Stunting at X-games?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:56 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Re: Stunting at X-games?

x games would b the ultimate.... that said, x games officials have undoubtedly heard of stuntriding, but perhaps they think stunting wont produce the crowd sizes like fmx or vert skate.which is true, sttunting hasnt really broght in hhuge crowds. i mean in reallity, how long can someone watch wheelies? to the average viewer, not long. thats the issue. our sport will, like skateboarding has, die off a bit.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by big ben
x games would b the ultimate.... that said, x games officials have undoubtedly heard of stuntriding, but perhaps they think stunting wont produce the crowd sizes like fmx or vert skate.which is true, sttunting hasnt really broght in hhuge crowds. i mean in reallity, how long can someone watch wheelies? to the average viewer, not long. thats the issue. our sport will, like skateboarding has, die off a bit.
Are you kidding??? Skateboarding is one of the fastest growing most profitable sport. Each month 50,000 skateboards and 100,000 wheels are manufactured, one in ten teenagers own a skateboard. Skateboarding is the third largest sport in the country. The participation in the sport has grown 106% in the last ten years. It's a three billion dollar a year industry. The x-games is all about money and nothing sells better then screaming kids asking their parents for a skateboard they saw on the x-games.
I don't necessarily think this sport is going to die out it will just probably never get the recognition it deserves.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

Originally Posted by djtomd
Are you kidding??? Skateboarding is one of the fastest growing most profitable sport. Each month 50,000 skateboards and 100,000 wheels are manufactured, one in ten teenagers own a skateboard. Skateboarding is the third largest sport in the country. The participation in the sport has grown 106% in the last ten years. It's a three billion dollar a year industry. The x-games is all about money and nothing sells better then screaming kids asking their parents for a skateboard they saw on the x-games.
I don't necessarily think this sport is going to die out it will just probably never get the recognition it deserves.
actually lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the world. skateboarding is still big, but it decreased by 23%
Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 AM

FU Boyz is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
were ballerinas on motorcycles....theres nothing extreme about stunt riding, well except that its extremely expensive and extremely boring to watch when put in the same forum as dudes doing double back flips over 80 foot gaps....flatland bicycles didnt survive at x games and neither will stunt riding. x games is NOT the symbol of make or break for stunting. xdl is moving forward just fine. **** the x games.

Yup this dude covered it right to the dot............Enough said quit reading this forum and go ride.......Kill the streets one bike at a time..........:YEAH
Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 AM

f4i_guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
were ballerinas on motorcycles....theres nothing extreme about stunt riding, well except that its extremely expensive and extremely boring to watch when put in the same forum as dudes doing double back flips over 80 foot gaps....flatland bicycles didnt survive at x games and neither will stunt riding. x games is NOT the symbol of make or break for stunting. xdl is moving forward just fine. **** the x games.
Nicely said.......XDL is just the start of the revolution:YEAH
Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

So far i see bull riding, mixed martial arts, and paintball as the fastest growing sports according to google and ask.com. I never said skateboarding was the fastest growing sport just one of them. Skateboardings come a long way in the past 10 or 15 years it is by no means decreasing in popularity. I mean look at the even they had last night. They didn't have that **** 10 or even 5 years ago skateboarding continues to grow because it keeps progressing and reaching new boundaries. And there is lots of money in selling skateboard decks and apparel look at Rob and Big.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:48 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by djtomd

+1 and one in every 3 stunters own there motorcycle
Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM

Savvgawd is a decent person

Isnt that one of the good aspects of stunting? Being largely underground? Keep it on the streets, or keep it in the stunt community with comps made by stunters, XDL!!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Savvgawd
Isnt that one of the good aspects of stunting? Being largely underground? Keep it on the streets, or keep it in the stunt community with comps made by stunters, XDL!!
for one portion of riders....then theres the other portion that want to make as much money as they possibly can off of their talent and the way to do that is to shove it down the throats of every person with a dollar to spend, the american way i personally prefer to be broke then to make riding a "job"
Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM

D-buck D.F.L is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah even if it made it, it wouldnt survive, what we do is cool but, well, i showed regular people who havnt seen allot of variation wheelies in the fallout video, they were siked for like 5 minutes, like wow ths is nutz, thats ballzy, but than i got the same comment i always get, looks like everyones doing the same thing, thats like the same 5 tricks, blablablablabla, it wouldnt last, and i liked watching flatland bikes, that was nuts
Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I always thought it would be cool to see stunting in the X Games, but a few of the OGs said it won't happen, and their points usually prove out.

Competitive style stunting is too technical, too slow, and too repetitive to be as exciting for the crowds. show riding is more exciting.

I think the most fun competitive stunting the X Games could feature would be a last man standing competition, individual freestyle, and a team event. Longest stoppie is always a nail biter too.

I don't think they'll do it. especially not last man standing, probably not any of it. in 03 or 04 I SWORE stunting would be in the X games by 09. I believed it too.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Trigger636
I was just watchin some of the crazy **** these guys pull off, and then wondering about stunting getting bigger with more shows and events. Is there any possibly an stunt X-games event in the years to come?

**** they put rally dirt racing in there, why not a stunt comp?
ummm 2003 called they want there question back!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

The more stunting gains popularity, the more you hear about dumb laws that make wheelies a $1,000 fineable, licence revocable offence and **** like that. The more it catches on, the harder it is to find decent spots that don't get blown up with idiots.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

The more stunting gains popularity, the more you hear about dumb laws that make wheelies a $1,000 fineable, licence revocable offence and **** like that. The more it catches on, the harder it is to find decent spots that don't get blown up with idiots.

It may make the x-games as an exibition in a couple of
Old 08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Retired

It may make the x-games as an exibition in a couple of years though.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:24 PM

CARNAHKT is an unknown quantity at this point

I think stunting is boring to watch now but when I first started I thought it was awesome that is why I got into it. Longest stoppie is probably the most exciting event in stunting, and I think that xdl definitally needs to try to get it into some of there events. I was at nashville and I was real dissapointed in the crowd size I dont think most of the import guys cared about stunting at all, even the fmx guys didnt draw much of a crowd. I think stunting would fit in a lot better at a xtreme sports event such as xgames.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:27 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

In case anybody missed what Niner said:

Originally Posted by NINER

It may make the x-games as an exibition in a couple of years though.

Last edited by inolen; 08-01-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

stunting would have made it in x games if the we were ridng at the level we are now ten years ago
Old 08-01-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
stunting would have made it in x games if the we were ridng at the level we are now ten years ago
You're probably right if the sport was where it is now it would have been in the x-games. Especially when ESPN was just desperate for anything "extreme" like down hill street luge how lame was that to watch.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

if i only had a buck for how many time's i've heard this question....i'd be rich

fact of the matter is this....i still think and believe our sport will some day make it to the x-games.....but when that day comes, how are they gonna dictate WHO gets to compete and who goes home? there will be litterally 300 riders showing up wanting to qualify, they will have to do a pre qual for the entire week before hand!!!

Quick Reply: Stunting at X-games?