Flat bar vs Round bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:31 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: Flat bar vs Round bar

I Have A Round Bar, I Like It. I Was Thinking About Getting A Flat But The More I Think About It And From Reading This I'm Sticking With My Round Bar
Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

noone does bar tricks anymore. whens the last time you saw someone do a cliffhanger or an apehanger, especially in comp.. noone does that **** anymore
Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

I enjoy my round bar, never had any issues with it.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by RF_Josh
better find some wood to knock on or something

and if you are on a newer bike and the edge digs it will usually break your subframe. all of this i have seen with my own 2 eyes or have had it happen to me so im not hyping anything. I started with a flat bar and switched to round, imo round bars are best all around. unless you want to do bar tricks

and if your like most of the people that have just started stunting scraping 12 is what you want to do most. you dont think about needing to be able to control the wheelie before scraping.

not saying what your saying is a lie, you may be one hell of a rider and **** just comes naturally to you. but your average beginner will not have the same luck.

**** that i'm learning idle before i scrape.....on purpose at least.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:55 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I see it. Flat for shorty tails /subframe. Round for stock length tails.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Custom User Title

______ is a decent person

Well Im doing mine flat bar stock subframe braced non cut tail
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lee majors
noone does bar tricks anymore. whens the last time you saw someone do a cliffhanger or an apehanger, especially in comp.. noone does that **** anymore
if one's going to compete then i guess that matters, but i just wanna stunt and have fun. **** what everyone else is doing or not doing.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I've never had ANY issues with a flat bar digging in, or anything like that

Scrapes easy as can be.. I think people hype 12 bars up too much about how hard they are
+1 I agree. before I new how to ride I used to be all afraid of flat bars thinking its going to murder me if i hit it wrong. but once I was riding I learned scrapes in like two tries....

flat bars are just another piece of metal waiting to cut you up when you crash. I run round bar now. made it my self and it cost me about $4 bucks in material and took me about an hour to mock up n build.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
+1 I agree. before I new how to ride I used to be all afraid of flat bars thinking its going to murder me if i hit it wrong. but once I was riding I learned scrapes in like two tries....

flat bars are just another piece of metal waiting to cut you up when you crash. I run round bar now. made it my self and it cost me about $4 bucks in material and took me about an hour to mock up n build.
did u use a pipe bender to bend it? i need to make one for myself.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

round bars give a cleaner look if placed right. the only reason a flat bar would dig in is if u placed it too far out. my customm 12 bar is great, but i looped an 180 endo and the bar landed on me, no fun
Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 AM

KANE>NIN is a decent person

i got an 06' gsxr600, i was gonna probably just get the barely legal accessories flat bar for the reason there located real close to me so i can just go pick it up, I kinda want a round bar more but i'm not wait'n 8 weeks or more for warped toys to ship it out..
Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by KANE>NIN
i got an 06' gsxr600, i was gonna probably just get the barely legal accessories flat bar for the reason there located real close to me so i can just go pick it up, I kinda want a round bar more but i'm not wait'n 8 weeks or more for warped toys to ship it out..
get it from HAI or Sick Inno then, man. normally it takes 3 weeks or less... normally.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:16 AM

KANE>NIN is a decent person

yeah i wish i would have know that, iv been wait'n for my subcage since like early march, called em yesterday to see what up and they havent even gotten em in yet!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by KANE>NIN
yeah i wish i would have know that, iv been wait'n for my subcage since like early march, called em yesterday to see what up and they havent even gotten em in yet!
OMR would have been a good choice and u'd order that directly from OMR himself. i prefer dealing with the original maker.

if it takes too long, man, get ur money back. or call the manufacturer and ask them whats the hold up.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:35 AM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big ben
the only reason a flat bar would dig in is if u placed it too far out.
i think your misunderstanding whats being said about "digging in"
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

ur probably right, i dont really keep up w/ the terminology, just focused on my next competion so dont really have time to lean about equipment, i dont even like 12 bars or round,they're really only used for cliff and ape hangers, but who does those anymore?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trachito
did u use a pipe bender to bend it? i need to make one for myself.
I dont think any pipe bender will do it

your gonna need a hydraulic press to bend it

Although if you get the steel, and bring it to a local machine shop, they can probably bend it for ya for $20

Originally Posted by Kliewer
The way I see it. Flat for shorty tails /subframe. Round for stock length tails.
+1

Also when people talk about bars digging in, is that only a problem with bars that are designed so the SIDES stick out??

I don't think there is any way for my bar to 'dig in', as there is no 'edge' sticking out on mine' just flat sides

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/259/dsc03863mf6.jpg
Old 06-11-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I dont think any pipe bender will do it

your gonna need a hydraulic press to bend it

Although if you get the steel, and bring it to a local machine shop, they can probably bend it for ya for $20

+1

Also when people talk about bars digging in, is that only a problem with bars that are designed so the SIDES stick out??

I don't think there is any way for my bar to 'dig in', as there is no 'edge' sticking out on mine' just flat sides

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/259/dsc03863mf6.jpg
i think they mean the corner diggin into the concrete on a leaning wheelie.

i'll check into a shop bending it. these ******* try to charge for an hour of labor for the slightest thing, unless u know someone.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:27 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kliewer
or you could just be gangster like you and scrape straight subframe