Clutch is damaged please tell me parts i need

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 09:28 PM

preet083 is a decent person
Question Clutch is damaged please tell me parts i need

hi i own a 97 gsxr 750 and when i bought it the clutch was damaged because i would shift it to second and it would pop out so ive been reving it or going slow to get it into second so just today it popped out of second then i was in neutral and instead of slowing down and shifting when it was safe i forced it in but it missed 4 time and made a bad clang noise then finally got in. when i drove down street i was in first came of the gear and it doesnt move with hand relased off clutch then it jumps forward. .......so for a second gear clip problem what parts do i need to change on the clutch??????
Old 06-07-2008, 09:34 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough
Re: Clutch is damaged please tell me parts i need

Originally Posted by preet083
hi i own a 97 gsxr 750 and when i bought it the clutch was damaged because i would shift it to second and it would pop out so ive been reving it or going slow to get it into second so just today it popped out of second then i was in neutral and instead of slowing down and shifting when it was safe i forced it in but it missed 4 time and made a bad clang noise then finally got in. when i drove down street i was in first came of the gear and it doesnt move with hand relased off clutch then it jumps forward. .......so for a second gear clip problem what parts do i need to change on the clutch??????
sounds like a tranny problem. first check ur sprocket cover and there is the clutch arm in there. see if its messed up at all. mine was tweaked and fucked mine shifting up and ****. then if thats not it. check the clutch steels and springs..

or..... just give me the bike for parts :YEAH
Old 06-07-2008, 09:34 PM

zeerider is a decent person

If you're only having a problem with one gear that sounds more like a transmission problem. The clutch wouldn't cause second to pop out. Could be the gear, or the engagement dogs, or maybe the shift drum. Or something else. Take it to a mechanic.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:18 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

I hate trannys!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:10 AM

niles181 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like a shift fork to me
Old 06-08-2008, 12:17 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like the dog ears on your gears are busted. that or like others are saying..the shift fork could be damaged. Find other tranny gears to swap em out. Take it apart and check em out. Going to be a big project.
have fun with that.