Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

So do i. Is it true the people riding in the X games demo have to pay $500 to ride in it?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

yep, its a lot to pay for, barriers, union labor, insurance, clean up.

a couple of sponsors got on board (K&N, Aprilia, Wheelie Teach, Stuntride.com) and beyond that, every single one of us has chipped in $500

is this a big deal that deserves an LOL? and some implied dig at everyone who has taken it this far.

money talks and bullshit walks... Im not scared to gamble.. I bet last year that the response we would get, by having a booth would get us to the demo level this year.. so I paid for a booth through stuntride.com (Thousands of dollars)

this year im willing to bet that us riding there will take us to a more official level next year. So I put my money up and so did 20 or so of the most dedicated riders in the US.

its not that hard to just say "good job"
Old 07-28-2010, 04:25 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Good job Thomas

I was laughing at the fact you bumped this old thread up
Old 07-28-2010, 04:38 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

oh I figured it was a good old last dig
Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

as always good **** thomas, and good **** the riders who are participating who are always bringing this sport to a new level
Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM

BiLLyThaKidd is a decent person

**** man in just 5 years stunt riding has come Sooooo far.. 5years ago I told everyone stunting would Benin xgames well now look how close we are

5 years ago we barley had any tools to use (cages 12 bars hand brakes) there may have been how fi and 905 making parts now look at all the verity we
Can pick from!!

Just 5 years ago I'd get pulled over just so the cops could ask me WTF is that bar on the back and y is ur tank messed up...

5 years ago I had to EXPLAIN to people WTF stunt riding was to anyone that asked what I did!! Now 9out of 10 people know when I say I stunt ride (thanks superbikes)

I remember when we didn't even have handbrakes and you were a bitch if you had one!!!!

So I disagree with your post stunt riding will go main stream!!! Cuz people are sick and they love to watch
people hurt them selves!! and kids and chicks love wheelies!!!!

Showoff or not were progressing like it love it or move the **** on to motocross!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 PM

BiLLyThaKidd is a decent person

And just a side note go on YouTube and watch videos from the 90s and then watch the last xdl comp....

Were not progressing...... Tricks from then to now r enough to change anyones mind!!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

i wonder if the guy who started this thread feels like an *** now because of the fact stunt riding is being featured in the xgames this year. it doesnt matter to me that riders have to pay to be there, its the fact that they are there showing that this is more of a progression thing and a sport to alot of us versus just causing havoc in the streets
Old 07-28-2010, 02:51 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by swampy
i wonder if the guy who started this thread feels like an *** now because of the fact stunt riding is being featured in the xgames this year. it doesnt matter to me that riders have to pay to be there, its the fact that they are there showing that this is more of a progression thing and a sport to alot of us versus just causing havoc in the streets
probably not. hes a special kid
Old 07-28-2010, 03:13 PM

smallsgsxr is a decent person

Originally Posted by 636squid
I have no dream, I ride for the fun of it!!! I've been on a bike since I was 5. It's not boring to me because I know how hard it is. For the normal public it's boring why do think the backflip is boring in FMX, because they've seen it so many times. In the X games FMX name call they were doing tricks thought immpossible 2 years ago. Watch a FMX event on TV thats not the X Games and see how many people are in the crownd, not many. Remeber i have absolutely no dream about making it big in stunting, I bring home $1400 a week after taxes so there is no dream of being a pro, and I never mentioned it. This sport will go someware but it won't stay there for long.

damn son 1400 after taxes drinks on this guy
Old 07-28-2010, 04:35 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

HELL YES!

thats what I am talkin about. Finally someone thi nkin clear. Plus the sport is not even legal yet. Every sport supported by X games is legal. Menaing you can go somewhere and legally practice the given sport. There arent any legal freestyle parks here in the US. If there were it might have a chance. But xdl riders for X games ...its a good concept but its more a show than a sport. Get legit stunt/freestyle parks everywhere and its gonna go mainstream. Until then.....
Old 07-28-2010, 04:38 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

BY THE WAY

X games is only having stunt riders do an exhibition/demo in the parking lot. ITS FAR FROM BECOMING AN OFFICIAL X GAMES EVENT! Yay it may be an official x games demonstration....but woooooptidoooooooo... not that I am not gonna check it out....I will for sure... but lets keep it real!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

What tv network covers the x games? We should start emailing them to let them know what we want to see
Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeM
What tv network covers the x games? We should start emailing them to let them know what we want to see
believe its on espn
Old 07-28-2010, 09:46 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by MikeM
Good luck
Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 PM
a k a jeremiah damn it

Jnutz1 is a decent person

where is stunt bling at now any ways ?????
Old 07-29-2010, 01:35 AM

johnnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN
I beg to differ! I know quite a few riders that have become successfull with stunt riding! Heck, I moved to kansas city 10 years ago with pretty much a mustang and car full of clothes! It doesnt happen overnight son!
who do you know that is succesful...actually making good money 110 k plus a year i know one guy and he isnt even any where near the top of the heap as far as stunters go ...just knew how to market himself. Until we get some legit places to ride the sport can only grow so much. Its gonna be rough but definitely can happen.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jnutz1
where is stunt bling at now any ways ?????

racing vin diesal and paul walker.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

Originally Posted by zride
BY THE WAY

X games is only having stunt riders do an exhibition/demo in the parking lot. ITS FAR FROM BECOMING AN OFFICIAL X GAMES EVENT! Yay it may be an official x games demonstration....but woooooptidoooooooo... not that I am not gonna check it out....I will for sure... but lets keep it real!

here is the thing that most of you are missing, yeah its a demo but here is the thing its hitting mainstream. im sure that most new sports set up demos to see if it draws a crowd. which stunt riding does, and almost every sport that the xgames has is and was illegal. They didnt start getting spots to legally ride in till after it hit mainstream and more ppl wanted to have the dreams of being on tv. once the ball is rolling and someone actually fronts the cash to start the first spot up they will be everywhere. it was the same for skatebording and bmx, 10 years ago there wasnt anywhere they could go. the stuff pulled in a crowd and it got on tv and now you cant go anywhere with out seeing some kind of skate park. nothing happens over night but atleast its happening
Old 07-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

I just read all 22 pages and THIS THREAD SUCKS.

Quick Reply: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.