Let me know what you think!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person
Let me know what you think!!!

So its fairly obvious that there are a lot of opinions on stuntlife! Everyone has their own ideas and thinks things should work one way or another.

So here's what I am after.

I am starting a wesite that will be up in the next 2 weeks, and a store front to follow later this year.

What do you want to see being sold, Website design, and things that you don't want your Ultimate stunt shop to do!!

I am starting this shop because I feel that there still isn't a shop that completly caters to stunt riding and its riders.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR PERFECT STUNT SHOP!!!

I am being very serious with all of this, I want you, my potential customers opinions and ideas of what YOU want!!!

I will read all of your responses no matter whether they are hateful or constructive! If you think I did you wrong when I was at HAI let me know what I can do to fix it so my new shop will please you as a consumer!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts
Re: Let me know what you think!!!

hell yea , you know i ll always buy something off from you like usually.

I m getting 636 and if you have some parts with you right now and I def need something for my new bike.

holla
Old 08-06-2008, 12:52 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

inside scoop sections! like news, results, trends, riders & **** like that in addition to the store, like sl with all the newbes and bullshit filtered out... so in that case it won't take up too mach room
Old 08-06-2008, 12:53 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

i never shopped at hai, but my local dealership never had a brakeline long enough for a handbrake (be it adapter or dual caliper).
Old 08-06-2008, 12:55 AM

I have an idea maybe you can call sumthin new like complete stunt parts package for your bike. or maybe to have everything in stock to make your service more faster and better for us.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:00 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

be open on sundays and mondays, i ******* hate when i need something on sunday and the only thing open is cycle queers.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:02 AM

that is good idea but it aint gunna happen in our lifetime.....Sunday Thru Friday or Monday Thru Saturday from ? am to ? pm ?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Only sell what you have in stock............

No offense, but that's what the "perfect stunt shop" would be, ready to ship parts.

Good luck with it
Old 08-06-2008, 01:13 AM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

i think one of the most important things is good customer service. a real time inventory on the website if you don't have it on hand you shouldn't be able to order it off the site.have stickers and t-shirts before the site is even up because people are going to want to support this because of the service you have given them before at hai.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:15 AM
wannabe stuntor

bigmak is a decent person

If you can get parts to me cheaper than the stores in Aus charge to import parts then i'd buy. Also if you wanto give me a job i'd buy everything from you ;P haha

Last edited by bigmak; 08-06-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by DLISH
inside scoop sections! like news, results, trends, riders & **** like that in addition to the store, like sl with all the newbes and bullshit filtered out... so in that case it won't take up too mach room
Yes there will deffinatly be a very interactive/news part to the website. There will be a forum and sections of pictures, videos, sponsored rider bios and general set-up and how to sections. This is all stuff that I am tryin to have up and working on the website by the first of the year!!

Thanks,
Tice
Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

One of the biggest problems with stocking everything is expense. It is really hard for a shop to have $5000 dollars worth of cages on hand, plus it would cause an increase in price for shipping. That is why when i was at HAI we drop shipped cages, it saved you the consumer about 20 dollars per order. I know that there are other shops out there in other industries that are able to do this, but i was able to see first hand why it would be very expensive for a shop in the stunt community to do this. The industry still isn't as big as we all think it is, myself included. It will be my goal to work closer with the stunt product manufactors to try and get parts cheaper and more efficiantly to the consumer!

This is all great critiscism and I look forward to reading more!

Thanks,
Tice
Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

how about going around to well known riders and get their opinions on the products you sell, testimonies. It'd be a good selling point for someone like me(squid) who's never tried any stunt products.

oh, and send me a shirt! and a job application. lol
Old 08-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep decent hours, stock the most common parts that break on stuntbikes, as well as a few hard to get items. Stock PEGS. nobody carries damn footpegs anywhere so when you break one you're completely f*cked. As far as the web pages goes... sell things that other people dont and make sure its available. Keep the site simple and easy to navigate. Checkout options should be simple as well. Don't clutter it up with lots of stock parts you can find all over the internet but let it be known if you offer them. Sell parts on ebay, push your storefront. Web sales will be minimal since there are tons of online retailers.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Stunt Lifes Biggest Hater

Cworley is a decent person

Originally Posted by k7-600
how about going around to well known riders and get their opinions on the products you sell, testimonies. It'd be a good selling point for someone like me(squid) who's never tried any stunt products.

oh, and send me a shirt! and a job application. lol

plus 2 add my name to that bottom request as well
Old 08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by bigmak
If you can get parts to me cheaper than the rip off stores in Aus charge to import parts then i'd buy. Also if you wanto give me a job i'd buy everything from you ;P haha
International orders are very tough for those reasons. First its going to be exspensive because of the duties and import taxes. Second when you buy a bunch of different parts like cages 12 bars and handbrakes, it is hard to have all those parts in stock for several different bikes. This causes shipping delays, everyone wants there parts ASAP but do not want to pay for the extra shipping to ship orders seperatly. I am going to try very hard to fix any and all of the problems that have occured with international orders in the past.

Thanks,
Tice
Old 08-06-2008, 01:33 AM

Do you have any 05/06 636 parts with you ?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

Originally Posted by T-Ice
One of the biggest problems with stocking everything is expense. It is really hard for a shop to have $5000 dollars worth of cages on hand, plus it would cause an increase in price for shipping. That is why when i was at HAI we drop shipped cages, it saved you the consumer about 20 dollars per order. I know that there are other shops out there in other industries that are able to do this, but i was able to see first hand why it would be very expensive for a shop in the stunt community to do this. The industry still isn't as big as we all think it is, myself included. It will be my goal to work closer with the stunt product manufactors to try and get parts cheaper and more efficiantly to the consumer!

This is all great critiscism and I look forward to reading more!

Thanks,
Tice
You dont have to stock everything, just the small things that stop people from riding. Odds are if people are in need of a cage they didnt just break one at the stunt spot and can wait a few days for it, but when you break brackets, pegs, and other small **** your bike is down for days over some dumb ****. How about stocking at least 1 clutch cable for all major bikes. Nobody around Atlanta stocks a 636 stock clutch cable, only dirt bike cables.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

I also think if you are to survive in this business you will need a service department. Retail alone will suffer in the slower months. Perform oil changes, spark plugs, tune ups, installs, etc.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:40 AM

YoungBuck is a decent person

Ive been following this thread. You say its expensive to stock parts plus its extra for stocked parts. Why not have the option to have both stock and non stocked items. If a user is in no rush to get a hand break or cage they can get the non stocked to save a few bucks but if a stunter is in a emergency and needs a part quick they choose the stocked part with the added couple bucks. Just me shitty