▅██▅▅██▅▅▅▅▅███◤
   .◥███████████████◤
 ~~~~◥█████████████◤~~~~
Old 08-04-2010, 01:50 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

apparently even big brands are suffering.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 PM

Loopz is a decent person
Thumbs up Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Originally Posted by hawaii_stunt
ok what about drifting? drifting isnt in the xgames but people can make a pretty decent living off of it. Just like stunt riding.....

u serious?! haha. there has never been a decent living for drifters.. and the drifters that are in formula d. damn near all of them are rich retired racers. The younger so called "pro" drifters are the sons of rich retired racers.. christ. sum of these cars that are competing in amatuer comps have over 50 grand in aftermarket parts just for drifting.. lol the few.. like drift alliance made it sponser wise.. but they still need 2 sell there dvds an t shirts just to keep goin. I had high hopes for it.. but i watch it turn into a rich mans sport.. just like club racing.. ALSO. D1 is all but dead in japan, every major sponsor back out cause the sport isnt goin anywhere.. over here its hanging on, but the economy for cars isnt good. also.. heres sum of my old drifting vidz. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txxq8Elirqg i love the moutain roads i did sum early comps but just couldnt afford it.. i was too young at the time. as far as stunting.. b thankful its cheaper then cars.. i hope it does get big cause ive moved onto bikes because i love showing off. thats what drifting was about. i just think bikes are on another level of showing off. (my prediction )Stuntin will get to a certain point an proble stay there. Nothing crazy.. if it does get crazy cool.. if it dies.. cool. im still riding BIG WALL OF TEXT OVER.. sry
Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM
The Mountain Killer

JonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Yes please and do tell how much these riders are making
I think a better way too look at it is where will they be in 10 years after they have devoted so much time and effort to riding with no Jobs you can not stunt forever and what will they have to fall back on ...And i heard a rumor that ESPN made people pay to come in and watch the demo guess that is why i saw hardly anyone watching this event in the videos i saw....X-games wants fast high flying action sports and stunt riding over the years has turned into a ballerina contest ....As i told Scott on facebook only way people are going to find it dangerous and fun too watch is if it is a longest endo comp
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 PM
The Mountain Killer

JonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by itkonlyyou213
hello! The burning hot summer arrived, this is the demonstration stature good season,
the retreat winter sincere appearance, lets lithe, the individuality, the fashion,
the sex appeal, mature you start from here! Has a good news to tell everybody: Recently,
every bought full 200 us dollars in this company, then has the present to see off,
vietnam which buys delivers are more, please do not miss this good opportunity!!!

===== http://www.bizboysell.com ====

air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

handbags(coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

jean(true religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

sunglasses(oakey,coach,gucci,a r m a i n i) $16

new era cap $15

bikini (ed hardy) $25

free shipping

====== http://www.bizboysell.com ====

▍ ★∴
   ....▍▍....█▍ ☆ ★∵ ..../
   ◥█▅▅██▅▅██▅▅▅▅▅███◤
   .◥███████████████◤
 ~~~~◥█████████████◤~~~~
**** you
Old 08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JonnY X
I think a better way too look at it is where will they be in 10 years after they have devoted so much time and effort to riding with no Jobs you can not stunt forever and what will they have to fall back on ...And i heard a rumor that ESPN made people pay to come in and watch the demo guess that is why i saw hardly anyone watching this event in the videos i saw....X-games wants fast high flying action sports and stunt riding over the years has turned into a ballerina contest ....As i told Scott on facebook only way people are going to find it dangerous and fun too watch is if it is a longest endo comp
I'll put my salary on the fact that at least 5 of those guys are pulling more a year than you make working
What I don't understand is why so many of you feel the need to hate? They are intelligent enough to understand the scenario you (and others) outlined above. So obviously it is their choice to continue down the path they are on - who is anyone else here to judge? Does their decision to chase the dream affect anyone else here in a negative aspect?
Are you on the committee for xgames that makes the decisions? If so I missed that memo, because that would make your statement about what xgames wants more than just conjecture.
Who cares if they paid to do the demo .... you never had to buy a new suit for an interview to make a vertical career move? Same concept and actually most of my suits were probably more expensive than what they had to pay to play, and in my opinion I would gladly trade what I paid for a suit to get to ride at that venue.

If you want to get specific I'm pretty sure we can start singling out guys that have a "career" to fall back on. On that note even if they don't have a "career" to fall back on after they hang up the helmet how is it any different than you (or anyone else) working at a shop or something if they do that? Who's to say that the relationships they make through stuntriding and the networking they establish don't lead to a job with one of the corporate sponsors after all is said and done?

People watch it plain and simple. If my squid *** can pull a thousand people in at a local bike night show it can easily be expounded at a professional level, as has already been proven with xdl. If you disagree come up and check out xdl indy

p.s. you're still my homie you crotchety homo, you just gave me the opening to summarize my thoughts on the whole thread.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:15 PM
The Mountain Killer

Originally Posted by scott3824
I'll put my salary on the fact that at least 5 of those guys are pulling more a year than you make working
What I don't understand is why so many of you feel the need to hate? They are intelligent enough to understand the scenario you (and others) outlined above. So obviously it is their choice to continue down the path they are on - who is anyone else here to judge? Does their decision to chase the dream affect anyone else here in a negative aspect?
Are you on the committee for xgames that makes the decisions? If so I missed that memo, because that would make your statement about what xgames wants more than just conjecture.
Who cares if they paid to do the demo .... you never had to buy a new suit for an interview to make a vertical career move? Same concept and actually most of my suits were probably more expensive than what they had to pay to play, and in my opinion I would gladly trade what I paid for a suit to get to ride at that venue.

If you want to get specific I'm pretty sure we can start singling out guys that have a "career" to fall back on. On that note even if they don't have a "career" to fall back on after they hang up the helmet how is it any different than you (or anyone else) working at a shop or something if they do that? Who's to say that the relationships they make through stuntriding and the networking they establish don't lead to a job with one of the corporate sponsors after all is said and done?

People watch it plain and simple. If my squid *** can pull a thousand people in at a local bike night show it can easily be expounded at a professional level, as has already been proven with xdl. If you disagree come up and check out xdl indy

p.s. you're still my homie you crotchety homo, you just gave me the opening to summarize my thoughts on the whole thread.
5 out of how many lol that is not a significant number ..and i am not hating i am just looking at it from where i see it going all the power too them for doing what they like...I use to love watching people ride whoolies but it is a fact it gets old watching the same thing over and over again....not sure why you dont ride anymore bored ?

Quick Reply: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.