Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Originally Posted by stuntRR
I'm 15, and never seen a person do a wheelie on a street bike in front of me, only seen videos. But I love watching those videos, I don't care who says its boring, everyone likes something different. I watch the same videos over and over again, hoping that one day be me. I meet people on the internet that stunt, and I look up to them, knowing they can do something amazing that alot of people wouldn't dare to do. All I have is my quad, and I live right near the dunes, but everytime I go out to the dunes, I find a flat area and work on doing my wheelies. I do it for the love, the adrenaline rush, the excitment. And Heck, I ain't even on a streetbike, just a 4-wheeler. Sure I would love to one day get paid to stunt streetbikes if I ever do get to doing that, but I would much rather get a job, pay off a house, truck, and bike, and do what I want most of the time.

I want the dream to last, and I want to be riding with you guys some day, but until then, wether it be circle wheelies, endos, burnouts, or drifts, I will watch videos and dream on. Then go out to the dunes and perfect my wheelie then add a trick onto it. And I never get bored watching you guys do those tricks!

Just how I feel about it.
my point exactly
Old 05-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
my point exactly
that kids post was really cool

and stuntriding never going anywhere? x-games bitches thats all i got to say.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 AM
STUNT SYNDICATE

ogsuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larryboy
i just have to say i think this has all just the beggining for stunt riders. all of the stunters befor us killing themselfs makeing the videos going to shows spending months in the bed because of injuries because they saw something not for what it was but what it could be. im glad those guys arent reading this. becuz if this doesnt get bigger and bigger like i think it is. they did all that crap for nothing. and tricks will always get more and more crazy someone will work a weeks months and years on a trick that no ones ever done. its happend in ever over the top sport. FMX BMX. just look down the line. and if it went to the X-games i think it would be one of the most high energy exciting sports there. idunno if im way off i skipped like pages 15-19 got tired of reading..

we are reading it,and it was worth it for some of us that were there in the begining
Old 05-05-2009, 04:20 PM

http://www.stuntride.com/vbstunt/showthread.php?t=5126

yeah huh?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuntRR
I'm 15, and never seen a person do a wheelie on a street bike in front of me, only seen videos. But I love watching those videos, I don't care who says its boring, everyone likes something different. I watch the same videos over and over again, hoping that one day be me. I meet people on the internet that stunt, and I look up to them, knowing they can do something amazing that alot of people wouldn't dare to do. All I have is my quad, and I live right near the dunes, but everytime I go out to the dunes, I find a flat area and work on doing my wheelies. I do it for the love, the adrenaline rush, the excitment. And Heck, I ain't even on a streetbike, just a 4-wheeler. Sure I would love to one day get paid to stunt streetbikes if I ever do get to doing that, but I would much rather get a job, pay off a house, truck, and bike, and do what I want most of the time.

I want the dream to last, and I want to be riding with you guys some day, but until then, wether it be circle wheelies, endos, burnouts, or drifts, I will watch videos and dream on. Then go out to the dunes and perfect my wheelie then add a trick onto it. And I never get bored watching you guys do those tricks!

Just how I feel about it.
awesome post!!!
keep at it and you WILL be there one day. I couldn't rock a good wheelie till I was about 23 on my 03 cr 250 and I'd been in the dirt since I was little
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person

^agreed! great post! honestly i feel like i can relate, the best wheelies i have seen first hand are mine..... and i suck *** bad... noone decent does it around here. i didnt read all 20 pages, but seriously, not to rip on skateboarding, but i'd so much rather watch a motorcycle than some guy dick around on a board. i cant stand on a damn board w/o falling off, i know it takes talent, but it just doesnt blow my skirt up like stunt riding. if it made the xgames or something i think people would dig it.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM

manny510 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Suicidl
i agree with the its not what you know, its who you blow.

Stuntriding is BORING AS HELL TO WATCH
tru tru and thats our hobby not show offf
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 PM

whats real funny is that all of you people who say its boring to watch are the same people I never see at events with thousands of fans who are enjoying the boredom..

if you are riding at the lot with your friends or watching videos of yourself and thinking.. "Stuntriding is BORING AS HELL TO WATCH"

then id probably have to say that its not the sport thats the problem, maybe its the rider
Old 05-05-2009, 06:43 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

whats real funny is that all of you people who say its boring to watch are the same people I never see at events with thousands of fans who are enjoying the boredom..

if you are riding at the lot with your friends or watching videos of yourself and thinking.. "Stuntriding is BORING AS HELL TO WATCH"

then id probably have to say that its not the sport thats the problem, maybe its the rider
Amen
Old 05-05-2009, 06:45 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

Word
, if I'm at a spot more then likely I'm riding, pretty much the whole time I'm there. But if I'm in a different part of the country just chilling at other spots, then there is no doubt that I am watching, taking pics or filming. How can the same people that claim to be stunters, that set there bikes up strictly for lots etc. Say that its boring to watch? I understand that the perspective on how you view different wheelies/tricks once you can do them changes. But for me I enjoy watching other riders practice,it gets me more pumped and makes me want to ride. Now bowling, that's very boring to watch,fishing another boring thing to watch, and those both are a lot more boring then what we do, right? But they have professional fishing and bowling that is all over espn.. And millions of people tune in to watch that ****! So you pretty much have to be super old or retarded to say that watching someone do some sick freestyle riding on a 300+ pnd motorcycle boring!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM

Larryboy is a decent person

LOL ITS NOT GOING ANYWERE thats why stunters are getting FACTORY CONTRACTS. exm BILL d YAmaha and Jason.b Kawi they are getting the same papers to sign as factory racers.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 PM

Larryboy is a decent person

CHECK IT http://www.roadracerx.com/news/yamaha-signs-stunter/
Old 05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

wow this is gay way to drag down the sport i think we all ride for other reasons... like love of the feelin an jus because we can... stop bein a hater cuz when it takes off your gonna be jumpin on the band wagon an if it diesnt youll still be out at the lot like you are now hopin you get signed one day....

Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Larryboy

oh an technically this already proves you wrong
Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
KILLIN BIKES

JOHNNYSTUNTS is a decent person

WTF!! everything in the action sports world started underground!! theres only one place to go after the start.. thats up!!! LETS GO XGAMES LETS GO!!! it all takes time... Now its TIME to do it big

flat land, and fruitbooting made it in.. didnt stick around long but it was in... and stunting is way more entertaining that both.. IMO
Old 05-05-2009, 07:25 PM

636squid is a decent person

I could care less what happens to this sport, I like to ride!!!!! I don't care about seeing it in the X-Games or watching the JB show on Speed or even going to watch any comps, I just want to go to my spot ride for 10, 20, 30 min or 4 hours with my wife and kid hanging out and my friends chilling and riding. Getting rapped up in wether or not this sport will really take off, will only hinder your ability to have fun.In my opinion it won't ever be any more maintstream than it really is now, it might get a little bigger. My opinion if you don't like it oh well.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
KILLIN BIKES

JOHNNYSTUNTS is a decent person

SO SO true

LOUD NOISES
Old 05-05-2009, 07:56 PM

jmansr6 is a decent person

gotta be the rider. I see the stunts all the time and love it when one of my friends is killin it. Im a fan for sure.fans seem to love it.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 PM

redline coaster is a decent person

+1 just like a wheelie this sport is going up on 1 or should i say up to #1 we all start somewhere if you you dont like it your not living the >>>>>> <<<<<< get with it
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 PM

word, I still agree

Quick Reply: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.