is this proper way to do f4i clean air mod??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: is this proper way to do f4i clean air mod??????

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
+1 if you already got the Tee it litterly takes 30 seconds

I just gutted the stock one,I like my **** to look factory
Sleeper style.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by cjoec01
Can't make it much simpler.
Kleen air mod for dummies.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:26 AM

SmokechecK is a decent person

Much easier.....

Just needed that last bit of clarification. Was thrown off, because on mine.... #4 is in the very front of the airbox, not on the left. Cool.... I can knock this out now.

Buz
Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I just took the #4 hose out the air box and hooked it up to a little air breather (like what you would use as a valve cover breather for an older car) I left everything else alone. I thought that accomplishes the same thing of preventing oil from getting sucked though and hydro locking the engine. Am I wrong? From all the posts, it seems like I need to the other steps described.
Does anyone know the answer to this? Also, by doing what is described in this Thread your pretty much just closing off the valve cover breathers by connecting the 3 hoses together. You might as well just seal off the holes in the cover and not even bother with the hoses. Which means, you no longer have a crank case breather which seems essential.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Retired

Does anyone know the answer to this? Also, by doing what is described in this Thread your pretty much just closing off the valve cover breathers by connecting the 3 hoses together. You might as well just seal off the holes in the cover and not even bother with the hoses. Which means, you no longer have a crank case breather which seems essential.
When you hook up the hose to the exhaust instead of a breather it pulls a vaccum and creates negative pressure in the crankcase. Pluss a t-valve is way cheaper and it burns the oil that spills out of the engine when the bike flips over in the exhaust instead of dumping it all over the outside of the engine.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
When you hook up the hose to the exhaust instead of a breather it pulls a vaccum and creates negative pressure in the crankcase. Pluss a t-valve is way cheaper and it burns the oil that spills out of the engine when the bike flips over in the exhaust instead of dumping it all over the outside of the engine.
From what is being described in this Thread, you are hooking up the #1 & #2 hose (from the valve cover) to the #4 hose (from the valve cover). There is no hose being hooked up to the exhaust, so I'm a little confused.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Retired

From what is being described in this Thread, you are hooking up the #1 & #2 hose (from the valve cover) to the #4 hose (from the valve cover). There is no hose being hooked up to the exhaust, so I'm a little confused.
#1 and 2 go through a 1 way valve and out the exhaust.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM

#1 and 2 go through a 1 way valve and out the exhaust.
I appreciate you trying to explain this to me, but now I am really confused. What you are saying is not what is being described in the pic. Does anyone else have any incite to my question or understand what Niner is saying. It don't make sense; there is no hose being hooked up to the exhaust.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Retired

I appreciate you trying to explain this to me, but now I am really confused. What you are saying is not what is being described in the pic. Does anyone else have any incite to my question or understand what Niner is saying. It don't make sense; there is no hose being hooked up to the exhaust.
There are passages inside the head. It loosk like it goes into the head, but it really just goes out the exhaust. It makes sense the first time you tip your bike over with the mod and it mosquito fogs the entire lot from all the oil buring off in the exhaust.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:33 PM

tracetidwell is a decent person

I am so lost on this mod.. I posted up 4 pics of the 4 hoses but they look different on my 919.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...b-d684f18cf829
The pics are there
Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Stuntin73 is a decent person

i did the clean air mod to my bike today!! it was so easy and only took me like 20 min. picked up the T fitting from the autoparts store, hooked up the hoses and sealed off the holes with JB Weld stick. and just as the picture said "bam" it was done thanks for posting up that picture it made it so easy to do
Old 01-25-2009, 09:41 PM

jcarr242 is an unknown quantity at this point

Prob a dumb question, but are there any other bikes that would benefit from this kind of mod?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:04 PM

tracetidwell is a decent person

I just did it to my 919 I would think anything with air injection would.

Last edited by tracetidwell; 01-25-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 PM

Steveowit3os is a decent person

So all I do is what the pic says and close any holes that are still open? Is it the same mod on the 954 as the f4i?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:53 PM

Steveowit3os is a decent person

So all I do is what the pic says and close any holes that are still open? Is it the same mod on the 954 as the f4i?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: is this proper way to do f4i clean air mod??????

Kleen air mod for dummies.

Originally Posted by jcarr242
Prob a dumb question, but are there any other bikes that would benefit from this kind of mod?
yes 600rr's fosho
Old 01-27-2009, 03:56 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person

hey, i've seen on here 3/8" and 1/2- do either fittings work fine? just dont feel like having to run back to the store....
Old 01-27-2009, 06:07 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

the t valve is just used to plugs the lines correct??? so i can pretty much use anything i want then not necisarely a t valve??
Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

bump anyone???
Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 PM

??????????????????????????????????????????????? i know someone knows an answer to this i wanna do this mod...

Quick Reply: is this proper way to do f4i clean air mod??????