Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 PM

ezryder is a decent person
Re: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.

yo man, a lot of sports are just showing off, and im sure they didnt start out big. the x games keeps adding **** in, im not saying stunting will be one of the next events, but im sure the sport will grow
Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 PM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
didnt I end this thread already?
do you know who i am?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
oh and BMX flatland doesnt have noise, speed, smoke, or danger so its not really the same at all. Fmx is pretty boring save for a few riders and tricks

U have to rember that the sport is still young ad there are tons of people who have never seen it and are thrilled by it

I like listening to all u guys retarded arguments, at least make a thought out, valid, and original argument

i don't have a valid arguement so lets start seeing some numbers from the guys "in it" as you say.

all the pros that claim to be living off of it. post your annual savings and then tell us how much it cost you to gain that skill and the years involved.

If you look at the years and cost invested verses how much you are making annually i would bet it doesn't come close to offsetting a college education. I don't have hard numbers, but i'd like to see some of these pros show the numbers to prove my statement wrong. They're the only ones that know how much they make so they are the ones that can tell us. I could probably count on both my hands the number of riders that make an actual income from stuntriding.

I'll take a 4 year college degree and safe 60k a year over the stress of never knowing and barely making 20k a year. Then there is the problem of age and injuries that will take you out of the game. Then you're 40 with nothing.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:33 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by **superstunna**
do you know who i am?

Yeah buddy
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binder929rr
i don't have a valid arguement so lets start seeing some numbers from the guys "in it" as you say.

all the pros that claim to be living off of it. post your annual savings and then tell us how much it cost you to gain that skill and the years involved.

If you look at the years and cost invested verses how much you are making annually i would bet it doesn't come close to offsetting a college education. I don't have hard numbers, but i'd like to see some of these pros show the numbers to prove my statement wrong. They're the only ones that know how much they make so they are the ones that can tell us. I could probably count on both my hands the number of riders that make an actual income from stuntriding.

I'll take a 4 year college degree and safe 60k a year over the stress of never knowing and barely making 20k a year. Then there is the problem of age and injuries that will take you out of the game. Then you're 40 with nothing.
gonna have to agree w/ this one.....

Retirement savings? What is that anyway?

well.... there's always Mom and Dad right?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I agree. But to be honest, if I had the skill and I was able to place high in comps.......then I'd quit my job to try to live the "dream". It may be a very stupid move, but I would try.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:10 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

like i said, i don't post an argument, just what i believe by observation. I would like to see what they are making. I have high suspicion that i won't be proved wrong except for a few select cases.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

like i said, i don't post an argument, just what i believe by observation. I would like to see what they are making. I have high suspicion that i won't be proved wrong except for a few select cases.
kane makes over 100k a year with the bikes and all (heard from the grape vine....and i hope its true cuz he doesnt try to hide his said 6 figure salary/year!!!)..........but good post!!!

men lie, women lie, numbers DONT!!! post up ur #'s $$$$$$$$
Old 08-15-2008, 01:36 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

then do a survey of how many people have a 4 year degree and make less than 30k a year or cant find a job and/or now are in debt for the next 10 years.

School doesn't guarantee **** either!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:08 AM

crowbar is a decent person

Originally Posted by SIC J
then do a survey of how many people have a 4 year degree and make less than 30k a year or cant find a job and/or now are in debt for the next 10 years.

$35,000 for my wifes education for gene theropy...she works for a bank. We still owe about $20,000 in the loan
so +1 to that statement.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:13 AM
STUNT SYNDICATE

ogsuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly, take it from one of the oldest pros in this game!!!
nobody before colbert stunted pro before me!

ive made alot of money over the years but to be honest theres only a few that can honestly say they have made enough to live happy and not worry about retirement and such, me not being one.lol

fact is,i do it for the love of the game!
i quit this sport in 02 after a shity crash and i regreted it everyday of my life until this year!

this year i decided to learn the new style and get back into shows and the fun and ive never been happier at 37yrs old.

i began this game in 1998 and stayed true to it for yrs until my crash.
in those years i had aot of time to reflect and weigh out my lifes choices.

i can honestly tell you now,i wouldnt change it!
its not about the money or retirement or any of that **** for me!!

if i end up in a cardboard box at 65 and do nothing but talk about wheelies to people that dont give a ****,then so be it!!!

this game and life we live is for us,for me for you!!!!!

does money buy that fealing you get when you nail that trick you been working on?

does it buy the fealing you get when a kid comes up to you and says how he thinks your sooo cool??

**** no it dont!!!

live to ride is more then some **** you see on some cruiser bikers vest!!!!
i love you all! lol

Last edited by ogsuperman; 08-15-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:18 AM

dirty mike is a decent person

Originally Posted by ogsuperman
honestly take it from one of the oldest pros in this game!!!
nobody before colbert stunted pro before me!

ive made alot of money over the years but to be honest theres only a few that can honestly say they have made enough to live happy and not worry about retirement and such.

fact is,i do it for the love of the game!
i quit this sport in 02 after a shity crash and i regreted it everyday of my life until this year!

i started to learn the new style and get back into shows and the fun and ive never been happier at 37yrs old.

i began this game in 1998 and stayed true to it for yrs until my crash.
in those years i had aot of time to reflect and weigh out my lifes choices.

i can honestly tell you know,i wouldnt change it!
its not about the money or retirement or any of that **** for me!!

if i end up in a cardboard box at 55 and do nothing but talk about wheelies to people that dont give a ****,then so be it!!!

this game and life we live is for us,for me for you!!!!!

does money buy that fealing you get when you nail that trick you been working on?

does it buy the fealing you get when a kid comes up to you and says how he thinks your sooo cool??

**** no it dont!!!

live to ride is more then some **** you see on some cruiser bikers vest!!!!
i love you all! lol
+1000000000 best post so far
Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 AM
STUNT SYNDICATE

sorry for the run on post,i just know how the pusuit of money and status can ruin the love someone has for this game!!!

all the bizz and bs can make it a real pain in the *** at times!

to hell with the money jus ride to be your best and it will reflect if your smart enough to guide it that way!

then the money will come easier!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 AM

i dont ever care to see money from ridin...if some people wanna toss soem free tires and whatnot my way then awesome....but i never want to get frustrated with riding because i knwo if i dont win such and such a competition i cant pay my mortgage....no way...
some guys go fishin
some guys build race cars
i ride my bike...just like a bmx bike...its just for fun...
Old 08-15-2008, 04:35 AM
STUNT SYNDICATE

Originally Posted by dirty mike
i dont ever care to see money from ridin...if some people wanna toss soem free tires and whatnot my way then awesome....but i never want to get frustrated with riding because i knwo if i dont win such and such a competition i cant pay my mortgage....no way...
some guys go fishin
some guys build race cars
i ride my bike...just like a bmx bike...its just for fun...
exactly! take what you can get for the shows and be thankful for it and more will come if you show your appreciation!

i do alot of shows for charitys and i never charge them.
i only ask for fuel and room and board for the team if we have to travel.

to me its the fun and when you do those the contacts roll in anyway!

its not hard to make money in this game if you know how to rep yourself and present yourself as a bizz to people an potential contacts.

when its fun it shows and you do well!
this reflects in the minds of those watching!

when its money you can see the look on the faces of those guys and its not the same!
its a look of stress and to much ******* thinking! lol

i think i found the secret now after all these years,so ill let ya'll know if it worked by the end of 2009 lol :YEAH

Last edited by ogsuperman; 08-15-2008 at 04:39 AM. Reason: i cant spell!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:40 AM

props on things so far hope this and every year gets a lil better.

noone charges little kids to watch you ride....and they tell all their friends and are super stoked....shouldnt eveyone be approached in that same sense....if i have fun and you have fun and its all good in the end....why wouldnt you tell more peopel about me?....ya feel me?...
i dunno i think like a hippie too damn much lol
Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 AM

Squidhick651 is a decent person

Originally Posted by SIC J

******' A man. I just got out of college and the job I have I only got because the dude that they hired over me quit. And the money is not all that impressive either (like barely over 20k a year). And the bitch of it is that when I'm 40, I'll still be paying for all that useless schooling.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:04 AM

joey b is an unknown quantity at this point

why would anyone in this sport post up numbers? so under class riders can under cut the pros on there sponserships or try to do it
Old 08-15-2008, 12:10 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Squidhick651
******' A man. I just got out of college and the job I have I only got because the dude that they hired over me quit. And the money is not all that impressive either (like barely over 20k a year). And the bitch of it is that when I'm 40, I'll still be paying for all that useless schooling.
if you went to college and your only making 20k then you need to figure out what your doing wrong.

I droped out of highschool and started my first job at $28,000
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Squidhick651 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
if you went to college and your only making 20k then you need to figure out what your doing wrong.

I droped out of highschool and started my first job at $28,000
Not everyone hits the job lottery like you man...

I realize now that the only part of college that was worth the money was the beer...

Quick Reply: Stunt riding will never go anywhere.