636 countershaft nut socket size

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:22 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
636 countershaft nut socket size

Does anybody know what size socket I need for this nut on the front sprocket?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 636 countershaft nut socket size

on the 03-04 its a 1 1/16

just delt with it last night lol.. good luck
Old 07-19-2008, 12:27 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
on the 03-04 its a 1 1/16

just delt with it last night lol.. good luck
(1 1/16) inch = 26.9875 millimeters

So, 27mm in metric it looks like?

Also, any suggestions on getting this off? I already took off the chain before I read the horror stories. I'm about to go buy a socket and pick up a giant breaker bar and some of that liquid wrench stuff to spray on, as well as some anti-seize to put back on when I'm done.

Last edited by inolen; 07-19-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:30 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

i unno...

i just used the 1 1/16

worked just fine after i fought it for an hour to break it loose
Old 07-19-2008, 01:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by inolen
(1 1/16) inch = 26.9875 millimeters

So, 27mm in metric it looks like?

Also, any suggestions on getting this off? I already took off the chain before I read the horror stories. I'm about to go buy a socket and pick up a giant breaker bar and some of that liquid wrench stuff to spray on, as well as some anti-seize to put back on when I'm done.
You are suppposed to leave the chain on, and its simple as ****

But now that you took the chain off, only way you are gonna get it off is with an impact
Old 07-19-2008, 01:50 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Leave the chain on and put a 2x4 through the back rim and youll be good,
Old 07-19-2008, 01:53 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

when i say that i mean put the board through the rim so its restiong on both sides of the swing arm. I always put mine in gear and hold the brake with the board so all the force isnt on the tranny. i never use a air gun i just use a rachet with a extension.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:17 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

**** that nut! Who ever worked on bike before I got it impacted it on... An... It ain't comin off... So it stays on toll I grenade the motor... Which known my luck will be right after I get the bike back together from powdercoat
Old 07-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bubash
when i say that i mean put the board through the rim so its restiong on both sides of the swing arm. I always put mine in gear and hold the brake with the board so all the force isnt on the tranny. i never use a air gun i just use a rachet with a extension.
Using an air gun is perfectly fine

putting it in gear is not!

the board, and/or rear brake is all you need, but without hte chain, its a BITCH
Old 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM

I got the chain zip tied all around the sprocket and a board in between the wheel. The only metric socket they had was a 12 pt 27mm, that **** just slipped the first try. Gonna go back and try to find a good 6 pt 1 1/16.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Got the 6 point 1 1/16, fits super good. Using a 3 foot breaker bar and still no luck. Had a 3/8 drive ratchet with an 3/8->1/2 adapter and just broke the god damn ratchet. Time to go get a 1/2 inch ratchet and try again.

**** this nut.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

the way i got it off was i used an extention as a punch and hit on the 4 corners, then i hit it with the impact and it came right off
Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
the way i got it off was i used an extention as a punch and hit on the 4 corners, then i hit it with the impact and it came right off
I don't have an air impact
Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Got the 6 point 1 1/16, fits super good. Using a 3 foot breaker bar and still no luck. Had a 3/8 drive ratchet with an 3/8->1/2 adapter and just broke the god damn ratchet. Time to go get a 1/2 inch ratchet and try again.

**** this nut.

Take that breaker bar, and put a 6 foot cheater bar on it

If that doesn't get it, hit it with pb blast penetrating oil and let it sit for a few days
Old 07-19-2008, 04:31 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

damn, that sucks homie... all i can say is do what i did except instead of the impact use a 1/2in drive breaker bar... the ratchet prolly isnt going to withstand the tourqe it takes to get that **** off... it is a BITCH, i feel your pain, believe me..
Old 07-19-2008, 04:35 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

They weld those ***** on the 03-04. It took me hours to get it off. I used like a 6ft bar on it and jumped on it as hard as I ******* could and FINALLY got it to break loose.

It laughs at impact guns
Old 07-19-2008, 04:59 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

weld it on?

seriously, doing that **** without a impact is retarded. I can change a set of sprockets and chain in like 7 minutes with my air tools..
Old 07-19-2008, 05:05 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I tried several pneumatic impact guns on that one I was workin' on and none would break it loose.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by nags
I tried several pneumatic impact guns on that one I was workin' on and none would break it loose.
I think Kyle said he stripped his with his impact gun.

Just picked up a longer breaker bar and a 1/2" drive ratchet. For the record, I've changed the front sprocket on countless f4i's, never had a problem. This thing is just the spawn of satan.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:54 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

This thing is just the spawn of satan.
yes it is... try the punch on it...

Quick Reply: 636 countershaft nut socket size