Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

word I agree
Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 AM
mega squid

ZxHunteR is a decent person

Stunt riding is missing 3 things

1. Rivalry.

People eagerly pick teams to sports they dont understand and root for one side till they're dead. Its a comforting feeling having an army of people cheering for the same thing you are so we pick sides. The way its set up now, you cant do that. Its every man for himself. Look at soccer if you dont believe this. A couple billion people cant be wrong. Create rivalry and you have an audience.

2. Role-play

The general public can pretend they are dale earnhart in their corola, or shaq at the park, or valentino rossi on their ninja 250. They cant pretend they are bill dixon. Make it so some random person that has never seen a motorcycle can get into it, and you can successfuly sell it. Create role-play and you have an audience.

3. Standardized rules and scoring

Make it to where the riders decides if he can win instead of a judge. The only judging "sports" that are still going today are funded by the nation a la the Olympics.
All other real sports have black and white rules to follow. Basket ball has hoops, and if you get the ball in the hole the most you win. No judging involved. Racing has the finish line. Cross the finish line first and you win. Simple. The way it is now its like pitting micheal jordan up against kobe and having judges score the form of their free throws. Instead of doing that, have them battle it out by seeing how many they can do. Creat rules and you have an audience.

As it stands I am content with what stunting is now. Keep making stunt shows and I will keep watching them locally. But if you want to get this on tv, incorporate these 3 things. Right now you are asking how in the hell are we supposed to do that? This is going to sound ridiculous, but you can do this by broadening your ideas on what we do with these bikes. Make goals of some sort. Keep stunts, but dont make the main objective doing a wheelie 5% better than the guy before me. Pick another sport, and add motorcycles. Think murder ball.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:48 AM
word

oh8cbr600 will become famous soon enough

I think stunting has the potential to get somewhere. I mean people used to watch flatland bmx back when it was part of the x games. And thats a lot more lame than stunting. Atleast we have an engine and a 500 pound bike involved.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ZxHunteR

1. Rivalry.

People eagerly pick teams to sports they dont understand and root for one side till they're dead. Its a comforting feeling having an army of people cheering for the same thing you are so we pick sides. The way its set up now, you cant do that. Its every man for himself. Look at soccer if you dont believe this. A couple billion people cant be wrong. Create rivalry and you have an audience.

2. Role-play

The general public can pretend they are dale earnhart in their corola, or shaq at the park, or valentino rossi on their ninja 250. They cant pretend they are bill dixon. Make it so some random person that has never seen a motorcycle can get into it, and you can successfuly sell it. Create role-play and you have an audience.

Make it to where the riders decides if he can win instead of a judge. The only judging "sports" that are still going today are funded by the nation a la the Olympics.
All other real sports have black and white rules to follow. Basket ball has hoops, and if you get the ball in the hole the most you win. No judging involved. Racing has the finish line. Cross the finish line first and you win. Simple. The way it is now its like pitting micheal jordan up against kobe and having judges score the form of their free throws. Instead of doing that, have them battle it out by seeing how many they can do. Creat rules and you have an audience.

As it stands I am content with what stunting is now. Keep making stunt shows and I will keep watching them locally. But if you want to get this on tv, incorporate these 3 things. Right now you are asking how in the hell are we supposed to do that? This is going to sound ridiculous, but you can do this by broadening your ideas on what we do with these bikes. Make goals of some sort. Keep stunts, but dont make the main objective doing a wheelie 5% better than the guy before me. Pick another sport, and add motorcycles. Think murder ball.
Very good points made
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

Originally Posted by **superstunna**
then how come all the best riders arent superstars? with the talent they have they should be like james stewart or rickey carmichel.. its not what you know, its who you blow..
its all about marketing yourself properly and wanting to make something of yourself man
Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 PM

crowbar is a decent person

who cares. go ride and have fun.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM

rippa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
word I agree
Holy thread bump.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

LOL for sure ^^
Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
STUNT SYNDICATE

ogsuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
sucks when u think u know but u dont

Thats probably the dumbest argument I've heard...nobody else will say it but I will.

Not saying it will or won't go xgames but did u actually watch X this year? Weak! Stunting fits and I guarantee would be as entertaing if not more so than some other stuff they had going on

And if stunting is going nowhere y is there a greater and continuing interest from manufacturers and corporate sponsors?

U can keep ur riding underground but u aren't in the game like some of us and dont have any idea what's really happening right now

No offense but thats the truth

+100000000

this post is just goofy!

things take time for sport to progress from conception, when i started,there was only hate for stunters,now look at it.

in another 10 yrs it will be even better.

like teach said, theres alot more corporate sponsors now and increasing everyday!!

if you only wanna be a lot rider thats cool,i have ALOT of friends that do the same, but why hate on those with vision and a dream
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 PM

bikekiller is a decent person

1. Rivalry.

2. Role-play

Wow, that has to be one of the best thought out posts I've seen on SL. Excellent points!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Dune Rider

stuntRR is a decent person

I'm 15, and never seen a person do a wheelie on a street bike in front of me, only seen videos. But I love watching those videos, I don't care who says its boring, everyone likes something different. I watch the same videos over and over again, hoping that one day be me. I meet people on the internet that stunt, and I look up to them, knowing they can do something amazing that alot of people wouldn't dare to do. All I have is my quad, and I live right near the dunes, but everytime I go out to the dunes, I find a flat area and work on doing my wheelies. I do it for the love, the adrenaline rush, the excitment. And Heck, I ain't even on a streetbike, just a 4-wheeler. Sure I would love to one day get paid to stunt streetbikes if I ever do get to doing that, but I would much rather get a job, pay off a house, truck, and bike, and do what I want most of the time.

I want the dream to last, and I want to be riding with you guys some day, but until then, wether it be circle wheelies, endos, burnouts, or drifts, I will watch videos and dream on. Then go out to the dunes and perfect my wheelie then add a trick onto it. And I never get bored watching you guys do those tricks!

Just how I feel about it.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scott3824
free manbearpig
+1

roaaaarrrr
Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

Originally Posted by stuntRR
I'm 15, and never seen a person do a wheelie on a street bike in front of me, only seen videos. But I love watching those videos, I don't care who says its boring, everyone likes something different. I watch the same videos over and over again, hoping that one day be me. I meet people on the internet that stunt, and I look up to them, knowing they can do something amazing that alot of people wouldn't dare to do. All I have is my quad, and I live right near the dunes, but everytime I go out to the dunes, I find a flat area and work on doing my wheelies. I do it for the love, the adrenaline rush, the excitment. And Heck, I ain't even on a streetbike, just a 4-wheeler. Sure I would love to one day get paid to stunt streetbikes if I ever do get to doing that, but I would much rather get a job, pay off a house, truck, and bike, and do what I want most of the time.

I want the dream to last, and I want to be riding with you guys some day, but until then, wether it be circle wheelies, endos, burnouts, or drifts, I will watch videos and dream on. Then go out to the dunes and perfect my wheelie then add a trick onto it. And I never get bored watching you guys do those tricks!

Just how I feel about it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

so im kinda one of the haters that never thought this would make it to the Xgames but after more thought this is just my .02 i think it would be sweet to watch freestyle runs no longer than 2mins but then the runs would be so fast it would be all about burnouts fast stoppies maybe a couple complicated tricks but to me as a lot/street rider i wanna see more technical tricks i think it would be sweet if it made it to the Xgames but i ride to chill with my friends and have fun
Old 05-04-2009, 11:13 PM

Tomball_D is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuntin aint about money,its about being free havin fun and ridin. People who wanted to get sponsored skateboarding are now working 9-5 and the real skaters get up a 1 pm and ride a peice of wood for 60k a year
Old 05-04-2009, 11:22 PM

Larryboy is a decent person

i just have to say i think this has all just the beggining for stunt riders. all of the stunters befor us killing themselfs makeing the videos going to shows spending months in the bed because of injuries because they saw something not for what it was but what it could be. im glad those guys arent reading this. becuz if this doesnt get bigger and bigger like i think it is. they did all that crap for nothing. and tricks will always get more and more crazy someone will work a weeks months and years on a trick that no ones ever done. its happend in ever over the top sport. FMX BMX. just look down the line. and if it went to the X-games i think it would be one of the most high energy exciting sports there. idunno if im way off i skipped like pages 15-19 got tired of reading..
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 PM

ummm yeahh uhhh soo how about them egales? lol
Old 05-04-2009, 11:29 PM

everyone loves big smokey burnouts period. makes me smile everytime
Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 AM
squid life

joejoe898 is a jewel in the roughjoejoe898 is a jewel in the roughjoejoe898 is a jewel in the roughjoejoe898 is a jewel in the rough

i love 2 ridei do it 4 the rush fun if u think u can wake up stunt and make a livin doing so go 4 it but unless u have a big trust fund us workin class need to pat bills and cant be layed up 4 months at a time one day it will be huge sport till then put in the work new tricks r always being made
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

1. Rivalry.

People eagerly pick teams to sports they dont understand and root for one side till they're dead. Its a comforting feeling having an army of people cheering for the same thing you are so we pick sides. The way its set up now, you cant do that. Its every man for himself. Look at soccer if you dont believe this. A couple billion people cant be wrong. Create rivalry and you have an audience. Teach vs. Kane vs. Darius vs. the whole death squad vs. bill dixon

2. Role-play

The general public can pretend they are dale earnhart in their corola, or shaq at the park, or valentino rossi on their ninja 250. They cant pretend they are bill dixon. Make it so some random person that has never seen a motorcycle can get into it, and you can successfuly sell it. Create role-play and you have an audience. the random person can pretend to be bill d on their ninja 250... oh and i know a lot of random people that can pretend to ride 20 foot halfpipes or big air on thier skateboards... well not so much, but hey those sports are around... I dont snowboard a lick but love watching it in Xgames

the only judged sports are olympic? hmmm lets see, skateboarding vert, skateboarding park, bmx vert, fmx freestyle, fmx sickest trick, snowboarding... hmmm not so much a good point there.. besides the fact that saying having "standardized rules and scoring" (ie: judging rules, you know... like the ones at XDL...) contradicts adding to this point any sport which has a clear obstacle to score, be it a finish line, or a basket. This point is also diminished by the fact that stuntriding as a sport has many more measured competitions that you folks have yet to see.. the only ones that will stay judged are freestyle and sickest trick (think step up or speed and style for dirtbikes)

so yeah.. what next?

Quick Reply: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.