f4i hot?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:05 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person
f4i hot?

doing loooong 1st gear(11k rpm-ish) wheelies next to the beach last night. (without stopping..no red lights)

60 degree weather

bike was 233 the whole time.

normal?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: f4i hot?

Anything over the 220 mark is kinda high imo
Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

maybe add radiator fluid or change it..
Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

11k rpm in 1st on 1 wheel? 233 is normal

Don't have to "WORRY" tell 240+

Fan doesn't even come on tell 227 or 230, and usually by the time it begins to cool the bike (if your running it hard) the temps rises to 233-235

Mine always stays right around 230 when I'm doing high rpm 1st gear wheelies forever
But if I'm just stunting the lot, doing circles, riding idle, with the fan on, it stays around 205-215
Old 08-02-2008, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
11k rpm in 1st on 1 wheel? 233 is normal

Don't have to "WORRY" tell 240+

Fan doesn't even come on tell 227 or 230, and usually by the time it begins to cool the bike (if your running it hard) the temps rises to 233-235

Mine always stays right around 230 when I'm doing high rpm 1st gear wheelies forever
But if I'm just stunting the lot, doing circles, riding idle, with the fan on, it stays around 205-215
sweet.

hit 241 today, but it was 90+ weather at a red light.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 AM

Big Float is a decent person

have you bleed/burped your radiator, air pockets in the rad. can make a bike heat up abnormally fast
Old 08-03-2008, 01:14 AM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I'm in the lot or doing long wheelies my fan is constantly kicking on cooling the bike a little and kicking back on. Staying around the 220-225 mark like towlie said. 241 is getting a little hot. definitely wouldn't recommend letting it run that long at that temp. Some people have the fan wired on constantly but I heard the motor is so small that all the use blows the motor. Also just flush your rad and throw some engine ice in it.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:02 AM

to bleed it:

i just opened the radiator cap and turned the bike on for 20 seconds, it will full. didn't shoot up any air pockets.

where do i get engine ice and how much of it do i put it in?
Old 08-03-2008, 03:21 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
to bleed it:

i just opened the radiator cap and turned the bike on for 20 seconds, it will full. didn't shoot up any air pockets.

where do i get engine ice and how much of it do i put it in?
try opening the radiator cap and letting the bike idle for liek 5min, tell it gets to full temp (170-180f)

I dunno if its necessary, but its what I did to mine
Old 08-03-2008, 05:31 AM

try opening the radiator cap and letting the bike idle for liek 5min, tell it gets to full temp (170-180f)

I dunno if its necessary, but its what I did to mine
tried that except i let it go to 220. coolant started coming out the top, not air.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

you know I never did burp mine and I noticed after the first ride all of the sudden my overflow was fullish and so was the radiator. I was trying to think how the fluid couldv'e grown in volume cuz the overflow started out empty and the radiator was busted so it was a new used one I installed. bike was void of any coolant....

wired my fan so that it runs constant too. Did'nt know that the fan motor will blow like that .... Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:46 AM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

Engine Ice Works Great As Long As You Flush Your Radiator Fluid Out.do Not Mix Water In It It Is Alwready Mixed.my **** Runs About 10-20 Degrees Cooler After Change`n Mine.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:06 AM

Nellie636 is a decent person

also helps to gut your thermostat, street or lot doesnt matter 210 all day on mine. and i only run water... (crash too often)
Old 08-03-2008, 11:21 AM

JohnForLife will become famous soon enoughJohnForLife will become famous soon enough

use a higher gear. less rpm go easier on the bike
Old 08-03-2008, 11:51 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

thats fine!!........... my fans don't kick on till 220
Old 08-03-2008, 12:03 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

what r u doing 1 gear at 11k for? your asking to pop the motor,especially doing distance.anytime i'm out of the lot and going for any kind of distance i'm usually in 3rd. but it's your bike and i'm sure you have your reasons.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:36 PM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

wire your fan to run all the time.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
wire your fan to run all the time.
except add a switch

Some people run them all the time, but I prefer a switch, just so on the freeway, or when your bike is warming up, you can let the battery get charged

then once your in the lot and over 200f, keep her on :YEAH

(I'm always the guy running up to everyones bike and shuting there key off when they have it sitting with the lights on) I'm a good boy to my charging system
Old 08-04-2008, 12:56 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

....don't ya wish your F4 was hot like me?

don'tchyaaaaaaahhh?!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
you know I never did burp mine and I noticed after the first ride all of the sudden my overflow was fullish and so was the radiator. I was trying to think how the fluid couldv'e grown in volume cuz the overflow started out empty and the radiator was busted so it was a new used one I installed. bike was void of any coolant....

wired my fan so that it runs constant too. Did'nt know that the fan motor will blow like that .... Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Wire it so the "on" position of the fan keeps it on all the time, and "off" makes it work like stock.
Originally Posted by Nellie636
also helps to gut your thermostat, street or lot doesnt matter 210 all day on mine. and i only run water... (crash too often)
Don't gut your thermostat. And don't run straight water. If it freezes (if you don't live in cali) you will crack your block. Also coolant has lubricat properties for the water pump and it also keeps the **** from corroding.
except add a switch

Some people run them all the time, but I prefer a switch, just so on the freeway, or when your bike is warming up, you can let the battery get charged

then once your in the lot and over 200f, keep her on :YEAH

(I'm always the guy running up to everyones bike and shuting there key off when they have it sitting with the lights on) I'm a good boy to my charging system
I turn my fan on right when I get to the spot. I found once it starts getting hot the fan can't always keep up.

Quick Reply: f4i hot?