Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:45 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough
Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Towliee. You're not your.

I can't spell worth a **** and even I noticed that one.

Oh yeah.......I like what you had to say ogsuperman.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by apfire26
Towliee. You're not your.

I can't spell worth a **** and even I noticed that one.
Refer to my post.

Originally Posted by Towlieee
if you went to college and your only making 20k then you need to figure out what your doing wrong.

I droped out of highschool and started my first job at $28,000

Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 PM

Refer to my post.

I did and its still wrong.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM

Squidhick651 is a decent person

Originally Posted by apfire26
I did and its still wrong.
He is right... it should be you're as in you are
Old 08-15-2008, 01:00 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Squidhick651
He is right... it should be you're as in you are

I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not.

Because I am!

I was referring to the fact I said "I droped out of highschool" after using the wrong your/you're
Old 08-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Because I am!

I was referring to the fact I said "I droped out of highschool" after using the wrong your/you're

Touche sir.... touche
Old 08-15-2008, 01:02 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

holly ****! it has turned into a proper grammar thread. teach should be all over this one.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:07 PM

Because I am!

You were just getting too deep for us, that's all.

I made it through highschool but thats as far as I went.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
holly ****! it has turned into a proper grammar thread.
Yeah because the original topic of this thread is retarded.... kinda like the rob durren threads all got off track because of the subject matter
Old 08-15-2008, 01:46 PM

Yeah because the original topic of this thread is retarded.... kinda like the rob durren threads all got off track because of the subject matter

right or wrong, i think its a good thread! i would rather hear everyones opinion on this matter, than see another thread about what cage, or handbrake should i run!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:10 PM

J Dollaz is a decent person

Originally Posted by **superstunna**
something like bmx flatland would be a little more compairable
Exactly, so why wouldnt it make it...
There are still tricks you guys havent even learned!
Only the time willtell.. Im No Pro and Far From it,
but the way you sound in your 1st post seems like you
want to Hold back the Sport yourself???
Old 08-16-2008, 01:10 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Not everyone hits the job lottery like you man...

I realize now that the only part of college that was worth the money was the beer...

maybe that's the reason your education didn't pay off. Can't get a slacker degree and expect to get a good job.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:30 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

100%truth.....a college degree doesn't guarantee ****....I'll be $250,000 in debt when I get out of college, all for a couple extra letters tacked onto the end of my name and 2-3 pieces of paper from a board and my state. If I cant run a successful office, I'm back to working for Home Depot or some **** for MAYBE $29,000 like when I left that job, but with a loan payment of twice what my income is!

With this "sport" and going places.....there IS room to grow, and a select few will be able to make a living off of the sport directly, they are going to be the newer/younger riders. Most likely tho, those making a GOOD living off of riding are going to make their money like people in other "wheeled/non-ball"sports from advertisement deals, sponsorship deals, and other sources instead of from actual comps and shows. I personally do not feel stunt riding has the potential to blow up into what FMX or SkateBoarding has....for the simple reason that the hardest tricks being done right now are not the ones viewed as the most entertaining by the lay people, the general public.....and they have the money, they have the TV's for ratings, and they are the majority companies are trying to reach. I personally love watching someone ripping super fast combo circles and turning 270 endoes.....but.....actually watch a crowd during a show, and recognize what makes them cheer and what makes them barely clap. I was riding in a show recently (one of two I've ever ridden in btw, so yes my experience RIDING in them is limited, but not watching them). In the show people were doing combo circles and so on and the crowd was "there," Josh Clem did a couple fast pirouettes and they got kinda excited, I did a couple tall endoes that made them clap a lil, a simple chainsaw burnout made them roar somewhat, I noticed a christ or quickly done acro made them clap more than any complicated circle/endo/combo,......it was tricks from 1998 that got the crowd going, that made it exciting for them.

I've also noticed this practicing at the lot as well. I have a buddy who has Greg Sunday's old F4i and every now and then he does a bar trick....thats what usually gets the people over talking to us about how badass it was when he was doing an apehanger on the bar....not how he was comboing in and out of ralph louie to frog circles! There's your biggest barrier for this spot to blow up where people will be entertained enough where major money will change hands.

If you want to compare FMX being in the x-games, and the games being boring.....back flips, front flips, and so on are 30' high in the air at the top of 2nd gear and the rider could be seriously injured by simply missing their footpeg on the landing. On or off idle, the faster tricks in stunt riding just don't compare on the danger scale. I watched the FMX portion and loved it even not knowing the names of all the tricks, and not knowing the names of all the riders either. The rest of the x-games sucked in my opinion. Some of the rally car **** last year was ok, but the event where they go for height to get over the bar like a pole vault in track.....zzzzzzzzz, 'click' new channel!

Someone also mentioned flatland BMX earlier.....um, NEVER seen it on anything but you-tube yet, and the nitch for it may by on cable or saturday afternoon tv, but its a filler when something better wasn't happening, kinda where stunting would be on tv right now.

Another thing to consider is a potential factory sponsorship in BMX, FMX, and stunting....what does a fully setup bmx bicycle cost??? or even a setup FMX bike??? now compare to a setup premium stunt bike built from a new sportbike....oh, yeah, most people are going to require a practice bike and a show/comp bike as well.

As for the sport and sponsorships, I've made this argument before to local stunters and friends, and still stick by it..... "IF I WERE ANY MOTORCYCLE COMPANY OR EVEN A STUNT COMPANY, I WOULD NOT SPONSOR A SINGLE STUNT RIDER IN THIS AREA OR IN THIS SPORT IN GENERAL, UNLESS I FELT THEY COULD RETURN AS MUCH OR MORE MONEY AS WHAT I HAVE INVESTED IN THEIR SPONSORSHIP!" Now, just as then, I dont think there are more than maybe 5-10 people who can provide that kind of return on investment (and thats what matters to a company, making money on their investments!).....and those people are not always the best riders either.

I've heard certain riders who talk of dropping a sponsor because they aren't giving them enough, or are giving someone else more, or they haven't shipped their new cage out, or they aren't doing this or that..... and I can't help but wonder how much money those riders have generated for their sponsors!

sorry for the long rant....and flame away
Old 08-16-2008, 05:19 AM

burnsy is a decent person

ok here is my opinion on the sport.. im not a stunt rider, just a squid but some of my best friends are stunt riders and are credited for the time they have put into this sport.. im with them at most all there practice sessions becouse im a fan and love to shoot them, photography is one of my hobbies...
anyways back to my view on the sport . i believe it will make it big maby not x games, but who is to know right now i played amature paintball for 4 years and had many sponcers and was getting to play my hobbie for free but i didnt see the sport goin anywhere so i walked away from the sport well i was wrong paintball is a nation wide sport that gets regular air time and some of the guys i remimber playing against are making the big bucks not millions but they are deff. confortable with what they make doing something that they love well that could had been me.. but i was like all you naysayers on here and didnt think how something like paintball could go big i remiber when the only time i seen skate boarding or bmxing was in magazines and every now and then on tv well thats were sport bike free style is now you just have to wait and see what happens i think the guy who started this tread is getting frustrated becouse he cant ride himself....
Old 08-16-2008, 08:45 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
100%truth.....a college degree doesn't guarantee ****....I'll be $250,000 in debt when I get out of college, all for a couple extra letters tacked onto the end of my name and 2-3 pieces of paper from a board and my state. If I cant run a successful office, I'm back to working for Home Depot or some **** for MAYBE $29,000 like when I left that job, but with a loan payment of twice what my income is!

With this "sport" and going places.....there IS room to grow, and a select few will be able to make a living off of the sport directly, they are going to be the newer/younger riders. Most likely tho, those making a GOOD living off of riding are going to make their money like people in other "wheeled/non-ball"sports from advertisement deals, sponsorship deals, and other sources instead of from actual comps and shows. I personally do not feel stunt riding has the potential to blow up into what FMX or SkateBoarding has....for the simple reason that the hardest tricks being done right now are not the ones viewed as the most entertaining by the lay people, the general public.....and they have the money, they have the TV's for ratings, and they are the majority companies are trying to reach. I personally love watching someone ripping super fast combo circles and turning 270 endoes.....but.....actually watch a crowd during a show, and recognize what makes them cheer and what makes them barely clap. I was riding in a show recently (one of two I've ever ridden in btw, so yes my experience RIDING in them is limited, but not watching them). In the show people were doing combo circles and so on and the crowd was "there," Josh Clem did a couple fast pirouettes and they got kinda excited, I did a couple tall endoes that made them clap a lil, a simple chainsaw burnout made them roar somewhat, I noticed a christ or quickly done acro made them clap more than any complicated circle/endo/combo,......it was tricks from 1998 that got the crowd going, that made it exciting for them.

I've also noticed this practicing at the lot as well. I have a buddy who has Greg Sunday's old F4i and every now and then he does a bar trick....thats what usually gets the people over talking to us about how badass it was when he was doing an apehanger on the bar....not how he was comboing in and out of ralph louie to frog circles! There's your biggest barrier for this spot to blow up where people will be entertained enough where major money will change hands.

If you want to compare FMX being in the x-games, and the games being boring.....back flips, front flips, and so on are 30' high in the air at the top of 2nd gear and the rider could be seriously injured by simply missing their footpeg on the landing. On or off idle, the faster tricks in stunt riding just don't compare on the danger scale. I watched the FMX portion and loved it even not knowing the names of all the tricks, and not knowing the names of all the riders either. The rest of the x-games sucked in my opinion. Some of the rally car **** last year was ok, but the event where they go for height to get over the bar like a pole vault in track.....zzzzzzzzz, 'click' new channel!

Someone also mentioned flatland BMX earlier.....um, NEVER seen it on anything but you-tube yet, and the nitch for it may by on cable or saturday afternoon tv, but its a filler when something better wasn't happening, kinda where stunting would be on tv right now.

Another thing to consider is a potential factory sponsorship in BMX, FMX, and stunting....what does a fully setup bmx bicycle cost??? or even a setup FMX bike??? now compare to a setup premium stunt bike built from a new sportbike....oh, yeah, most people are going to require a practice bike and a show/comp bike as well.

As for the sport and sponsorships, I've made this argument before to local stunters and friends, and still stick by it..... "IF I WERE ANY MOTORCYCLE COMPANY OR EVEN A STUNT COMPANY, I WOULD NOT SPONSOR A SINGLE STUNT RIDER IN THIS AREA OR IN THIS SPORT IN GENERAL, UNLESS I FELT THEY COULD RETURN AS MUCH OR MORE MONEY AS WHAT I HAVE INVESTED IN THEIR SPONSORSHIP!" Now, just as then, I dont think there are more than maybe 5-10 people who can provide that kind of return on investment (and thats what matters to a company, making money on their investments!).....and those people are not always the best riders either.

I've heard certain riders who talk of dropping a sponsor because they aren't giving them enough, or are giving someone else more, or they haven't shipped their new cage out, or they aren't doing this or that..... and I can't help but wonder how much money those riders have generated for their sponsors!

sorry for the long rant....and flame away
I am not even going to pretend like i read that all, but i read the capital letters and ill agree on that. Actually i think this sport will grow leaps and bound if people start wadding their **** in HUGE WAYS on tv. How do you think the most boring of all things in the world ( NASCAR ) Turn nothing but left id rather watch paint dry draws in MILLIONS. People come to see smashes. SO ******* SMASH ! Send out Kelms and Bibo's for total disaster at each event !
Old 08-17-2008, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
maybe that's the reason your education didn't pay off. Can't get a slacker degree and expect to get a good job.
I didn't get a slacker degree, I have a degree in Chemistry. The thing is any job you try to get now wants ppl with 5+ years of experience or a Ph.D. So why not try and chase your dream? Thats what I was trying to do with college, but **** don't always pan out the way we want it to... Stunting and a college degree is no different then gambling, you throw money at it in hopes of striking it rich, but only a handful can... it's America deal with it
Old 08-17-2008, 01:22 AM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

then beat it squid *****, this is a topic for actual RIDERS not stunt *****
by the way if your not a stunter or a rider your opinion doesnt matter so sorry sweet ****

Last edited by **superstunna**; 08-17-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:53 AM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

just to let you all know i pretty much got the reaction i was looking for so jokes on you...

but kane you still suck , and i bet you give one hell of a blow job
Old 08-18-2008, 11:29 AM

just to let you all know i pretty much got the reaction i was looking for so jokes on you...

but kane you still suck , and i bet you give one hell of a blow job

Old 08-18-2008, 02:00 PM

Damn and hes got the personalty of durren to boot!

Quick Reply: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.