what ramp do you use for your lifted trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: what ramp do you use for your lifted trucks?

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
still makes me butt-hurt when I pull the gas-station attendant out of my wallet when done filling up for $130

I'm happy with my truck....for the size, the lift, the 14.5" width of the tires and aerdynamics of a brick wall.... I can't complain about the mileage at all. plus, with my custom tunes from innovative diesel my truck will roll coal, roast the tires for days, and outrun 95% of the trucks on the road around here!

I'm considering going to 35's on my next set of tires if it would help mileage at all.....plus they're alot cheaper than the $515 per tire these damn Toyo's are!!!!!!
I thinking about the BF goodrich AT/KO's in 37x12.50R20/D. The 35's on my truck are beat, but they have 60,000 odometer miles on them so they were worth the $. The Price at the pump is soon forgoten when someone won't get out of the way, you pass them on the left, and stomp it when your tailpipe is even with their open window.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER
I thinking about the BF goodrich AT/KO's in 37x12.50R20/D. The 35's on my truck are beat, but they have 60,000 odometer miles on them so they were worth the $. The Price at the pump is soon forgoten when someone won't get out of the way, you pass them on the left, and stomp it when your tailpipe is even with their open window.
I only do that if they have a nice car.....I've filled a BMW or two cabin with some soot and laughed my *** off!

I dont like the larger AT KO's.....they just dont look right to me. Plus, they're hummer tires and were on the S10 ZR2. Everytime I see em on something else all I can think is they dont fit the vehicle.

I really like Pro-Comp Xtreme AT's, Nitto Mud Grapplers (they're Terra Grapplers are nice too), and I LOVE my Toyo's but the price is retarded! I've got around 15,000 odometer miles on my current Toyo's and need to rotate em, but they dont have the slightest sign of wear yet. I think they'll push 50-60K easy, maybe more!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:50 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 6" lift with 35's on my 97' GMC 1500 and I use a 7' ramp and have a 2 step, step stool just off to the left. As I load the bike I walk up the step stool.. done.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 AM
N/A

I only do that if they have a nice car.....I've filled a BMW or two cabin with some soot and laughed my *** off!

I dont like the larger AT KO's.....they just dont look right to me. Plus, they're hummer tires and were on the S10 ZR2. Everytime I see em on something else all I can think is they dont fit the vehicle.

I really like Pro-Comp Xtreme AT's, Nitto Mud Grapplers (they're Terra Grapplers are nice too), and I LOVE my Toyo's but the price is retarded! I've got around 15,000 odometer miles on my current Toyo's and need to rotate em, but they dont have the slightest sign of wear yet. I think they'll push 50-60K easy, maybe more!
I have Toyo Open Country tires on my truck and F'IN love them. They ride awesome!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
I have Toyo Open Country tires on my truck and F'IN love them. They ride awesome!!!
they do ride better than my stock tires.....

...how did they balance ur tires???? Due to the size, we didnt even attempt wheel weights and they put a heavy powder inside my tires in a plastic pouch.....drove for a mile while it was rough as hell, then the bags popped inside the tires and its been smooth as silk ever since. I guess its what truckers use to change tires faster and balance em perfect.......plus, they cant get out of balance either. I honestly prefer it now.......especially after seeing about 5-6 STRIPES of wheel weights on Dan Jackson's 24's!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

The MT or the AT's?

...how did they balance ur tires???? Due to the size, we didnt even attempt wheel weights and they put a heavy powder inside my tires in a plastic pouch.....drove for a mile while it was rough as hell, then the bags popped inside the tires and its been smooth as silk ever since. I guess its what truckers use to change tires faster and balance em perfect.......plus, they cant get out of balance either. I honestly prefer it now.......especially after seeing about 5-6 STRIPES of wheel weights on Dan Jackson's 24's!!!!
Always wondered how those ceramic beads work. Sound like they worked out pretty well for you.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
N/A

Well if the dudes that balance your tires know WTF they are doing it won't be bad. I take my tires to Discount Tire b/c I worked there for a while but I use tape-a-weight on my rims. The key is though, you have to do an initial balance with NO weights, then you find the heavy spot in both the rim and tire. Once you found them, you break the bead on the tire and rotate the tire so that the heavy side of the tire is on one side and the heavy spot of the rim is on the other side. (Counterbalance) Here is the biggest mistake though, a lot of guys with sweet rims don't want weight on the outside, so typically a static balance is done which isn't good. They need to do a traditional balance but use an inner lip tape-a-weight and then use tape-a-weight just behind the front of the rim. So essentially you are balancing the inner and outer portion of the rim but all of the weights are behind the face of the rim so you can't see the weights.

When I worked at Discount I had customers with 35" up to 44" tires bring their truck specifically to me b/c I took the time to do it right. It sucks, b/c it's time consuming but they difference it makes when you are going 65 is HUGE!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:24 AM
N/A

The MT or the AT's?
MT's
Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
N/A

PS Eaze, from my experience those bags break down in the heat. They last about as long as a good tape-a-weight if done right.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Retired

MT's
They real loud on the highway with the windows down?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:32 AM
N/A

They real loud on the highway with the windows down?
Nope.... they barely hum. I love them dude, they are by far the best tire I've had. 35x12.50x18 and it's smooth as a babies ***.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:09 PM

you can tell from the pics mine are the AT's

I really like the beads in the tires and the bags gotta break to leave the ceramic beads to balance the tire.....I cant imagine the ceramic would break down too fast or too much???, and they aren't too expensive or hard to toss a new bag in if the old ones get shitty with heat or somin. Its not too hot around here usually anyways.

I know what you mean by doing it right......it doesnt look like they did it right on his rims. They're using the stick-ons weights, but it looks like they took a large sheet of them and pulled 2 or 3 and it balanced on the machine! lol

Last edited by eazenutz33; 06-17-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:11 AM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

yesterday i was at the shop gettin a pair of ramps and for some kind of reason i remembered this old post lol so here ya go my new pair.. truck isnt lifted yet but i have some ideas runnin through my mind, i think theyre long enough

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
N/A

That's a huge ramp!