battery seems to die when in the lot

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:30 PM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point
battery seems to die when in the lot

Hey, I was riding in the lot for a lil bit tonight. Only my second time practicing in the lot and just about at balance point but taking my time learning cause this feels like starting all over again on the bike compared to rocking my fiddy.

So i was practicing some wheelies and learning circle burnouts and when i would go to start my bike after resting for a min the bike would crank over real slow. I only stalled the bike out once so it couldnt be from this and have never had this happen after riding on the street. Anyone have this problem or know what could cause the battery to almost die? I throw it on the tender every week for a night usually anyway.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:33 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: battery seems to die when in the lot

Originally Posted by chpsk8er630
Hey, I was riding in the lot for a lil bit tonight. Only my second time practicing in the lot and just about at balance point but taking my time learning cause this feels like starting all over again on the bike compared to rocking my fiddy.

So i was practicing some wheelies and learning circle burnouts and when i would go to start my bike after resting for a min the bike would crank over real slow. I only stalled the bike out once so it couldnt be from this and have never had this happen after riding on the street. Anyone have this problem or know what could cause the battery to almost die? I throw it on the tender every week for a night usually anyway.
do you turn off your headlight ?

is the bike over heating ?

is the battery old ?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like your charging system is starting to go

Get a multimeter, and check what voltage the bike puts out at 5,000 rpm, it should be 13.5 or more

If it does put out 13.5 or more, shut the bike off, and see waht voltage the battery shows, should show 12.5-12.7ish

Now turn the key on, headlights on, but bike still not running.. The votlage should drop a little, but not a LOT.. If it drops below 12, then your battery is going out and isn't holding much of a charge

BTW its most likely your voltage regulator if its not your battery
Old 06-16-2008, 12:59 AM

the battery should be fine as its only 2 years old. And my headlights were on I guess I'll turn the highbeam off next time(just a habit of running high beams all the time for safety reasons) and I heard that the battery doesnt charge if below 5000rpm? Is this true. And If so what do pl do that are riding idle and stuff like that. I guess I'll try without the high beam next time and see what happens
Old 06-16-2008, 01:21 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

no its fine when your actualy riding the bike, no it doesnt charge below 5-6,000 rpm but its ok cause its not pulling much from the battery.

when you got off for a break did you leave the key on and just turn off the kill swich?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

voltage regulator ......................I'll put $$$$$ on it
Old 06-16-2008, 02:09 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

idling around with your high beam on will make it hard to start some times when the bike is hot , i would put in a switch to turn off your light when your in the lot and the more you drag your battery down the less time it will last ..
Old 06-16-2008, 07:50 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

check your engine stop and start relays in your tailsection. also i hate when people leave their headlight on at the spot. you cant see it when they are on one wheel anyways. they make little 5 dollar bicycle flashers that can easily be attached anywhere.

Last edited by Danger_Dave; 06-16-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:38 PM

is there any way I can turn off the low beam?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:57 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chpsk8er630
is there any way I can turn off the low beam?
wire a switch inline with it :YEAH

I always turn my headlight on when I'm running my radiator fan