tripple trees

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
tripple trees

i was thinking of lowering the tripples on my forks. but how tight do i tighten them? is there a correct amount of torque?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 AM

FU Boyz is a decent person
Re: tripple trees

untill u break the bolt!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

whoa dude... it's like 13lbs or 9lbs somin crazy like that... not much at all!!!
It's really easy to bend in the walls of your fork tube believe it or not. DO NOT overtighten those things for sure around your forks.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
whoa dude... it's like 13lbs or 9lbs somin crazy like that... not much at all!!!
It's really easy to bend in the walls of your fork tube believe it or not. DO NOT overtighten those things for sure around your forks.
13lbs is good for endos?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by big ben
13lbs is good for endos?
look it up. I know it's not much man.. I got flamed on a supermoto forum for commenting something like you said. You'll know what I'm talkin about when you loosen it. just use locktite....

too much meat on it, and you WILL take your forks out of round.

*NEVERMIND... just looked it up for you in my Aprilia RSV actual tech workshop manual.... (was the closest thing I could find) so for some big *** OHLINS susp on a italian race machine it is 18ftlbs of torque on the "triple clamp/fork tubes fastener" 13 and 18 ... pretty cose I guess? But It was LESS than that on my Katoom motard I know for a fact. Like 13-15 area or something on those big WP USD forks.

IF you are talkin about your SV. does it have inverted forks even?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
CA STUNTER

no, there conventional, but im looking it up, and its sounds about right, thanx.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by big ben
no, there conventional, but im looking it up, and its sounds about right, thanx.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:49 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Lowering your bike will make your bike endo like garbage!