Whats happening to the Stoppie game?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 05:14 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person
Re: Whats happening to the Stoppie game?

I reacon longest stoppie is cool, i wouldnt take part tho i still cant control my stoppies enough, the bike takes me wherever it wants to go
Old 06-13-2008, 05:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by CIX StunnaChris
We might wanna slow down on all these wheelies and acros too...you never know, someone might get hurt.

And as for the same people winning, who cares....they're winning because they are pushing themselves to be the best...I dont know about anyone else but seeing someone kick my *** at anything makes me practice my *** off to come back and do better.
thats right the top guys are doing it for real the rest of us are just playing ...

there are only a few people that are good enough to roll over 600 feet from a 300 foot approach and there are only a few guys that are good enough to win individual freestyle so if some one doesn't like that then that some one needs to step up and push the limmits....
Old 06-13-2008, 05:17 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

i'm working on my stoppies but they are scary with no damper. With DB it wasnt as bad but, with clip-ons now it wants to get headshake more easy
Old 06-13-2008, 05:18 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
thats right the top guys are doing it for real the rest of us are just playing ...

there are only a few people that are good enough to roll over 600 feet from a 300 foot approach and there are only a few guys that are good enough to win individual freestyle so if some one doesn't like that then that some one needs to step up and push the limmits....
I was just thinkin, do they let Supermotards take part in longest stoppie or any part of the comps for that matter?

Ive never seen or been anywhere near a comp, nothing down under!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
i'm working on my stoppies but they are scary with no damper. With DB it wasnt as bad but, with clip-ons now it wants to get headshake more easy
get a damper before you die.

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
I was just thinkin, do they let Supermotards take part in longest stoppie or any part of the comps for that matter?

Ive never seen or been anywhere near a comp, nothing down under!
i have heard a few comps that have amature classes let people run super moto's but any real proffesional class i would say no
Old 06-13-2008, 05:36 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-

I don't have a damper on my 07. I never go faster than about 40mph. Just trying to work on bp, not really distance.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by apfire26
I don't have a damper on my 07. I never go faster than about 40mph. Just trying to work on bp, not really distance.
it can happen at any speed once your at bp but yes it is safer to keep it under 40 with out one
Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

IT STILL BLOWS MY MIND WHEN I SEE SOMEONE ROLL A LONG *** STOPPIE
Old 06-13-2008, 05:41 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
IT STILL BLOWS MY MIND WHEN I SEE SOMEONE ROLL A LONG *** STOPPIE
when ever i watch one of the big dogs roll i think it looks fake...lol
Old 06-13-2008, 05:45 PM

when ever i watch one of the big dogs roll i think it looks fake...lol
yea it looks almost unreal
Old 06-13-2008, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
yea it looks almost unreal

It seems impossible.
But yet a coaster wheelie seemed impossible to me a year ago too.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

anybody remember sillyneck blazing some longs ones at stuntwars '06 while battling retarded crosswinds???
Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Long stoppies on slopped terain is unreal. I can barely cope with the slight slope of a road, much less at stuntwars.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:58 PM

Long stoppies on slopped terain is unreal. I can barely cope with the slight slope of a road, much less at stuntwars.

i don't know how they ******* do it . the two guys i ride with roll a good distance (not like comp stoppies) but i bet they could do 100ft if the lot was bigger and smooth. i just watch them with my jaw on the ground
Old 06-13-2008, 06:02 PM
also known as OMR

i couldn't win a longest stoppie contest but if they went the other way at stuntwars in lakeland i could probably get top 3 on a good day , they run the stoppie comp so the track slopes down to the left and all the roads are slopped down to the right so i feel more comfy going the other way like the roads
Old 06-13-2008, 06:04 PM

i couldn't win a longest stoppie contest but if they went the other way at stuntwars in lakeland i could probably get top 3 on a good day , they run the stoppie comp so the track slopes down to the left and all the roads are slopped down to the right so i feel more comfy going the other way like the roads

Man, then I'd really be thrown off.
Like it matters though, on a good day with no slope I could maybe hit
100ft
Old 06-13-2008, 06:12 PM

Man, then I'd really be thrown off.
Like it matters though, on a good day with no slope I could maybe hit
100ft

that's nothing i can hit 10ft on a good day . then again my fork seals r shot so the bike just dips which is ****** me up, and i don't practice them that much.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
also known as OMR

i have gone past the 550 mark at lakeland during practice going the way they go but going the other way i have rolled to the corner but i was picking up where ever i wanted going my way cause there is no pick up line when your going the wrong way
Old 06-13-2008, 06:15 PM

i have gone past the 550 mark at lakeland during practice going the way they go but going the other way i have rolled to the corner but i was picking up where ever i wanted going my way cause there is no pick up line when your going the wrong way

That gpr must be workin good for ya.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:16 PM

i don't think i'll ever hit the 550 mark.

Quick Reply: Whats happening to the Stoppie game?