Stunting at X-games?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:04 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person
Re: Stunting at X-games?

this is all just a fad. In a couple years everyone on this forum will move onto something else.

jk.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:08 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ryan S
if i only had a buck for how many time's i've heard this question....i'd be rich

fact of the matter is this....i still think and believe our sport will some day make it to the x-games.....but when that day comes, how are they gonna dictate WHO gets to compete and who goes home? there will be litterally 300 riders showing up wanting to qualify, they will have to do a pre qual for the entire week before hand!!!
They pre-qual all the events weeks before anyways. I've been watching x-games since the first year they did it. What pisses me off about ESPN and the x-games is they used to have coverage of all qualifying and every run during the competition. Now they just show the ones that have conflict of interest like defending champion run and the don't even make it to finals. They spend so much time telling a story of the competitors (that anyone that picked up a magazine would know anyway) trying to dramatize the event and little time covering the actual event and runs. I used to get all pumped when it was x-games season it used to be a whole week of competitions now it's just 3 or 4 days. If it's on I watch it but it's not the same.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:32 PM

mikkee is a decent person

I think all of you who say it won't go because it's boring to watch are WRONG!

There are those who love to watch it who arn't directly involved and don't think it's boring.... As the sport continues to grow, tricks and runs get more unbelievable, the number of those type of fans are also going to continue to grow..... Along with those who root for individual riders they like the most, while trying to see their favortie riders battle it out comp to comp in a series like is being done at XDL right now.. :YEAH

For those who think everyone thinks it's boring you definitely havn't been to enough shows and comps around the country then.... For example I myself think freestyle motocross is boring to watch... Some people can watch baseball on TV all day, some like me unless it's dn to the wire and getting blasted over the monster cant stand it, like me.. haha Point is in every sport some people think it's boring and some are really into it... Our sport just isn't out there to the general public as big as it needs to be, to get the fans that can nerd out on this **** all day in larger numbers, to where it can have some pull in X Games..
Old 08-01-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee

There are those who love to watch it who arn't directly involved and don't think it's boring.... As the sport continues to grow, tricks and runs get more unbelievable, the number of those type of fans are also going to continue to grow..... Along with those who root for individual riders they like the most, while trying to see their favortie riders battle it out comp to comp in a series like is being done at XDL right now.. :YEAH

For those who think everyone thinks it's boring you definitely havn't been to enough shows and comps around the country then.... For example I myself think freestyle motocross is boring to watch... Some people can watch baseball on TV all day, some like me unless it's dn to the wire and getting blasted over the monster cant stand it, like me.. haha Point is in every sport some people think it's boring and some are really into it... Our sport just isn't out there to the general public as big as it needs to be, to get the fans that can nerd out on this **** all day in larger numbers, to where it can have some pull in X Games..

True, most everyday people think it's absolutely amazing what we do ( they would prob. think jumping 80ft gaps is redic. too). But there are alot of people who have no idea how hard it is to do what we are doing...and get extremely bored of watching slow speed wheelies...now matter how fast the person is jumping around on the bike. I learned that from taking girls to the stunt spot, they are amazed for the first min. an then it get's boring for them. But it's because they dont understand how hard it really is.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:41 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

yes some ppl this some ppl that.....the point is the majority. the majority of americans could give a **** less about us twirling around on our bikes, yess there are a good number that think its great. but what sells is OBVIOUS danger. what we do does not look dangerous enough to be added to a venue that already has plenty of fans and money. what could stuntriding add to the x games? thats the question that the big ups would ask, and the answer is nothing.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:49 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
yes some ppl this some ppl that.....the point is the majority. the majority of americans could give a **** less about us twirling around on our bikes, yess there are a good number that think its great. but what sells is OBVIOUS danger. what we do does not look dangerous enough to be added to a venue that already has plenty of fans and money. what could stuntriding add to the x games? thats the question that the big ups would ask, and the answer is nothing.
I think it's likely we might see you guys doing an exhibition at the X games though, as Scott or Ryan said. Stunting is new to the mainstream, it's like you guys just popped up yesterday. it has a bad boy hard core image and is dangerous. the MCs know how to milk that.

As for repetition, all sports have that. speed is exciting, flashy colors. the crowd is like a baby, you have to shake something colorful and noisy right in front of it's face or it gets bored.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by FreezeSBFreaks
True, most everyday people think it's absolutely amazing what we do ( they would prob. think jumping 80ft gaps is redic. too). But there are alot of people who have no idea how hard it is to do what we are doing...and get extremely bored of watching slow speed wheelies...now matter how fast the person is jumping around on the bike. I learned that from taking girls to the stunt spot, they are amazed for the first min. an then it get's boring for them. But it's because they dont understand how hard it really is.
That's because when the girls come to the spot for some reason all the guys do the **** they got on lock to impress them. If they were out there doing hard ****, and wadding there 2wheel asphalt killas like there suppose to.. Like Edub, Apex and others have been doing pushing there bikes to there limits of eating it hard I bet they'd pay more attention wouldn't they...
Old 08-01-2008, 01:51 PM

fmx is just 2 awesome. I wanna pick up a dirt bike an learn out to jump.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 PM

That's because when the girls come to the spot for some reason all the guys do the **** they got on lock to impress them. If they were out there doing hard ****, and wadding there 2wheel asphalt killas like there suppose to.. Like Edub, Apex and others have been doing pushing there bikes to there limits of eating it hard I bet they'd pay more attention wouldn't they...

good point # 2
Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Obvious danger... Have you personally seen, or rode with lets say Teach, Apex, or Edub as of lately?

were lucky if we reached 5% of americans at this point who know enough about the sport for them to like it enough to be pumped to see their favorite riders and watch them on tv... When that number is more like 30% that would add numbers and ratings to x games... Are those numbers large enough to add right now probably not. But this **** is growing and growing fast!! I don't think you have been around the sport as much as I have to really see how much it has grown in the last 2 years, and to think where we it'll be 2 years from now..
Old 08-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Obvious danger... Have you personally seen, or rode with lets say Teach, Apex, or Edub as of lately?

were lucky if we reached 5% of americans at this point who know enough about the sport for them to like it enough to be pumped to see their favorite riders and watch them on tv... When that number is more like 30% that would add numbers and ratings to x games... Are those numbers large enough to add right now probably not. But this **** is growing and growing fast!! I don't think you have been around the sport as much as I have to really see how much it has grown in the last 2 years, and to think where we it'll be 2 years from now..

I'm only 19 haven't been in the sport very long either but I can def. see how it is blowing up mainstream. Street bikes in general.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:20 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i know the **** is dangerous...cuz i do it. jumping around a bike going in circles even if theyre high speed wide ones doesnt compart to elevating your body off the ground 40 ft.....im not speaking for what i think, its what the fans think. ive been around the "sport" long enough to know that everyone has been preaching of the day that it will make it big like the 2nd comming of jesus. it aint happening. will it get bigger? definately! but never fmx or skateboard maintstream levels. not even close. and im thankful for that haha, sorry for all you guys that are trying to get paid.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:31 PM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think certain parts of stunting can make it into the x games. I just don't think you will ever see a comp. like format in it. Like it was said before the people that don't know about the sport all just think its the same trick and it gets boring to them. However, with people killing stoppies now I definitely think you could see longest stoppie in the games with the distances being rolled now and the huge chance of a nasty wreck. A lot of times people watch stunting in hopes that were gonna wreck as phucked up as that is. Any one else think of other aspects that could get in? Maybe a last man standing or most circles in a minute?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sikgixxer750
I think certain parts of stunting can make it into the x games. I just don't think you will ever see a comp. like format in it. Like it was said before the people that don't know about the sport all just think its the same trick and it gets boring to them. However, with people killing stoppies now I definitely think you could see longest stoppie in the games with the distances being rolled now and the huge chance of a nasty wreck. A lot of times people watch stunting in hopes that were gonna wreck as phucked up as that is. Any one else think of other aspects that could get in? Maybe a last man standing or most circles in a minute?
i dont see them putting in a single event like stoppies (although the most crowd pleasing) cuz theres just not enough to it. same reason youre not gonna see drag racing in the x games.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:33 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

longest endo def.sickest rick or fastest wheelie
Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 PM

i know the **** is dangerous...cuz i do it. jumping around a bike going in circles even if theyre high speed wide ones doesnt compart to elevating your body off the ground 40 ft.....im not speaking for what i think, its what the fans think. ive been around the "sport" long enough to know that everyone has been preaching of the day that it will make it big like the 2nd comming of jesus. it aint happening. will it get bigger? definately! but never fmx or skateboard maintstream levels. not even close. and im thankful for that haha, sorry for all you guys that are trying to get paid.
okie dokie... :YEAH
Old 08-01-2008, 02:47 PM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see what your saying about just the one even. But if you could get a circuit of like 3 events where the crash probability was high or the riding was just straight sick I think its a possibility. For example longest stoppie, sickest trick, and one other good event with the same group of riders competing in each.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

very few can get paid, and its still not enough
Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 PM

audiences def. don't wanna see people pulling off clean technical tricks. They want nasty high speed stoppie wrecks. Plastics shattering, people tumbling. Loud nasty burnouts.

Honestly the sickest thing I ever been to was our own SBFREAKs stunt show/ AMA races, 2007. The stunt show was right in the middle of the AMA guys tearing **** up on the track, the smell of high octane fuel was everywhere. The AMA grandstands were packed, and the show had there own set of stands.

AMA guys scraping knee's and burning wrecks around you, and right in the middle was 10 guys doing rolling burnouts and circle burnouts, smoking the hell outta there tires, engines screaming. It was too sick.

Last edited by FreezeSBFreaks; 08-01-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 PM

tjhammack is a decent person

honestly i wouldnt want to see it on there...........for the fact of then all the more people would be trying to do **** and bring even more attention to bikes

Quick Reply: Stunting at X-games?