Whats happening to the Stoppie game?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 06:18 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Whats happening to the Stoppie game?

Originally Posted by apfire26
That gpr must be workin good for ya.
actually it was loose the day i was up there , it only bothered me if i rolled across a line in the track and i would get a little head shake but as long as i didn't drift and hit that little line in the track it was ok , and it's a scotts isn't it?
Old 06-13-2008, 06:21 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Oh......I forgot.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Oh......I forgot.
i think if the track was flat i could roll alot further but so could every one else...
Old 06-13-2008, 07:06 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think if the track was flat i could roll alot further but so could every one else...

THERE LIES THE PROBLEM
Old 06-13-2008, 07:12 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
THERE LIES THE PROBLEM
exactly imagine how far mitch adams could roll on a perfect track
Old 06-13-2008, 07:23 PM

The sketchyness of the track shows even more skill of the riders. imo

I'm not saying I like the idea of a sloped track.........but it does show some serious talent when you can master it.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
also known as OMR

I'm not saying I like the idea of a sloped track.........but it does show some serious talent when you can master it.
well there is a huge advantage to the guys that get to practice there all year round , at least if they ran it in the other direction more people would be use to the direction of the slope because most roads are sloped to the right for water run off not to the left
Old 06-13-2008, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
well there is a huge advantage to the guys that get to practice there all year round , at least if they ran it in the other direction more people would be use to the direction of the slope because most roads are sloped to the right for water run off not to the left

True, true. They should just switch it up by surprise last moment. Level the playing field.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

id like to see some long off peg coaster comps too. they seem to be fading out as well. not as dangerous but still fun to watch.

but stoppie should always be there.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
id like to see some long off peg coaster comps too. they seem to be fading out as well. not as dangerous but still fun to watch.

but stoppie should always be there.

Off peg, as in hb coaster comps? Sounds good to me.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

yes. maybe even longest tank coaster because theres been long off peg before. no limiter. gotta keep upping the anty as everyone gets better.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:15 PM

Longest coaster, (bike shut off) comp. :YEAH :YEAH
Old 06-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Larry(STL) is a decent person

long stoppies are def the most dangerous trick in our sport and require a lot of talent to make em happen i dont think there goin out of style because they are by far one of my favorite events to watch i think the comps are just trying to compensate for the lack of space with the target stoppies
Old 06-13-2008, 08:24 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
they need a "shittiest stoppie comp" I would take home the gold
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 PM

c_jake9 is a decent person

I hope they keep em. If the riders are willing to do it they should be able to display their skill. It makes my heart pump faster just watching them, even in video. It is unreal to hear the engines roar and then when the back end raises I'm scared as heck for the rider till they have both tires back on the ground. I think most parking lot stunts I can eventually learn but I know I'm not crazy enough to ever learn the long stoppies and I'll always be willing to pay to see others that can roll em out wild distances.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:36 PM

+849481864
Old 06-13-2008, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by c_jake9
I hope they keep em. If the riders are willing to do it they should be able to display their skill. It makes my heart pump faster just watching them, even in video. It is unreal to hear the engines roar and then when the back end raises I'm scared as heck for the rider till they have both tires back on the ground. I think most parking lot stunts I can eventually learn but I know I'm not crazy enough to ever learn the long stoppies and I'll always be willing to pay to see others that can roll em out wild distances.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:06 AM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do "real" stoppies start? 100'? 150? more?

Like wheelies... I don't consider chasing bp to be a real wheelie... which would put "real" wheelies at like what... 1/4 mile? You can't chase and still get a 1/4 mile...

So with that analogy... what is the starting real stoppie length... where speed won't roll you the distance, you gotta have height and balance?
Old 06-14-2008, 12:44 AM

IDK......probly around the 200 ft mark.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:44 AM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Nascency Chris
anybody remember sillyneck blazing some longs ones at stuntwars '06 while battling retarded crosswinds???
i remember that......sick.. long stoppies are the **** , but some peoples style just make them look super nice.... like sillyneck

Quick Reply: Whats happening to the Stoppie game?