Arlight, Who dun it? Crookeville TN

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arlight, Who dun it? Crookeville TN

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. - Cookeville police said they arrested a man after observing him doing a 400-yard wheelie on his motorcycle. The man, 29, was charged with reckless driving.

Officers said the man had done similar driving in the past.
Police quoted him as saying he makes videos for the Internet and had crashed several times.

___
Information from: Cookeville Herald-Citizen, http://www.herald-citizen.com/

Somehow he managed to make it to the Yahoo! Odd News page

Last edited by LRMzx636; 07-20-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:04 AM

ewalR1 is a decent person
Re: Arlight, Who dun it? Crookeville TN

I Dont See Nothing!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

http://www.herald-citizen.com/index....22BA28EB2F5155

Herald-Citizen Staff
Thursday, Jul 17, 2008
COOKEVILLE -- Doing wheelies on a motorcycle on S. Jefferson Ave. got a Sparta man arrested Tuesday, police said.

Andrew Stricklen, 29, of Janice Drive, Sparta, was charged with reckless driving in the incident, according to a report by Cookeville Police Officer Cary Matheney.

Officer Matheney said he was on his way to work that day about 1 p.m., driving his personal vehicle when he saw Andrew Stricklen "on his 1997 silver Kawasaki motorcycle ride a wheelie from the hill at the water treatment facility on S. Jefferson Ave. to the area of 1846 S. Jefferson."

A warrant the officer later took alleges that the cycle's front tire was off the ground for roughly 400 yards.

"There was steady traffic in both directions of travel," Officer Matheney's report says.

"After Mr. Stricklen set the bike back down, a state trooper passed by and Mr. Stricklen rode with his head turned observing the actions of the trooper."

Allegedly, when Stricklen approached double lanes of traffic, he "began to dart from lane to lane with little or no regard to other motorists," the officer wrote in his report.

Because he was in his personal vehicle, the officer could not initiate a traffic stop, but as soon as he checked in at the police station, he went to the court clerk's office and took out a warrant against Stricklen.

He said he recognized Stricklen from a previous similar incident in which he had cited him for a traffic offense.

"He told me at that time that he makes Youtube videos and that he had crashed several times before," the officer noted in the report.

On Tuesday, Stricklen was booked at the Putnam jail on the reckless driving charge.

His bond was set at $2,500, and he is to appear in General Sessions Court July 18.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:09 AM

ewalR1 is a decent person

Now Thats Some Bullshit. How Does An Officer Just Get A Warrant For A Person They Think Was On A Bike. How Many Silver Kawis Have You Seen In Your Life?
Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

Originally Posted by ewalR1
Now Thats Some Bullshit. How Does An Officer Just Get A Warrant For A Person They Think Was On A Bike. How Many Silver Kawis Have You Seen In Your Life?
When you live in a city named CROOKESVILLE you stand no chance...

Still BS that he can obtain a warrant for a traffic violation with no viable proof other than saying he dun did it. Especially a WARRANT.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:14 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

FTP.........................
Old 07-20-2008, 03:21 AM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LRMzx636
When you live in a city named CROOKESVILLE you stand no chance...

Still BS that he can obtain a warrant for a traffic violation with no viable proof other than saying he dun did it. Especially a WARRANT.

yea that is some bullshit... FTP .... HWDP .... what does this tell you about the law and ppl in it.... its all corrupt, how did some tightass nuthugger pant wearing trooper get all that without visual proof? how big is this town... there must be another silver kawi in this shithole...and what if it was another person riding the same bike.... whatever... FTP ... HWDP
Old 07-20-2008, 04:16 AM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Arlight, Who dun it? Crookeville TN

visual proof was the officer witnessing it, and he most likely wrote the plate number down, or called it in to dispatch.

he goes before a JOTP, provides his account of what happened, and they issue a warrant if they feel probable cause has been met.

it's not really bullshit, considering if the same situation happened but an off duty cop saw a dude breaking into your ride, theif runs, but cop gets his plate number, files for a warrant, finds the dude and gets your **** back, you'd be all happy and ****. double standard, don't ya think?

the only ******* was the dude rockin a whoolie in daytime traffic knowing the risks of cops being around.

the only chance the dude has is if his lawyer plays up the possibilty that someone else was on the bike and creates reasonable doubt, but seeing as the 'suspect' has a past history of such driving, as well as publicly published videos of him breaking numerous laws, he's probably fucked.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:23 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

hwdp? hell wit da police?

"He said he recognized Stricklen from a previous similar incident in which he had cited him for a traffic offense"

maybe the guy wasn't wearing a helmet, or had noticable tattoos???

and it doesn't say anything about them impounding the bike, he'd be lucky there.

I was speaking to a LEO last week or so, and he said that if they can get a license plate number, they can go to the residence later and impound and arrest. I said, the same thing, "what if you lent someone the motorcycle and it wasn't you?" he said "doesn't matter, owner of vehicle is responsible for making sure anyone they let drive their vehicle will follow traffic laws." I told him it would never hold up in court. he said, but the bike would be impounded and fees are non refundable. Now that is some Effing Bull Sh*t! So then I asked him if I lent my car to someone that ran over a pedestrian, would I be charged with manslaughter? he said no, of course not, I said what's the effing difference? he had no response!

FTP!!!! FTGovt!!!! FTState!!!! FTTrafficLaws!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:34 AM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by y2kmk
visual proof was the officer witnessing it, and he most likely wrote the plate number down, or called it in to dispatch.

he goes before a JOTP, provides his account of what happened, and they issue a warrant if they feel probable cause has been met.

it's not really bullshit, considering if the same situation happened but an off duty cop saw a dude breaking into your ride, theif runs, but cop gets his plate number, files for a warrant, finds the dude and gets your **** back, you'd be all happy and ****. double standard, don't ya think?

the only ******* was the dude rockin a whoolie in daytime traffic knowing the risks of cops being around.

the only chance the dude has is if his lawyer plays up the possibilty that someone else was on the bike and creates reasonable doubt, but seeing as the 'suspect' has a past history of such driving, as well as publicly published videos of him breaking numerous laws, he's probably fucked.

Spoken like a true pig. Get over yourself. When that badge is off a cop should be nothing but a citizen like everyone else. When you are off duty, take a ******* break from the job. Did anyone get hurt? Nope. Do you think it will stop him from doing it again? Nope.
I think it's funny when cops do **** like that then I see them the next day turn on their lights and hit the horn just to go through a red light b/c the light is on at the local Krispy Kreme donut shop.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 AM

Dean646 is a decent person

Double post, delete?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:05 AM

Dean646 is a decent person

Originally Posted by melloyello
Spoken like a true pig. Get over yourself. When that badge is off a cop should be nothing but a citizen like everyone else. When you are off duty, take a ******* break from the job. Did anyone get hurt? Nope. Do you think it will stop him from doing it again? Nope.
I think it's funny when cops do **** like that then I see them the next day turn on their lights and hit the horn just to go through a red light b/c the light is on at the local Krispy Kreme donut shop.

+1 He most likely didn't get the plate number, just thinks that he recognizes the guy. That's what it sounds like anyway.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:58 PM

kntmare181 is an unknown quantity at this point

-----To all the cops that will read this! I hate you guys!

POLICE
Old 07-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by melloyello

ahahahaha you're so full of blind rage and hatred that you have no ******* idea what you're talking about.

ohhh boo hoo, you sound like cop. i wanna cry because i did something illegal and got caught. waaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah ************. you sound like a chick.

Last edited by y2kmk; 07-20-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:16 PM

kntmare181 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by y2kmk
ahahahaha you're so full of blind rage and hatred that you have no ******* idea what you're talking about.

ohhh boo hoo, you sound like cop. i wanna cry because i did something illegal and got caught. waaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah ************. you sound like a chick.

SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER PIG!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:35 PM

DJDRAMA is a decent person

Story time? I got arrested for FOLLOWING traffic laws!! Friday nights TemporaryInsanity krew rides all over NC. I decided to stop at a car wash and clean my bike up abit before going home. I finished and pulled out at a stoplight turning to head home. As i did, I heard a pack of bikes blasting down the road behind me. The next light was red so they all stopped in the lane next to me. The light turns green and they all haul *** into the night. There was a truck comin on fast behind me so i switched lanes to let him pass. I caught sight of some headlights darting thru traffic behind me. My instincts kicked in and i knew it was a cop. I stayed in the right hand lane and rode with traffic. The speed signs said 45, but traffic was rollin at nearly 55. The cop car got beside me and matched speeds with me. I didnt panick or anything cuz i did nothin wrong. Almost 3 miles down the road, i rounded a turn and theres four 2008 Cop Surburbans in a road block. An officer ran out in front of me with his GUN DRAWN!! he yells "Stop or i'll shoot you in the ******* face! STOP!". Of course i stopped, but he rips my key outta my ignition and throws it!! Its nearly 12 at night and there is no hwy lights. I take off my helmet and tell him to "go get my ****** key". He says get off the bike and push it to the side of the road. I repeated "Go get my key". I was pissed. I guess one cop out ranked him cuz he made the guy go find my key. He walks up and throws it on the ground by my bike. The 9 bikes that flew past me at the light were "observed" doin 110+ past a military base. They had blasted thru town and someone called the cops. Thus the road block. I tried to explain that im in the Marines and i wasnt riding with those guys. I told the cop to check the temp of my bike versus the others and look at the water still on my bike from the wash. The other riders even TOLD the cops they didnt know me and i wasnt ridin with them. Guess what, police dont give 2 ***** about people. "Protect and serve" but yet i get a gun in my face? All that bs and i still got arrested. I went to court and got it bargained down. But not before goin thru hell. If cops act like that, then who is gonna stop them from treatin everyone like ****? From then on, i ride with my helmet cam. I advise everyone to get one cuz it has saved my *** in court. Except for times i was doin **** wrong....Plus, its cheaper than courts fees, tickets, or bike impoundment. Believe!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:34 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DJDRAMA
Story time? I got arrested for FOLLOWING traffic laws!! Friday nights TemporaryInsanity krew rides all over NC. I decided to stop at a car wash and clean my bike up abit before going home. I finished and pulled out at a stoplight turning to head home. As i did, I heard a pack of bikes blasting down the road behind me. The next light was red so they all stopped in the lane next to me. The light turns green and they all haul *** into the night. There was a truck comin on fast behind me so i switched lanes to let him pass. I caught sight of some headlights darting thru traffic behind me. My instincts kicked in and i knew it was a cop. I stayed in the right hand lane and rode with traffic. The speed signs said 45, but traffic was rollin at nearly 55. The cop car got beside me and matched speeds with me. I didnt panick or anything cuz i did nothin wrong. Almost 3 miles down the road, i rounded a turn and theres four 2008 Cop Surburbans in a road block. An officer ran out in front of me with his GUN DRAWN!! he yells "Stop or i'll shoot you in the ******* face! STOP!". Of course i stopped, but he rips my key outta my ignition and throws it!! Its nearly 12 at night and there is no hwy lights. I take off my helmet and tell him to "go get my ****** key". He says get off the bike and push it to the side of the road. I repeated "Go get my key". I was pissed. I guess one cop out ranked him cuz he made the guy go find my key. He walks up and throws it on the ground by my bike. The 9 bikes that flew past me at the light were "observed" doin 110+ past a military base. They had blasted thru town and someone called the cops. Thus the road block. I tried to explain that im in the Marines and i wasnt riding with those guys. I told the cop to check the temp of my bike versus the others and look at the water still on my bike from the wash. The other riders even TOLD the cops they didnt know me and i wasnt ridin with them. Guess what, police dont give 2 ***** about people. "Protect and serve" but yet i get a gun in my face? All that bs and i still got arrested. I went to court and got it bargained down. But not before goin thru hell. If cops act like that, then who is gonna stop them from treatin everyone like ****? From then on, i ride with my helmet cam. I advise everyone to get one cuz it has saved my *** in court. Except for times i was doin **** wrong....Plus, its cheaper than courts fees, tickets, or bike impoundment. Believe!
Damn dude that sucks!! Yeah cops in J-ville are ********. Some former Corporal that got done being an mp feels tough cause they get to pull over staff sergeants now. I don't know if I'd go as far as getting a helmet cam but god idea bro.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:52 PM

NHRR-RIDER is a decent person

""Spoken like a true pig. Get over yourself. When that badge is off a cop should be nothing but a citizen like everyone else. When you are off duty, take a ******* break from the job. Did anyone get hurt? Nope. Do you think it will stop him from doing it again? Nope.
I think it's funny when cops do **** like that then I see them the next day turn on their lights and hit the horn just to go through a red light b/c the light is on at the local Krispy Kreme donut shop.""

yeah but even if a cop is off duty at a bar and you get into a fight with them you can get charged w/ assaulting an officer!! i know its ******* retarded!! just because they took a physical test 15 years ago and carry a gun and a badge they can do watever tey want! there are public riding trails that i ride my fourwheere on in my town, and at a road crossing there is a store and right down the street (100 yards) is a pizza shop we go to lunch for. well 1 time i rode my quad on the road to the pizza shop not on the side. when i got there a cop came up to me and said that if i evre did that again they would impound my bike and arrest me! then like 3 days later i saw the cops ride their quads up the middle of the road to the pizza shop. then up the middle of the road to the police station like 500 yards away. and they would never get in trouble for that! "this is my do whatever i want and get away with it badge" FTP for life!!!:YEAH
Old 07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

thats a classic example of the cop having it out for the guy. the cop oviously has delt with the guy before and looks for anyway to **** the person. I got a cop like that in my town. anytime I run into the guy I get a ******* ticket. I got two tickets for putting my car and bike for sale in front of my house and I got a ticket for expired tags on a bike that was in my driveway that I havn't rode on the street in over year!!!! he saw it from the street walking into my driveway and put a ticket on it. how bullshit is that.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by kntmare181
SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER PIG!!!!!!!
i aint no ****** cop! but much of my family is/were/are lawyers.

Last edited by y2kmk; 07-20-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Arlight, Who dun it? Crookeville TN