PROBLEM: f4i full fairing flipped bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:53 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
PROBLEM: f4i full fairing flipped bars

vortex bars flipped.

i can't turn the bars out all the way but enough to make it comfortable.

for the left side, the moose ez-pull lever hits the stay bracket. but i fixed this by moving the clutch lever all the way down.

for the right side is the problem, the master hits the stay no matter what....

to the guys that run f4i full fairing, how do you do it? do you have another master cylinder? if so, what kind?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: PROBLEM: f4i full fairing flipped bars

shave the upper down... if u do it right it looks sweet
Old 06-28-2008, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
shave the upper down... if u do it right it looks sweet
really? any pics?

...tho the way it looks, i would have the CUT the upper, shaving it wouldn't do much.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

yeah, u pretty much gotta chop a chunk off the upper... i just say shave cause it doesn't sound so brutal

i had to go pretty far down on my 750
Name:  IMG_1651.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  102.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1647.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  102.7 KB
i dont have clipons turned out all the way on that though. I had to cut the upper down to the mirror mounts

My f4i isnt full farring yet but we did my friends 636 and i took ALOT off the upper. I know there's pics floatin around on here in the 636 pics and F4i pics section.

I'll try and find closer pics of my ****
Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Group Moderator

u can see in this pic how far the f4i is shaved down. Clipon's are turned out all the way
Old 06-28-2008, 04:52 AM

7fiveO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
vortex bars flipped.

i can't turn the bars out all the way but enough to make it comfortable.

for the left side, the moose ez-pull lever hits the stay bracket. but i fixed this by moving the clutch lever all the way down.

for the right side is the problem, the master hits the stay no matter what....

to the guys that run f4i full fairing, how do you do it? do you have another master cylinder? if so, what kind?
yo jay if your going ff let me buy your street fighter light:YEAH
Old 06-28-2008, 05:14 AM

u can see in this pic how far the f4i is shaved down. Clipon's are turned out all the way
thx for the pics

and ya that looks pretty far shaved down...did you cut off the mirror mounts?...i was thinking about that but then how would i mount the upper fairing?

p.s. put some ******* air in that tire!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by 7fiveO
yo jay if your going ff let me buy your street fighter light:YEAH
dogg my **** is signed by apex and colton, it ain't leavin my hands

haha, u should get the cyclops, it's DOT.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Your'e such a groupie doritos!

trim that **** tho dude, that's how I see everyone doin it out here....
I won't go to FF until I get them combo circ's on lock! for now I'd be happy with just riding though!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I just deal with it
Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 PM

7fiveO is an unknown quantity at this point

dogg my **** is signed by apex and colton, it ain't leavin my hands

haha, u should get the cyclops, it's DOT.
yea I think I'll just get the cyclops
Old 06-28-2008, 01:22 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

thats meeeee.

wish I was still full fairing, man I made this bike look ugly
Old 06-28-2008, 01:24 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

thx for the pics

and ya that looks pretty far shaved down...did you cut off the mirror mounts?...i was thinking about that but then how would i mount the upper fairing?

p.s. put some ******* air in that tire!
yup, thats an aftermarket stay so it had just enough room to put 2 bolts in the top corners of the upper.

about the tire, umm yeah it leaked
Old 06-28-2008, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Beto
yup, thats an aftermarket stay so it had just enough room to put 2 bolts in the top corners of the upper.

about the tire, umm yeah it leaked
leaked my ***.

haha

you mean like a johnnyp? ...but ya, aftermarket or not, the corner mounts can't change, unless you have some sort of aftermarket fairing to match it. i have my fairing's ears already cut down to the 2 bolts for each side on the top. but that BARELY makes a difference.

anymore pics anyone? preferably close-up?
Old 06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Stunt Pimp

Pat-trick is an unknown quantity at this point

leaked my ***.

haha

you mean like a johnnyp? ...but ya, aftermarket or not, the corner mounts can't change, unless you have some sort of aftermarket fairing to match it. i have my fairing's ears already cut down to the 2 bolts for each side on the top. but that BARELY makes a difference.

I've got one for sale
Old 06-28-2008, 03:59 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

****, I was logged in under the wrong name.

I'M the one that has one for sale
Old 06-28-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by nags
****, I was logged in under the wrong name.

I'M the one that has one for sale

does the johnnyp actually help me in what i'm trying to do?

cause like i said:
...but ya, aftermarket or not, the corner mounts can't change, unless you have some sort of aftermarket fairing to match it. i have my fairing's ears already cut down to the 2 bolts for each side on the top. but that BARELY makes a difference.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:12 PM

It didn't work for me but every setup is different.. If you don't run gauges the JP might help
Old 06-28-2008, 04:17 PM

leaked my ***.

haha

haha seriously I run 23 psi all the time

Nah it was some cheap racing upper stay, I think a vortex or something. Nah no pics, it snapped after a while so I threw it out sorry
Old 06-28-2008, 04:31 PM

well, it looks like unless i cut both ears off below where the bolts up which btw would totally **** up how the fairing/mirrors mount, it's impossible to do it.

so i think i'm just gonna by a new master....what's a good small master?

Quick Reply: PROBLEM: f4i full fairing flipped bars