f4i oil pickup - EDIT: nevermind - delete this

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:08 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person
f4i oil pickup - EDIT: nevermind - delete this

absoultely can't get in touch with mr. ryan smith and all the shops i know of are out of stock.

i you know anyone or any shop that stocks em, please PM ME!!!

EDIT:
nevermind, i just got word that someone got a hold of ryan, srry for the post

Last edited by DirtyToes; 06-13-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:03 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i oil pickup - EDIT: nevermind - delete this

you don't need a oil pick up for hondas anyways. Just put in a 1/2 quart extra
Old 06-13-2008, 11:50 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SIC J
you don't need a oil pick up for hondas anyways. Just put in a 1/2 quart extra

This is true, but that doesn't eliminate the lack of correct oil pressure.

Have you ridden an f4i with an oil pickup? It's like night and day. No boggy tractor hesitations. Same goes for suzukis.

I don't even look at the oil pick up to save the actual motor. I look at it as a way to make all the idle tricks waaaaaaay smoother.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

my idle pulled great with the f4i I had. Maybe cuz it was from NY or something. I know the Cali ones people complain about.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:34 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SAMBO
This is true, but that doesn't eliminate the lack of correct oil pressure.

Have you ridden an f4i with an oil pickup? It's like night and day. No boggy tractor hesitations. Same goes for suzukis.

I don't even look at the oil pick up to save the actual motor. I look at it as a way to make all the idle tricks waaaaaaay smoother.

I had one on a f4i

made no difference for me

only thing I noticed was, the bike would run on the bar forever without loseing pressure..

How often do I put it on hte bar? Well once so I could test my oil pickup!

If you want it to pull harder on idle, I'd first get spark plugs, adjust my valves, and sync my throttle bodies

IMO if you don't lose oil pressure, I don't see how the pickup could increase low end torque!

These motors aren't designed so you lose a little pressure.. You either have pressure, or you don't. Once you suck air you lose ALL pressure, it doesn't just 'drop a little and make you lose power'
Old 06-13-2008, 03:35 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still trying to figure out how you guys took my post as me saying the idle pulls harder with an oil pickup

I meant there's no bogging hesitation on idle tricks when your riding the brake and what not. As in smooth wheelies, not stronger pull. It stays consistent.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:20 PM

good info...i wouldn't know if it's needed or how the bike rides without one cause i've had a pickup on all the f4is i've ridden.

i've also heard from alot of ppl that it is smoother on idle WITH an oil pickup.

...regardless, the way i think about it is, $100 is NOT a big investment for something that COULD save your motor.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:11 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
good info...i wouldn't know if it's needed or how the bike rides without one cause i've had a pickup on all the f4is i've ridden.

i've also heard from alot of ppl that it is smoother on idle WITH an oil pickup.

...regardless, the way i think about it is, $100 is NOT a big investment for something that COULD save your motor.

i agree...thats why I attemted to purchase one from him over three or four months ago. I sent numerous emails out weeks later after he told me where to send him a check. No answer...Sent out message to him on stuntlife...no answer. Weeks go by. Finally I post up just asking pretty much if anyone knew him and how to reach hm. some dude helped out a lil...at least I got threw to him by a third person. He just dont care....and thats shady business! I dont think I can ever trust a company that will steal from a paying customer....I dont care how great of a product they make! He didnt even bother to send me some old busted broken pos pickup.. At least I would have got something for my money

Last edited by zride; 06-13-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by zride
i agree...thats why I attemted to purchase one from him over three or four months ago. I sent numerous emails out weeks later after he told me where to send him a check. No answer...Sent out message to him on stuntlife...no answer. Weeks go by. Finally I post up just asking pretty much if anyone knew him and how to reach hm. some dude helped out a lil...at least I got threw to him by a third person. He just dont care....and thats shady business! I dont think I can ever trust a company that will steal from a paying customer....I dont care how great of a product they make! He didnt even bother to send me some old busted broken pos pickup.. At least I would have got something for my money
ya not sure what up with him. but when he did respond to my PMs, ryan was always on top of things.

i ordered my first pickup from him maybe 1.5 years ago, then i ordered another about 6 months ago. he was cool as **** and shipped it ASAP. 3rd one i ordered from 2 months ago, that was from ebay, got it quick cause they stocked it.

4th one i ordered about a month ago but the shop i got it from said they just heard from ryan 2 days ago. he's been missing in action for the past 4 months or so. i got mine shipped yesterday from texas so it should be on it's way, if you want one PM me next week and i'll tell you if i got mine and where to get it.