moose eazy pull problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about
moose eazy pull problem...

i have done the clutch actuator mod and i had a raptor on there, but i prefer the moose but as soon as i put the moose on the clutch is TOTALY slipping and i adjusted the bottom and top to the max and still NOTHING!!! help!!! lol
Old 06-05-2008, 10:28 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: moose eazy pull problem...

i had the same problem when i put mine on my 636 with the clutch arm mod, but i just kept adjusting it and it finally stopped, not sure if it would make that much of a difference but did you try putting the stock adjuster on instead of using the one that moose gives you? my friend had to do that to his
Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

squid
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Afflicted
i had the same problem when i put mine on my 636 with the clutch arm mod, but i just kept adjusting it and it finally stopped, not sure if it would make that much of a difference but did you try putting the stock adjuster on instead of using the one that moose gives you? my friend had to do that to his
ill try putting the stock one on but i adjusted top and bottom all the way and it is still slipping like crazy.......and didnt with my raptor.....??
Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

clutch cable runs the exact same route as the old clutch?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by DURTY
ill try putting the stock one on but i adjusted top and bottom all the way and it is still slipping like crazy.......and didnt with my raptor.....??
you have it in the right setting and everything right?? if you put it on the wrong one the cable bends on the ignition and the cable isnt straight and it pulls and will engage the clutch

like i said i had the problem with my moose but stock lever with the clutch arm mod i had no problems, it was pissing me off so i know how you feel
Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

You positive you're adjusting it the right way? Both ends screwed all the way in?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
You positive you're adjusting it the right way? Both ends screwed all the way in?
ya everything seems correct im freaking OUTTTTT pretty pissed actually
Old 06-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

That's fucked up. I had no problems with my MSR at all.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:21 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

had the same thing with the F4i I picked up.....the part that holds the lower clutch cable mount needed to be bent to better line up with the clutch arm and it was golden.

also, if you make the clutch arm too long that could be a problem as well.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:24 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

damn, i wish i was there so i could cut your head off and **** down your neck.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:11 PM

Dstunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
damn, i wish i was there so i could cut your head off and **** down your neck.
dont make him turn green on you,oh and he likes apples and long walks on the beach
Old 06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sounds to me that you have made it too long to work with an easy pull try your stock clutch lever or shorten the mod ...

doing both the clutch mod and an easy pull on the 636 doesn't make sense to me because they both do the same thing [increase travel decrease pressure] on an f4i maybe it makes sense because there isn't enough room to make the clutch arm as long as the one on the 636

you must have play in the cable when you let go of the clutch lever or you are not letting the clutch fully engage and if you can't adjust the cable so there is play but still be able to disengage the clutch then your problem is either like i said the mod is too long to be used with an easy pull or your cable needs to be adjusted another way
Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

did you replace the moose adjuster with a stock 636 adjuster thats what i have to do with my f4i
Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Scott-
did you replace the moose adjuster with a stock 636 adjuster thats what i have to do with my f4i
im assuming it is deeper and alows the outter part of the cable to be closer to the lever ??
Old 06-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
im assuming it is deeper and alows the outter part of the cable to be closer to the lever ??
see that mean jess
Old 06-05-2008, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scott-
thats what i told him originally to do

and yeah roger exactly
Old 06-05-2008, 03:47 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

There's not much room for error with the clutch mod on the 636. If you need some more slack then take the clutch cable where it goes into that mounting rail on the side of the motor and take the nut on the front of it off. you'll get an extra 1/4" of free play. Worked for me.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:54 PM
also known as OMR

a little more involved but you can move the cable hold on the arm by grinding off the rivet that holds it and just drill a hole further forward and remount it ...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:30 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this same problem. I just used a grinder and made the adjuster nut thinner so I could adjust it further.

Quick Reply: moose eazy pull problem...