slow wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: slow wheelies

Originally Posted by big ben
well that depends on how long hes been riding, being a squid is 1 yr. after a yr. he might not be a squid, he would just suck. u can b better than everyone, and still b a squid if ur new to the sport.
thats not how I look at squids

I see squids as people who ride outside their abilitys.

My friend, been riding a total of 6 months. I don't see him as a squid. Because he ALWAYS wears his jacket, gloves, helmet, and he NEVER tries to wheelie, race, tuck turns, anything. He just cruises around every once in a while.

Then again, I know people that have rode 4 years now, owe 7k on their bike, talk about how they can stunt, talk about when they get a set of dirt bike bars, a sprocket, and hand brake how they'll out stunt me and ****.. Now they ARE squids

That, and people that buy brand new bikes, hit the parkway with me, and wreck out in the first turn.. Pushing them selves way to hard way to fast, and squiding straight into the pavement
edit (btw the whole someone following me on the parkway and wrecking out the FIRST turn, has literally happened THREE times in groups I've been with lol)
Old 06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

well that depends on how long hes been riding, being a squid is 1 yr. after a yr. he might not be a squid, he would just suck. u can b better than everyone, and still b a squid if ur new to the sport.
NO... again, you are WRONG!!! A squid is someone who ACTS LIKE THEIR **** DOESN'T stink and thinks they are the ****. THAT'S A SQUID and right now you are bordering on that line between being an inexperienced youngin' and a squid. Dirt bikes are TOYS (unless it's a 450+ bike, then we are talking a bike that actually has girth and power to it) and comparing a little dirtbike to a street bike is just plain retarded. THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE other than they have 2 wheels, gas, brake and a clutch!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:49 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
BIG BEN or should I say LITTLE BEN... you are 15. You are at the phase in life where you THINK you know everything, but you don't. Shut your mouth and learn, until you have ACTUALLY rode a street bike on 1 wheel then seriously, quit trying to argue your point. You are starting down the path of a Kelm, only WORSE. Seriously, you DON'T know what you are talking about!!
+1... im tryin to educate and explain this stuff to him and i feel like its an arguement. not tryin to dog him at all

im gettin sick of hearing the squid **** thrown around too. its old and ******* stupid! especially after having 3 ******* threads on here about it last week
Old 06-17-2008, 01:51 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

yea guys....if you start out w a stock bike it's going to hold you back...only it just gets you interested in doing dumb things, after a year of that, ya gotta buy some stunt gear and deck the bike out, cage, pegs etc....esp' gearing! going slow on stock gears being a squid iz the *****....
Old 06-17-2008, 01:51 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

yea guys....if you start out w a stock bike it's going to hold you back...only it just gets you interested in doing dumb things, after a year of that, ya gotta buy some stunt gear and deck the bike out, cage, pegs etc....esp' gearing! trying to go slow on stock gears being a squid iz the *****.... AND YEA I FUCKED THAT UP GOOD!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:54 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

NO... again, you are WRONG!!! A squid is someone who ACTS LIKE THEIR **** DOESN'T stink and thinks they are the ****. THAT'S A SQUID and right now you are bordering on that line between being an inexperienced youngin' and a squid. Dirt bikes are TOYS (unless it's a 450+ bike, then we are talking a bike that actually has girth and power to it) and comparing a little dirtbike to a street bike is just plain retarded. THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE other than they have 2 wheels, gas, brake and a clutch!
im not saying they r. what i am saying is they r using the same principals for stuntriding. both use bp's, torque, inertia, centrifical (dont know if i spelled that right) effect, etc... those theories and principals r universal and can b applied to both. weight and power differences just have to b learned, after that........
Old 06-17-2008, 01:55 PM
N/A

I agree with Poni, if I had stock gearing and tried to learn on that I think I would have only hindered myself. Now the 1 thing I did that made me much better with the FB was NOT GETTING A HB until I absolutely needed it. And even so, I probably still don't need a HB but I can't guaran-damn-tee you that if I had got a HB right out of the shoot I would be kicking myself as we speak.
N/A

I agree with Poni, if I had stock gearing and tried to learn on that I think I would have only hindered myself. Now the 1 thing I did that made me much better with the FB was NOT GETTING A HB until I absolutely needed it. And even so, I probably still don't need a HB but I can't guaran-damn-tee you that if I had got a HB right out of the shoot I would be kicking myself as we speak.
rock stock

Originally Posted by poni
yea guys....if you start out w a stock bike it's going to hold you back...only it just gets you interested in doing dumb things, after a year of that, ya gotta buy some stunt gear and deck the bike out, cage, pegs etc....esp' gearing! going slow on stock gears being a squid iz the *****....

AGAIN!!! it all depends on the rider!!! gearing and all that stunt bullshit is preference!

and time riding doesnt have **** to do with how good you are. ive been riding less than half a year. from the first time i clutched up a wheelie EVER till right now. im learning quick as hell, but just cause i havent been riding for years doesnt mean that i suck
Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM
N/A

I agree with Poni, if I had stock gearing and tried to learn on that I think I would have only hindered myself. Now the 1 thing I did that made me much better with the FB was NOT GETTING A HB until I absolutely needed it. And even so, I probably still don't need a HB but I can guaran-damn-tee you that if I had got a HB right out of the shoot I would be kicking myself as we speak.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:59 PM
rock stock

im not saying they r. what i am saying is they r using the same principals for stuntriding. both use bp's, torque, inertia, centrifical (dont know if i spelled that right) effect, etc... those theories and principals r universal and can b applied to both. weight and power differences just have to b learned, after that........
your comparing apples and oranges bro. double the weight, more than double the power, taller, better brakes, more low end torque, initial and final gearing... all these things make "stunt theory" not work out how you think it does
Old 06-17-2008, 02:00 PM
rock stock

I agree with Poni, if I had stock gearing and tried to learn on that I think I would have only hindered myself. Now the 1 thing I did that made me much better with the FB was NOT GETTING A HB until I absolutely needed it. And even so, I probably still don't need a HB but I can guaran-damn-tee you that if I had got a HB right out of the shoot I would be kicking myself as we speak.
holy triple post!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:01 PM
N/A

Definition of "Centrifugal" force:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force

Definition of "Inertia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertia

Learn your physics kid. You are completely contradicting yourself when you say centrifugal and inertia. You are talking 2 different types of resistance here, one being outward and one being in a straight line. If you talk about BP, then yes... BP necessary. But everything else you are saying is COMPLETELY different on a big bike vs. a small bike. Right now, you think b/c you can do this on a dirt bike it shouldn't be "that" hard to pick up on a big bike...... WRONG!!!!! It's extremely difficult and ALL WE are trying to say is don't think it's similar b/c it's not. The VERY BASIC principals are similar, but other than that... that's where it stops!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:02 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

Originally Posted by xXxNO LOVExXx
your comparing apples and oranges bro. double the weight, more than double the power, taller, better brakes, more low end torque, initial and final gearing... all these things make "stunt theory" not work out how you think it does
ok. ill b apples u b orangges. i do special k circles in 2nd and pop the clutch, no hb. how do u do 'em?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:02 PM
N/A

holy triple post!
yea... WTF happened on that one? Oh well, I just got 3 more posts on my PW count!!! HAHAH
Old 06-17-2008, 02:07 PM
rock stock

ok. ill b apples u b orangges. i do special k circles in 2nd and pop the clutch, no hb. how do u do 'em?
i cant do 50/50 circles yet, but i can jump to 50/50 from footdrag, merk step, and seat stander...

your not gettin the point were tryin to make
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Hi Farley! Hi Matt!

I've been learning on stock....but i think it has held me back from catching idle. 54t should be in this week.

dirtbikes scare me, they are so light and lacking in power i don't know what to do with them.

and i agree this kid is acting like a typical "i have it all figured out" adolescent.
rock stock

yea... WTF happened on that one? Oh well, I just got 3 more posts on my PW count!!! HAHAH
this thread sucks anyways...
Old 06-17-2008, 02:09 PM
N/A

this thread sucks anyways...
God damn yes it does... if I was like that when I was 15 why didn't someone punch me in the ****** face???!?!?!?!?!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

exactly

low power, tons of engine brake, low weight so its easy to do off peg tricks without a hand brake

TOTALLY different then a sport bike.. I'd LOVE to see you do anything off peg without a hand brake

edit: btw about stock gearing vs not stock
Personally I learned on stock, and I loved it.. I'd go back to stock gearing in a heard beat, IF I wasn't loving circles..
Rocking idle wheelies at 2,200 rpm with stock gearing... mmmm was fun

I personally don't think gearing makes learning IDLE any easier, I just think it helps with SLOOW speed stuff where you must either slip the clutch, or faster..
Like circles, where I'd always stall them out, or only hit 1-2 with stock gearing. But with aftermarket gears the bike would run soo much better at low end I can keep them going and rarely stall out

Last edited by Towlieee; 06-17-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Quick Reply: slow wheelies