engine cages

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 AM

fatlip cycles is a decent person
engine cages

Hey all,

I have recently gotten my fabrication shop completed and am wondering how many people would be interested in purchasing affordable crash cages, bar ends, subframe cages, spools etc.
I am thinking that initially i will produce a few different cages (depending on what people want) but something similar to FI or SI designs (mixed feedback, so let me know what you might be interested in) probably for the F4i gsxr and 636 at first. I am open to suggestions and just trying to figure out what is needed in the market so i can fill the opening. I am not able to start producing these right away due to other business but will be very soon but need to know what people want so i can make jigs, buy material, etc. Any feedback is much appreciated. I plan on selling the cages new for about $200.00. Let me know what you think of other items like spools, subframe cages, bar ends, stunt stays, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings
Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 AM

frankenstunt is a decent person
Re: engine cages

you might want to expand to the 929,954 as well
Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

so we should buy cages from you, that are copies of the design SI or FI put hard work into making, for only 20-30 dollars cheaper?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
so we should buy cages from you, that are copies of the design SI or FI put hard work into making, for only 20-30 dollars cheaper?
yea
i guess thats what im saying
maybe a little cheaper though
i dont know thats why im tryin to get some feedback
i can operate with very little overhead so i can make a superior product at a cheaper price
everyone likes to save money right
Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

your looking down the wrong path... stunters are cheap... lol...

don't want to discourage you but its a tough market...

Old 06-17-2008, 01:21 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

75 bucks a cage?50 for tha sub cage and 25 for tha stay
'?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:25 AM

GOOBHOPS is a decent person

To be honest why should people give their money to you for ripping the **** that SI and FI have worked so hard for? Not to mention they sponsor stunters. I got an SI cage last year, they were very and social about the buisness. Why don't you make your own stuff with your own design instead of ripping others ****!

I support any other company that did so themselves and built from the ground up!

Old 06-17-2008, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by stuntsteel
your looking down the wrong path... stunters are cheap... lol...

don't want to discourage you but its a tough market...

You make no sense. As i browse your website i see all your cages are not only overpriced but constructed using inferior MIG welding. Everything i produce is TIG welded for not only a stronger weld but better looking finished product.
Im not trying to be rude but im just sayin i could supply even someone like yourself (business owner) with a superior product for less money. I can send you one and you can see for yourself. Let me know if your interested.

Last edited by fatlip cycles; 06-17-2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: dont want to sound rude
Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by GOOBHOPS
To be honest why should people give their money to you for ripping the **** that SI and FI have worked so hard for? Not to mention they sponsor stunters. I got an SI cage last year, they were very and social about the buisness. Why don't you make your own stuff with your own design instead of ripping others ****!

I support any other company that did so themselves and built from the ground up!

I guess ive worded this wrong im not trying to steal anybodys design i am simply trying to get feedback on these designs to see what can be improved upon (maybe a more compact cage, or a cage that mounts different so it doesnt break you motor mounts, etc.
i simply use fi and si as an example because they are so popular
Just trying to make a good product at an affordable price
Old 06-17-2008, 01:48 AM

ownage is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good to me...cheaper, stronger BETTER!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:53 AM

that should be the company motto
Thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 02:03 AM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

as long as the design aint a copy then u can make money... y not. thats how everyone starts. ask opinions of ppl that actually use em.... there aint nothing wrong with selling them cheaper.. i mean isnt that what every stunter would want companies in competition to make a better product an sell it for cheaper so when it all comes out the riders are the one's benefiting from all this.... so i say go for it an show us what u got...... make a design for a couple of diffrent bikes put em on bikes take lil video an u will be seeling them in no time....... just my
Old 06-17-2008, 02:09 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
as long as the design aint a copy then u can make money... y not. thats how everyone starts. ask opinions of ppl that actually use em.... there aint nothing wrong with selling them cheaper.. i mean isnt that what every stunter would want companies in competition to make a better product an sell it for cheaper so when it all comes out the riders are the one's benefiting from all this.... so i say go for it an show us what u got...... make a design for a couple of diffrent bikes put em on bikes take lil video an u will be seeling them in no time....... just my

i was talkn to a local rider who is sponsored by 905 this weekend.. an i was sayn that 905 is garbage.. an he kept sayn i was jus sayn that cause whatever one else says... when really anyone that knows anything can see the flaws in there designs jus by looking at them, gussets with holes in them are a joke
an he stated that they dont care about making a better product because so many inexpienced riders by them cause they have been around forevcer... which if thats really there attitude makes me dislike them even more... if you make a shitty product jus so you can have more profit from low over head... fuckn weak ****....

i know son dooby is starting to build cages aswell, an he uses chromoly an good designs an so i say go ahead an come up with your own designs an make a quality prduct for cheap... no reason it wont sell...
jus advertise an get a few know riders to rock em...:YEAH
Old 06-17-2008, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
i was talkn to a local rider who is sponsored by 905 this weekend.. an i was sayn that 905 is garbage.. an he kept sayn i was jus sayn that cause whatever one else says... when really anyone that knows anything can see the flaws in there designs jus by looking at them, gussets with holes in them are a joke
an he stated that they dont care about making a better product because so many inexpienced riders by them cause they have been around forevcer... which if thats really there attitude makes me dislike them even more... if you make a shitty product jus so you can have more profit from low over head... fuckn weak ****....

i know son dooby is starting to build cages aswell, an he uses chromoly an good designs an so i say go ahead an come up with your own designs an make a quality prduct for cheap... no reason it wont sell...
jus advertise an get a few know riders to rock em...:YEAH
no what im sayin is low overhead means better quality product at a cheaper price to you
Old 06-17-2008, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by fatlip cycles
no what im sayin is low overhead means better quality product at a cheaper price to you

no im sayn 905 does that... not saying you will
Old 06-17-2008, 02:59 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

Originally Posted by fatlip cycles
You make no sense. As i browse your website i see all your cages are not only overpriced but constructed using inferior MIG welding. Everything i produce is TIG welded for not only a stronger weld but better looking finished product.
Im not trying to be rude but im just sayin i could supply even someone like yourself (business owner) with a superior product for less money. I can send you one and you can see for yourself. Let me know if your interested.
Tygershark is the ****!!! and awesome customer service. lifetime warranty and all...

you got to start somewhere right?
get some pics of your finished products.. post it up... both on and off bikes and i'm sure you will get the feedback you're seeking.

Last edited by stuntsteel; 06-17-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:01 AM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

well everyone see what iv egot done soo far !!!! myspace.com/bombezzy

and to the new fab guy.. you steel my designs i will kill you!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by SON DOOBY
well everyone see what iv egot done soo far !!!! myspace.com/bombezzy

and to the new fab guy.. you steel my designs i will kill you!
he aint fooln... i seen his guns...
Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 AM

SBFMC - Bumper is a decent person

you should just fab up cheaper circle buttons...maybe even some circle combo buttons. hai is sellin those for way too expensive. :YEAH