What's a good story...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:35 PM

c_jake9 is a decent person
What's a good story...

Today I got a ticket for careless driving from a motorcycle cop. It was for a stoppie and I suck at stoppies so it was basically nothing. It is my first ticket and I have my CDL so I'd rather it not mess up my record. The only story I can think of to tell the judge is that the light turned yellow and I decided to stop instead of go through but I was in the middle of the lane and there was oil there so I didn't want to hit the brakes as hard as needed. When I was off the oil I hit my brake a little too hard to come to a complete stop so my back tire came of the ground about a foot for less than 2 seconds (which that part is true though embarrassing). It wasn't on purpose but the officer gave me a ticket because he thinks I was showing off. I was just trying to get my bike safely stopped. Would this work?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future
Re: What's a good story...

unknowingly such as traffic laws in the usa, but in the Croatian to each sentence is written, you can complain, and then ćekaš quite a long time, if the appeal is accepted then it is good
Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

built after the appeal should be to you within 2 mijeseca come in a letter that will be explanation about it if it does appeal is accepted or not
Old 06-25-2008, 05:42 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

technically if your front tire went through oil and you stopped right after, he might question you about how much oil there was and stuff... because it would have stuck to your tire actually making it slide not stick when you applied the front brakes, just be ready for questions like that. it might work
Old 06-25-2008, 05:44 PM

Sportmax is a decent person

Just admit you did a stoppie. Tell them it was a poor judgement on your part and you usually keep it in the parking lot. They will probably drop it to a lesser ticket if you are honest and polite.
I got a Wreckless a couple months ago for a stoppie in traffic and they dropped it to a Careless since i was nice and just admited it. If they catch you lieing they will make it even worse for you!!
Good luck on it
Old 06-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Is there anything less than careless?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:31 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

tell them you saw ants on the ground so you had to make a sudden stop
Old 06-25-2008, 06:45 PM

whauburger is a decent person

I wouldn't put the oil part in but if you go and try to fight it and explain you havn't been riding long and hit the front brakes a little to hard and as soon as it came up you let go and set it back down it might work
Old 06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

tell em you were distracted by thoughts bout this dude you know that got stabbed for a bike and truck cuz he made shoes but managed to shot 2 fools and kill one of em, then the light turned suddenly red on you. lol
Old 06-25-2008, 08:03 PM

TexRida is a decent person

teehee^^^^^^
Old 06-25-2008, 08:14 PM

hanasanaide is a decent person

i'd keep it simple, go with the "i havn't been riding long story" and offer to go to msf course or something, can't you do traffic school for a first ticket?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:53 PM

The bike I was on I've only had since April. I guess I could say the brakes caught a little bit more than expected compared to the bike I had previously.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
i dont ride whillies

moto_223 is a decent person

if the cop knows anything about stuntin you might be in trouble because of your bike ( if you were riding a stunt bike) just admit it and tell them your ready to pay the fine but dont want points
Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 PM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

**** that, tell them the cop is wrong, that he did not see that, that you just started riding and the idea of a wheel coming off the ground scares the **** out of you, let alone purposlely trying to get a wheel off the ground, plus your honor, how does your back tire come off the ground anyway? Ive only see wheelies, this makes no sense?...............hahahaha swear to god that **** works, ive done it
Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 PM

stunt954s is a decent person

Originally Posted by the gnar
tell em you were distracted by thoughts bout this dude you know that got stabbed for a bike and truck cuz he made shoes but managed to shot 2 fools and kill one of em, then the light turned suddenly red on you. lol

use his story, best one ive heard so far hahahaha

no but for real, dont admit it... i tried that and got a kick in the ***** for it ... say u didnt see the red till it was 2 late panicked and locked up the front brake because your a relatively new rider and didnt mean for it to come up like that. goodluck
Old 06-25-2008, 11:54 PM

I was on my CBR1000RR luckily. My F4 is licensed but I just use it to get through my circuit of lots. The CBR1000RR has the settings on the brake. I'll just say I barely adjusted it and it grabbed a very little bit. As soon as I felt it come up I let off on the brake because I was being careful.