slow wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Re: slow wheelies

i plan to work on shifting in circles, i dont need to clucth it up to shift, but it is still choppy
Old 06-17-2008, 12:35 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by big ben
gearing doesn't matter as much as people like to think, it all depens on what rpm ur in.
gearing makes a big difference in HOW you control a wheelie! get off a bike with stock gearing and hop on something with a 65, i gaurantee its a night and day difference
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by xXxNO LOVExXx
gearing makes a big difference in HOW you control a wheelie! get off a bike with stock gearing and hop on something with a 65, i gaurantee its a night and day difference
but if u know how to ride its unessesary, i learned to lcutch up everything and it helps teach throttle control, where as a big sprocket acts as a safety net for a mistake.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:46 PM
rock stock

but if u know how to ride its unessesary, i learned to lcutch up everything and it helps teach throttle control, where as a big sprocket acts as a safety net for a mistake.

it still makes a difference in riding style and speed. and you can definitely **** up just as bad with a big sprocket
Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM
CA STUNTER

it still makes a difference in riding style and speed. and you can definitely **** up just as bad with a big sprocket
exacly, so whats the point, just have to shift more. i dont think jason britton even uses more than a 60t
Old 06-17-2008, 12:54 PM
rock stock

exacly, so whats the point, just have to shift more. i dont think jason britton even uses more than a 60t
its rider preference man. everyone is different. im not a better rider that someone because i use less gearing.

but the original thing you said about gearing not making a difference isnt true. it does make a bike difference in how the bike acts/reacts. bieng a good rider doesnt change how the mechanics of the bike works...

what are you riding anyways?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 PM
CA STUNTER

i stunt supermoto, much less power, but still do wheelies going 60mph.i can do everything though.

p.s. ur right gearing doesnt make a rider beter or worse. my bad.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:02 PM
rock stock

what "supermoto" bike is it?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Afflicted
you dont know ****, seen a guy with stock gearing do circles in 5th gear

bitch

gary
think about it dick licker....slow? second gear? maybe it would be considered slow if you were about to stall in second dink....AND YEA YOU SEEN A GUY DO 5TH GEAR CIRCLES YOU NEVER DONE THEM SO DON'T ACT LIKE YOU INVENTED THEM "BITCH" and fyi ...ur a dick eater jus cause you started the name calling......i know you are but what am i??? hahahha

Last edited by poni; 06-17-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
rock stock

ive done slow **** in second by mistake... its not impossible
Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Again, dirt bikes are different then sport bikes!

Dirt bieks are WAY easier. Dirt bikes at NO point in time need gearing for ANYTHING..

They aren't even close to comparable. The gearing on a dirt bike in 1st gear goes to what, 20mph? The gearing on a sport bikes first gear goes to 70-100!

i stunt supermoto, much less power, but still do wheelies going 60mph.i can do everything though.

p.s. ur right gearing doesnt make a rider beter or worse. my bad.

Have you even rode a sport bike?? The less power, makes dirt bikes EASIER to wheelie! More power is HARDER to control, not easier

I'm not telling you these things because im trying to keep stunting a secreate, I'm not telling you these things to try to get you to not stunt sport bikes, or to slow you down or something.. I'm trying to help you

sport bikes are WORLDS apart from dirt bikes. Especially if your NOT talking about a 450cc+ dirt bike..

a 100-200cc dirt bike is a TOY.. Its the next step up from a 50! No joke. Its nearly as easy. Thats why it only took me FOUR days to learn circles on my 220 pound 13 horse power 150f..
Took me 2 weeks before I was starting 1 handed high chairs, SS circles with no hand brake, and some other stuff...

Sport bike though.. Totally differnet world..

Sport bikes are WAY harder to do circles and stuff on with stock gearing.. It is dooable, I've done a couple circles on stock, but much harder.. A dirt bike NEVER needs gearing, I never re-geared my 150f.. Never had a need to.. Hell if anything, I would have re-geared it LONGER!

Just don't think you can compare a low horse power dirt bike to a sport bike.. Because in all reality, a dirt bike is MUCH closer to the feeling of a 50 stunting wise, then it is a sport bike.

Btw about the discussion.. It took me about 2 months from the first time I wheelied a sport bike, tell I was rocking about 15mph steady wheelies..
Took me a whole another YEAR to REALLY lock down idle, and be able to hold idle forever
Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 PM
CA STUNTER

what "supermoto" bike is it?
its a suzuki drz 125L itll go 60, its has a slightly shorter wheelbase than a 600, but sits taller. i have a 12 bar on it, but dont even think i cant do everything street guys can do.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Again, dirt bikes are different then sport bikes!

Dirt bieks are WAY easier. Dirt bikes at NO point in time need gearing for ANYTHING..

They aren't even close to comparable. The gearing on a dirt bike in 1st gear goes to what, 20mph? The gearing on a sport bikes first gear goes to 70-100!

Have you even rode a sport bike?? The less power, makes dirt bikes EASIER to wheelie! More power is HARDER to control, not easier

I'm not telling you these things because im trying to keep stunting a secreate, I'm not telling you these things to try to get you to not stunt sport bikes, or to slow you down or something.. I'm trying to help you

sport bikes are WORLDS apart from dirt bikes. Especially if your NOT talking about a 450cc+ dirt bike..

a 100-200cc dirt bike is a TOY.. Its the next step up from a 50! No joke. Its nearly as easy. Thats why it only took me FOUR days to learn circles on my 220 pound 13 horse power 150f..
Took me 2 weeks before I was starting 1 handed high chairs, SS circles with no hand brake, and some other stuff...

Sport bike though.. Totally differnet world..

Sport bikes are WAY harder to do circles and stuff on with stock gearing.. It is dooable, I've done a couple circles on stock, but much harder.. A dirt bike NEVER needs gearing, I never re-geared my 150f.. Never had a need to.. Hell if anything, I would have re-geared it LONGER!

Just don't think you can compare a low horse power dirt bike to a sport bike.. Because in all reality, a dirt bike is MUCH closer to the feeling of a 50 stunting wise, then it is a sport bike.

Btw about the discussion.. It took me about 2 months from the first time I wheelied a sport bike, tell I was rocking about 15mph steady wheelies..
Took me a whole another YEAR to REALLY lock down idle, and be able to hold idle forever
im getting a 636. yea i know theyre different, luckily i adapt from bike to bike easily. inertia would definitly help w/ circles on a big bike. powert is irellivant if u clutch up n2 the bp.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:23 PM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

toweliii...can you sign the book you just wrote ...jus shittin ya dude, you know ur *****:YEAH

Last edited by poni; 06-17-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:34 PM
rock stock

powert is irellivant if u clutch up n2 the bp.
not true
Old 06-17-2008, 01:39 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

im getting a 636. yea i know theyre different, luckily i adapt from bike to bike easily. inertia would definitly help w/ circles on a big bike. powert is irellivant if u clutch up n2 the bp.

Thats the thing though, the weight doesn't help with circles, it makes it HARDER!

Notice how on your dirt bike, when you start to highside a circle, you just kick your leg out, and your fine?? That dosn't work on a sport bike!

And you have to throw twice the weight around, its a LOT harder to circle.. It took me 2 years on my f4i to even ATTEMPT a circle, let alone lock them down (took me probably 20-25 times in the lot before I locked a circle in, whereas I locked them in on my 150 in 4 days)

And the power is relevant.. I can tell you haven't done a slow BP wheelie on a sport bike..
The difference is, say your dirt bike has 13hp.. Thats 13hp, at nearly red line...
A sport bike though, is gonna have say, 30hp, at IDLE.. That means you barely blip the throttle, and your putting 3 times the power to the ground that your dirt bike would do at red line...
(these are made up numbers btw)

I'm not doubting you can learn it.. I'm just saying they are totally different, and you shouldn't compare them..

I used to think my f4i would be about the asme as my 150.. Man was I trippin

Now I realize my 50 is like my 150, and my f4i is WAY harder then both... But no doubt, the 150 and 50 both helped me learn a LOT to bring to the f4i..

Without my 50 and 150, I doubt I'd be doing ANYTHING on the f4i today

Originally Posted by poni
toweliii...can you sign the book you just wrote for me ...jus shittin ya dude, you know ur *****:YEAH
I'm having a book signing at boarders 3:30 pm today.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:40 PM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EZEC
Do yourself a favor and punch yourself in the face squid.

And when you get have your mom put on some high heels and stomp on your nuts....
everyone starts out as a <b><font size=5> squid</b></font size=5> jackass no one can just jump on a bike outta no where and rock slow ****
Old 06-17-2008, 01:41 PM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EZEC
Do yourself a favor and punch yourself in the face squid.

And when you get have your mom put on some high heels and stomp on your nuts....
everyone starts out as a squid jackass no one can just jump on a bike outta no where and rock slow ****
Old 06-17-2008, 01:42 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

BIG BEN or should I say LITTLE BEN... you are 15. You are at the phase in life where you THINK you know everything, but you don't. Shut your mouth and learn, until you have ACTUALLY rode a street bike on 1 wheel then seriously, quit trying to argue your point. You are starting down the path of a Kelm, only WORSE. Seriously, you DON'T know what you are talking about!!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM
CA STUNTER

well that depends on how long hes been riding, being a squid is 1 yr. after a yr. he might not be a squid, he would just suck. u can b better than everyone, and still b a squid if ur new to the sport.

Quick Reply: slow wheelies