f4i hot?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
Re: f4i hot?

Originally Posted by NINER
Wire it so the "on" position of the fan keeps it on all the time, and "off" makes it work like stock.
i do have my fan wired....like that ^^

for the first time ever, my bike hit 254!!!!!!!!

it was 230 riding (with the fan on), turned off the bike, was chillin on the sidewal for maybe a minutes, got back on, as soon as i turn on the ignition i see 254 and the gauges blinking/flashing so i turned it on and got some speed, quickly came back down to 230.

i'm looking forward to engine iceeee.:YEAHdo i replace the coolant with engine ice? also, how do i "flush" the old coolant?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:40 AM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ you gotta flush the whole system...the put the engine ice in...on prob is that you cant mix it with anything else...

to drain,,look down on the left side of yer bike,youll see the water pump..its silver,down from the front sprocket cover...theres a bolt with a arrow in front of it...turn that open...with yer rad cap off...that **** comes out pretty quick...then once no more comes out..close the bolt....and filler up...and once you start to fill it up,let it sit for a couple min to let it set then turn bike on with cap still off...blip the throttle a couple of times to get out any air that will be trapped (youll see the bubbles ) turn off bike,then fill to the top again,turn bike on run for a sec or 2 blip again,,turn off fill if needed,cap on ride the night away......
im sure theres a easier way to do it...thats how i did it..and seem to work fine...i followed the manual some what..
Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

what about that water wetter **** or whatever it's called....
Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by havok
^^ you gotta flush the whole system...the put the engine ice in...on prob is that you cant mix it with anything else...

to drain,,look down on the left side of yer bike,youll see the water pump..its silver,down from the front sprocket cover...theres a bolt with a arrow in front of it...turn that open...with yer rad cap off...that **** comes out pretty quick...then once no more comes out..close the bolt....and filler up...and once you start to fill it up,let it sit for a couple min to let it set then turn bike on with cap still off...blip the throttle a couple of times to get out any air that will be trapped (youll see the bubbles ) turn off bike,then fill to the top again,turn bike on run for a sec or 2 blip again,,turn off fill if needed,cap on ride the night away......
im sure theres a easier way to do it...thats how i did it..and seem to work fine...i followed the manual some what..
I'd rinse out the system with a garden hose as well, but that's just me and I tend to over do things.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
i do have my fan wired....like that ^^

for the first time ever, my bike hit 254!!!!!!!!

it was 230 riding (with the fan on), turned off the bike, was chillin on the sidewal for maybe a minutes, got back on, as soon as i turn on the ignition i see 254 and the gauges blinking/flashing so i turned it on and got some speed, quickly came back down to 230.

i'm looking forward to engine iceeee.:YEAHdo i replace the coolant with engine ice? also, how do i "flush" the old coolant?
Ever get the f4i so hot that it stops registering a number and just flashes "Hi"? Long revlimiter burnouts on a 95 degree day will do that.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Big Float is a decent person

+1, sounds like air pockets in radiator, did this just start? If you have you replace coolant recently, I would bet on air pockets.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:39 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

sweet, i'kk try that.

...off to buy some engine ice...and yes its 240am.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:02 AM
zippy tie rider

GSXRROCKER is a decent person

Originally Posted by Sikgixxer750
Also just flush your rad and throw some engine ice in it.
+1... ***** awesome... expensive, but so worth it... my bike never goes over 224
Old 08-08-2008, 06:18 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

my old 600rr used to run real hot, at the spot it was always at around 245 most of the time, fan going mental, when i was doing a show once, i was doing heaps of burnouts at the end, very hot day and the bike got up to 286 (no joke) then a bit of the radiator blew, made a nice little hole in the middle of the radiator.

I think all the RR's run alot hotter than the F4easyz tho, but still, shows how hot they can get before **** goes pop.

*edit: used to have pics of the raditor and my bike on the side of the track after it had blown but cant find it as Vista loves to ruin everything

Last edited by Kevmo7; 08-08-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: vista hates me