Zip tie handbrake to bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 12:28 AM

bawlzout is an unknown quantity at this point
Zip tie handbrake to bar?

Just got a full throttle adapter for f4i and was trying to bleed brake read just about every post on here in the last 7 hours. Tried various methods, Vacuum, Squeeze-open-close-release, OMR trick with finger over bleeder, u name it. This thing is still mush! Going to try the Zip tie trick overnight but do you leave the bleeder open when you do this or closed? Please help this is my last resort.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:31 AM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Zip tie handbrake to bar?

Bleeder closed, reservoir cap off.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:43 AM

Thanks hope this works.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:00 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

close the bleeder, make sure the reservoir is full with the cap off, pump the hell out of it, like 50 pumps, then hold the lever to the bar and crack the bleeder, this can be tough to do on your own, (I managed). when you open the bleeder you should get a few bubbles, close it tight and pump the lever again 50+ times, crack the bleeder again with the lever pulled to the bar and close it right away. now pump it 10 times or so and then crack the bleeder. once you get SOME pressure in the lever, pump it 2-3 times, then open the bleeder (with the lever pulled to the bar, some people are retarded to that) repeat that process, 2-3 pumps, and crack. getting the initial vacuum is the hardest. even if you have no pressure, hold the lever in and crack the bleeder, any air that is pushed out with the lever pulled and the bleeder open and then closed will push air out, and then suck fluid in to the master as you release the lever.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:16 AM

spoondogg is a decent person

bleed it at every banjo bolt too. it helps get air out of the master faster
Old 06-14-2008, 03:27 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by pixel 6
Bleeder closed, reservoir cap off.
Yeap did that to my old 600RR, was firm az after.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:50 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

did you read this one ?

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...dials-hbs.html
Old 06-14-2008, 08:07 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

vacuum bleedings always worked for me
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

i pressure bled my **** it works great put some clear hose over the bleeder so u can see the air come out. and when u pump it up and crack the bleeder close it again rite before the handle hits the bar and just repeat that **** till its solid.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

HoHey =
Old 06-14-2008, 10:36 AM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

i had no front brakes before i went rideing the other day, just kept pumping it the whole session, then bam had pressure. just need final bleed.

i've done the zip tied to the bar before with good results...i hate bleeding brakes!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the good info guys, and omr i didn't see that post but i just bookmarked it and will try that and Bills stickey if i cant get this to work. Is bleeding the banjo's just cracking them open? cause i tightened the **** out of them thinking air was escaping from them when i couldn't get pressure. Looks like theres 3 air bubbles in my res now from last night. does it matter if i put cap on res first then cut zip tie or vise versa?
Old 06-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bawlzout
Thanks for the good info guys, and omr i didn't see that post but i just bookmarked it and will try that and Bills stickey if i cant get this to work. Is bleeding the banjo's just cracking them open? cause i tightened the **** out of them thinking air was escaping from them when i couldn't get pressure. Looks like theres 3 air bubbles in my res now from last night. does it matter if i put cap on res first then cut zip tie or vise versa?
If you have problems, crack open EVERY connection while bleeding

I've never had problem bleeding anything out.. Just gotta bleed everything.

but last night I gave the zip tie method a whirl, and it worked :YEAH

My hand brake connection came lose, and I lost all my fluid up IN the master...

All I did was tighten the connection, flip my master so it was right side up, opened the rez, and zip tied the lever to the bar..

Woke up just now and it was a little mushy, but was getting brakeing power back.. So I just picked up the master, and started pumping it and flipping it around in different directions
after about 10 pumps its solid as a rock

For good measure I added a zip tie back to it, and imma let it sit a few more hours
Old 06-14-2008, 01:30 PM

JohnForLife will become famous soon enoughJohnForLife will become famous soon enough

go to your local parts store and get a one man bleeder its a tube with a check valve, fill a cup with some brake fluid put the valve in the cup and the other end on the bleeder,open the bleeder and pump the master till the bubbles stop coming out, just watch the line, shut the valve pump it see how it feels, may take a few times but thats the way i do and always butter
Old 06-14-2008, 01:36 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnForLife
go to your local parts store and get a one man bleeder its a tube with a check valve, fill a cup with some brake fluid put the valve in the cup and the other end on the bleeder,open the bleeder and pump the master till the bubbles stop coming out, just watch the line, shut the valve pump it see how it feels, may take a few times but thats the way i do and always butter
thats how i do it. works the BEST!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:58 PM

Alright brake feels much better. But now the footbrake is moving. Not up, but to the side. when i use the footbrake it starts walking to the left like it's trying to slip off the post that it's attached to. Then when i hit the handbrake it snaps back to the right in the original and correct position. I thought i put everything back together properly down there but gonna double check, anyone experience this? I know there as thread about it popping up when the HB was used so i might reread that one as well.