bill thanks anyway full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:53 PM

1brownj is an unknown quantity at this point
bill thanks anyway full throttle

i got to say i am pretty impressed with full throttles customer service,bill has personally called me on my cell phone a few times to check on my purchase and has given me a bunch of tips on the proper way to bleed his cable brake setup and properly install everything,,i even broke one of the cables and he sent me another one free. i finally got all the air bled out of this system but just think the feel of a cable operated handbrake is not for me. i want direct fluid pressure at my fingertips from now on i am using a hohey bracket with a magura master
Old 06-22-2008, 08:04 PM

justin75south is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: bill thanks anyway full throttle

what's everyone's opinion on the new setup?? similar reactions??

(im in the market for a new setup .... subscribed.)
Old 06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I hear ya Jacob.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:10 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

ill take the old one, thanks
Old 06-24-2008, 02:03 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmmm.... I havent found the customer service to be all that ( In fact ...I'm starting to get rather frustrated with my WHOLE DEAL ....

I paid frikkin retail (405 ) about 6 weeks ago....and still havent felt the HB work... I'm in the same boat as some other people in a different thread about these ....waiting on a longer cable to be made and shipped back to me...It's been weeks ..........

AND what pisses me off worse....is the customer service (and It's been Bill that I've talked to everytime ) First of all .....You have to listen to this Loooooong *** message on the Answering maching that States "a hypothetical scenrio " that if you dont leave a message.... then you will go and complain that they never got back with you.... and in reality it was ALL YOUR FAULT.....LOL Well, twice now....I've left messages....Only to HAVE TO CALL BACK the next day....cause my call was never returned......

THEN ...when i finally talk to Bill.... he talks to me as if he as already told me things that he HAS NEVER TOLD ME..... He tried to Blame me Once for Mailing the part back to him at the Wrong address (claims he told me what address to send it to...... but I dont think he did....... I Mailed it to THE ADDRESS THAT WAS ON THE FRIKKIN WEBSITE ...Then he says ...Oh yeah ...I have to change that CAUSE it's the old Address...WTF ???? )

So today I call him again ...wondering about my part that HE told me was gonna be shippped out early last week....and he says " Well , like I said before I am waiting on the Cable from Barnett " WTF AGAIN ? HE NEVER told me anything like that...he obviously has me mixed up with someone else or other peiople.... THen I just found in another thread where someone else has been waiting on a Longer cable for 3 weeks now.... So there are others besides me.

Bottom line is .... So far i havent even got to try this thing.... I've got the Hohey setup on my one f4i ...and this will be on my other f4i... I would love to be able to give some feedback on comparing the two.....But I have to say ...as of right now ..... I'm not happy about this FT universal setup....... It has been a major bitch to bleed the system...and My one steel braided line is 12 inches too long ...so I have this 4 inch loop in it (which has me nervous that it's going to trap air in that part of the line if any air ever travels up the line to that point )

All in all ...it's nice looking and appears to seem like a trick setup..... But I'm extremely frustrated at most parts of how this has all gone down so far.

my hohey setup costed a little more than this setup ....but was installed easily and working within about 2 to 3 hours (And has worked flawlessly for about 8 months or longer now )
and on the FT setup...I already have 5 or 6 hours into Installation and bleeding and uninstalling , So I can bleed more and get it properly bled ...and re installing blah blah blah...... If this setup doesnt work flawlessly when i recieve that Cable......... THERE WILL BE YET ANOTHER USED FT UNiversal HB setup for sale Cheap here on SL

Last edited by ExtremeAcres; 06-24-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:31 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

if you ask me you all are crazy for spendin money on this **** you guys are all looking for a world beater but **** aint gonna happin with this ****. if cables even broke one ****** time on me id throw that piece of **** away. what the **** are you gonna do when that pos breaks in the middle of a 3rd gear coaster or some **** like that. i keep hearin more and more **** about these and people keep buying them. the thing i dont get is what the **** was wrong with the hydraulic setup **** is as strong as its gonna get. what are all you people tryin to accomplish by goin to this shitty setup? oh well have fun bleedin your **** while im ridin.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:52 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant say anything about this new product...because i havent even seen one in person, let alone used one.

But i run a dual caliper setup, 4 piston HB caliper, on a ZackieChan bracket, and a gsxr radial master.... tons of power. Obviously way more feel than my old FTI adapter.

But one of my friends just picked up a bike from one of the Barely Legal boys, that has the FTI Billet machined master, on some crazy little 1/2" master cylinder, and its got a TON of feel too. I was definately impressed by how well this thing seems to perform.

We had an issue getting an adaptor for FTI, got sent the wrong one, ect ect, but all in all, ive never had a problem with their products, once i had them in my hands. never had an adaptor leak, or anything like that.... Id say overall they are doing great for a Stunt Company..... ****....compare them to some companies that will go unnamed.... 6months to get a cage? a year? but your credit card surely gets billed right away...thats some BS
Old 06-24-2008, 03:04 PM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill stick with my Magura and adaptor. It has plenty of stopping power.
I would never trust a cable.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

You guys are funny. U know I've removed and installed this new master at least four or five times from various bikes back and forth across the country and I've yet to have a problem bleeding it.

The "cable feel" is a joke....feels just like every other hb I've ever had.

Not saying that this product is for everyone but ****, some of u people are funny with your reasoning!

Personally I love mine and the variety of feels it offers me. I've never used hhd although I'm sure its sick, never really had a reason to.....
Old 06-24-2008, 03:32 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
You guys are funny. U know I've removed and installed this new master at least four or five times from various bikes back and forth across the country and I've yet to have a problem bleeding it.

The "cable feel" is a joke....feels just like every other hb I've ever had.

Not saying that this product is for everyone but ****, some of u people are funny with your reasoning!

Personally I love mine and the variety of feels it offers me. I've never used hhd although I'm sure its sick, never really had a reason to.....
im sure it works for u but i have felt a couple including yours this weekend and did not like it. it def didnt feel 100% like a hydro setup but close in feel when your just squeezing it as far as bleeding goes ive have just read a lot about them being hard to bleed. i know my brembo is easy
Old 06-24-2008, 03:45 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

If I had to start over from scratch with a new bike and was setting everything up I may give the Full Throttle setup a go. As of now, my hydraulic setup is **** and have no reason to change. It seems complicated with the cables, box, ect., ect.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I just want my hb to work like normal