crashed, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:00 PM

07Rsixxer is a decent person
crashed, need help!

ok guys i was out at the lot practicing my whoolies yesterday, and i was doin ok for a while... then while i was in one of them it got really unstable, i corrected it like 3 times and then im a dumbass so i took my left foot off and chopped the throttle all in one motion while i was leaned way to the left. lol so i got thrown and my bike fell and hit the cage, the cage caught the ground and it got thrown into the air, rolled once in the air, landed and rolled a couple more times. and while that was happening i rolled like 5 times on the ground. lol. thank god for SI cages, i had just installed it THE NIGHT BEFORE this happened. my gas cap also broke and got launched like 40-50 yards, and all the gas i had just put in it leaked out, yea i was pissed. lol. my question is: my bike still runs and rides but could there be anything wrong with it thats not visible to me? and also my cage is now loose on both sides, is this normal after a crash, and could i just tighten them up, or is it possible i stripped the threads in the motor mount? and if so, what size tap do i use? thanks for any help guys

and god damn i got rash all the way up my left arm and it hurts like ****** crazy :YEAH
Old 06-28-2008, 05:14 PM

Noglory is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: crashed, need help!

Normally cages do loosen up in a crash. Tighten the bolts up. Otherwise if it runs and drives fine give er. Un less it was running upside down for a lil bit. If so take the plugs out and turns it over so u dont hydrolock the motor. But im guessing you already fired it up.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:20 PM

oh ya, after the crash i fired it up and rode around for another like 2 hours. lol
Old 06-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

just check the obvious, suspension parts and clip-ons etc.. some times these parts will crack and fail later while you are riding and cause certain death.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
just check the obvious, suspension parts and clip-ons etc.. some times these parts will crack and fail later while you are riding and cause certain death.
clip ons cause certain death? damn. lol.

i was lookin at it a little bit today, and really nothing except the cage hit the ground i dont think, there is no rash on anything except the cage and the end of the right clip on. it pretty much just flipped off the cage, went around, hit the cage, flipped again and hit the cage. there is a little on the gas tank from the way it landed and rolled up onto it but thats it. and the SI held up like a champ! its barely even bent. oh yea i tightened everything up on the cage before i went riding today, figured out that it just needed to be tightened.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Yut ughhh

Burntz is a decent person

i was their with him when this **** happened. was pretty dam crazy.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

I've had a throttle side clip-on snap while in a wheelie.. luckily it was sitdown and almost idle speed so i was able to recover. few minutes before it snapped i was rolling 50mph stoppies. so I learned to allways rock after market clip-ons
Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
I've had a throttle side clip-on snap while in a wheelie.. luckily it was sitdown and almost idle speed so i was able to recover. few minutes before it snapped i was rolling 50mph stoppies. so I learned to allways rock after market clip-ons
i was thinkin about investing in some vortex clip ons anyways, i might have to do that sometime soon...
Old 06-29-2008, 02:21 AM

KANE>NIN is a decent person

yeah i hear ya i dont got aftermarket clipons but i know its a good investment.. im gettin sum soon but i'm more worryied about dumb ****.. but in all reality i know it should be an f4i or 636 cuz that gixxer will just snap doin that hardcore highspeed ****