Powder coating...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 PM

Timmy P is a decent person
Re: Powder coating...?

Originally Posted by YSRRider
Timmy, your stuff turned out nice!!!! what brand powder did you use?
the orange powder I got off ebay real cheep. nothing real nice I had just planed to do **** that was gonna get fucked up like healguards and levers. It held up realy well and didnt wear or chip off. so I ended up using it on alot of stuff.. I need to get a picture of the sprocket Its nasty lookin. but for the header I got real nice **** from http://www.caswellplating.com/ . They have realy nice highend ****.. even crome.. I have a propane tank with the cromepowder on it for 4 years now and never new it was powder tell recently. ***** nasty. so yeah check it out.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 PM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

honestly, how much is powder coating compared to doing it yourself.

include the time it takes you to do it, and the quality of the job.

my wheels are ******* edible and it was nothing to get my tires uninstalled stripped, coated, and put back together and installed.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruthlessriding
honestly, how much is powder coating compared to doing it yourself.

include the time it takes you to do it, and the quality of the job.

my wheels are ******* edible and it was nothing to get my tires uninstalled stripped, coated, and put back together and installed.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94244

60 Bucks bro.. And I install appliances so I got old ovens for days.. so yeah 60 bucks and a week to get the 16$ worth I spent on orange and 32$ I spent on black.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Im familiar with Caswell... I was gonna buy one of their triple chrome plating kits a few years ago but i was informed that it was junk..... they do have some nice goodies! Columbia Coatings sells ceramic for exhausts, I tried the chrome stuff.... came out great, but there is alot of prep work and after they are baked they need to be bead blasted and then rubbed with polish and fine steel wool to get the shine.

If you can pull off a budget powder job, props to ya! It can be tough!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 PM

well budget and stunt bike are 2 different things. If I wasent coating **** on a stunt bike I would probly have got nicer **** to start with,but the coatings im producting are flawless. . my harborfreight gun and late 80's Tappan oven could coat **** for a showcar. I recomend this **** for everyone that has cool toys and spends lots of time drinkin beers in the garage.. the possibilities are endless.I coated my most used bike tools for quick work. simple cool **** like that makes it worth it. remember this **** last forever and never chips or cracks. Im about to do my rear spring when weather gets real bad or when i find an easy way to take it of the shock.. anybody done that before?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 AM

Joezx10r is a decent person

Originally Posted by ruthlessriding
mine came out pretty good...

theres probably a sand blaster in your area. see if they do bead blasting. its less abrasive

btw, i def. didnt do the rims myself. lol
DIGG... That looks sick. How the hell do they get that finish? Is that textured?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Joezx10r
DIGG... That looks sick. How the hell do they get that finish? Is that textured?

looks like a silver vein powder with candy red topcoat.