balancing left to right on wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:55 AM

chulok371 is a decent person
balancing left to right on wheelie

so i went to an empty parking lot yesterday and i did some second gear sit down wheelies but now the only thing is how do i come across like balancing left and right. cuz with my 4wheeler i take a little air out the tire and bounce to move left or right
Old 08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough
Re: balancing left to right on wheelie

use your body
Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

be smooth on the throttle
Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 PM

chulok371 is a decent person

this was a smooth wheelie it was like for almost 2 blocks and not a lot of throttle bounce it was real smooth and i could have kept going but i wanted to lean i tried to lean a little bit but it gave me a little shake so i took it right back down
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chulok371
this was a smooth wheelie it was like for almost 2 blocks and not a lot of throttle bounce it was real smooth and i could have kept going but i wanted to lean i tried to lean a little bit but it gave me a little shake so i took it right back down
just keep practicing. To steer you gotta get it baaaaack, then place pressure on your feet n arms in the direction you want to go. Its not instant so dont expect it to be. If your not bringing it baaack back, you can drift/lean it towards the direction you want to go. The higher you are, the easier it is to steer.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 PM

bornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the rough

Edit: Ok I Read His Post Wrong

Last edited by bornreadybc; 08-05-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:10 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 287ridah
just keep practicing. To steer you gotta get it baaaaack, then place pressure on your feet n arms in the direction you want to go. Its not instant so dont expect it to be. If your not bringing it baaack back, you can drift/lean it towards the direction you want to go. The higher you are, the easier it is to steer.
+1

Sometimes I'll lean way off my bike and not turn at all, soon as I dip it back a lil bit, it just starts cutting turns
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

Must be a big parking lot if you got 2 blocks out of one wheelie. Use first gear and be smooth on the throttle and brake. Better off not even to use the throttle, just turn up the idle. Run low tire pressure if you are learning. 12-15psi. If you don't have slow staggered wheelies down don't even attempt to keep a sit down straight. I don't know about everyone else but sit downs are harder to keep straight than standups. You body language just doesn't make as big a difference on sit downs for me.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:31 AM

MR2turbo4evr is a decent person

**** I've been trying to improve my side to side balance for the last couple days and its frustrating as hell.

I thought i was doing pretty good on my TTR, as I can pull first gear sitdown wheelies, spreaders, etc for as long as I want to as long as I have enough room.....but I've been practicing 3rd gear sitdowns on this grass airstrip and though I can clear the whole airstrip on a good run, I'm weaving back and forth like a freakin drunk. I know I'm not very smooth with the throttle, but **** I've been pulling bp sitdowns for a year now and still can't pull straight wheelies once the front tire stops spinning....
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

just prac the end!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

the most u can do is just practice. learn to compensate by shifting ur weight.