Quik Question =)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:41 AM

istunt4boobs is a decent person
Quik Question =)

hey, wanting to know what most guys used to cut the hole in the back seat? how they did it, wats the best way of doing it right?

Cutting the whole and puttin my foot back there should be better for circles than just on the rear peg right? cuz when my foot is on rear peg and i try to lean the bike hard, feels like i got no leverage there... should this help so it keeps the bike farther back ??
Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Re: Quik Question =)

that would def. help, instead of doing the hole, u could stand on a 12 bar.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:49 AM

lol yea also thought of that but i dont have a 12 bar yet lol im brokeee i need one i could use the hell out of it.. butttt i dont so wat about the foot in hole idea?? better for circles right?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:55 AM

gixxer07sixxer is a decent person

i dont know how much padding you have on your rear seat bro but damn..i have an 07 fixxer and i could damn well near fit a headrest t.v. flush mounted into my rear seat theres so much cushion. :YEAHbut anyway..as far as cutting it..i dont see why you couldnt just take a good ol' fashioned box cutter or knife to it. just be careful and make sure its just padding and nothing else.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
CA STUNTER

yes, i dont know what they use to cut it but i know the procedure

they first remove the cover and cut the foam and plastck out. then place the cover back on. dont staple down, just put place over to see where on the cover u'll cut. mark a dot on the cover where the center of the hole is beneath. cut four lines from that mark to the four edges of the hole. pull each side of the cover under and staple down. some riders weld a piece of flat metal on the back side where u would stand so they dont put pressure on the foam.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, its easier than stagered and foot on seat.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:15 AM

hell yea thats badasss but seems hard to do lol... can one of u guys just come do it for me and ill just ride it? u get the pleasure of seeing me do my first (tight) circle..

sooo u cant just cut a whole in the seat? not that simple? any simple good ways of doing it? ur response did help me though its appreciated...
Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by big ben
that would def. help, instead of doing the hole, u could stand on a 12 bar.
ya if you want a 11 bar

if you want a 12 bar though, its gonna damn near touch the seat... no room to stand

I used a dremel to cut the bottom plastic of my seat, and a razor blade + the dremel to cut the top lol

edit: btw im 5'11, 145 pounds, and I HATE the hole in my seat.. I NEVER use it... I loved it at first, but now I stand with my right foot on the brake, and my left foot on the left portion of hte tail/gap between the 2 seats..... And if I'm doing a SS, then both feet are on the tail portion between the 2 seats..
Everytime I use the hole in my seat it just feels retarded, and I go back to just standing on the tail..
But to each his own, if you like it, rock it.. I personally don't like it, and I'm trading my friend my cut seat, for his uncut one

Last edited by Towlieee; 08-07-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
CA STUNTER

if u want it to look clean thats the best way tp do it. u can cut it with the cover on and use black duct tape to cover.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:18 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

Dremel.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 AM

eh ok... ok .. so dremel is my best option so far eh? cuz its goin on my f4i so if i did get a 12 bar, wat do u mean im not going to have any room?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 AM
CA STUNTER

the higher u would want to scrape, the closer in the 12 bar would have to b.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by istunt4boobs
eh ok... ok .. so dremel is my best option so far eh? cuz its goin on my f4i so if i did get a 12 bar, wat do u mean im not going to have any room?
If your bar is short enough, so you are AT 12, then it will be so short, it almost touches the passenger seat

Mine sticks about 1" off the passenger seat, no way to stand on it, unless I take the passenger seat off
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If your bar is short enough, so you are AT 12, then it will be so short, it almost touches the passenger seat

Mine sticks about 1" off the passenger seat, no way to stand on it, unless I take the passenger seat off
exactly
Old 08-07-2008, 01:24 AM

ah ya ur right... yea im wantin the pro bar, the short one for my bike and i hear u have to chop down the plastics too right? cut it down right behind the rear seat huh? or should i just cut a whole in my seat and say screw the 12 and the whole will just do the trik?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:34 AM

ah ya ur right... yea im wantin the pro bar, the short one for my bike and i hear u have to chop down the plastics too right? cut it down right behind the rear seat huh? or should i just cut a whole in my seat and say screw the 12 and the whole will just do the trik?
haha its just whatever you wanna do

if you leave your tail full length, you'll scrape at around 11 or 11:30

I had to cut around 4-5" off my tail, to scrape 12 lol

heres a couple pics of mine, mine is a hair past 12, but my bar is also only about 3/4" off the rear of my seat

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7581/dsc04762hh6.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6595/dsc04761rq5.jpg

And I'm only thinking about the next 12 bar I build, gonna cut my passenger seat, and go about 1.5" shorter :YEAH
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 AM

dammm that bike is sik! ya man thats like 1 oclok lol thats deff past 12 lol.. i just want mine at 12 but it looks like u could put ur foot in that seat even with the 12 on it... hey wat did u do to ur bars how do i get em like that on my f4i? =) and wat clutch and rear handbrake setup is that..
Old 08-07-2008, 01:43 AM

dammm that bike is sik! ya man thats like 1 oclok lol thats deff past 12 lol.. i just want mine at 12 but it looks like u could put ur foot in that seat even with the 12 on it... hey wat did u do to ur bars how do i get em like that on my f4i? =) and wat clutch and rear handbrake setup is that..

Oh ya you can def get your foooot in the SEAT

the other guy was talking about putting your foot in the BAR though, and that isn't possible if your bar is at 12 or farther

I just have cheap MX bars on mine, with $50 bar clamps drilled and bolted onto the stock triple, and I just re-routed the brake line, throttle, and clutch lines

Although now I run clip-ons, and I love them a lot more, but I don't think I have any pictures of my clip-ons
Old 08-07-2008, 02:01 AM

ya i was talkin about ur clipons of the blue f4i.. how did u get them like that? and u didnt like the DB bars? u pref clip ons over the feel?