Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:05 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point
Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?

heard thru he loop Servin it up was guna be doing a show for the cycle gear grand opening june 21 in sacramento....of course bein from here and havin our team(idol riders) i had to find out more.....

neway talked to cycle gear and they said Kane was the big name for the show...ne validity to this? Darius, Kane?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 PM

MR.Blakk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?

yea im kinda curious. it sounds like fun to WATCH.

Last edited by MR.Blakk; 06-02-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 PM

MR.Blakk is an unknown quantity at this point

yea im kinda curious. it sounds like fun to WATCH.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Man I've about had it with Cycle Gear. This is the 3rd B.S stunt they have pulled on me since I've been dealing with them. Cycle Gear was the 1st job I ever had, 14 years old 1988 I was changing motorcycle tires for them. Fast forward to when SIU 1`came out and I was selling to them directly at a much better price than Impact. Docy had a fit and I lost the account. Ya give the money to the big bussines instead of supporting a local, hella cool. Then a year later or so they pull all the streetbike stunt vids from the shelves because of Illegal street wheelie's in the vids. But do they pull crusty 8&9 which have full segments of me killin the street? Nope. Then I have talks with them to make a vid without any streets, personally go to their main office and show them segments I had made and they approved it and said they would sell it. So I make SIU 4 with no street shots, duplicate a bunch of copies. When it's done I don't get any returns on the phone calls, no returns on the email. Then out of the blue a couple weeks ago they call me and ask if I will do a show for their grand opening if I was available. I agreed and then spoke over the phone and email to the person in charge of promotions. They said they had no barriers but caution tape only. They wanted a announcer, pa system and asked what I would charge. I quoted them 2k per day, 3 shows 15 min each. I dont get a reply for a week so I send a follow up email, no reply for another week. When I do get a reply here is what I got

Sorry for the very late reply. I am very sorry about that,
> with the
> Sacramento store opening, I haven't been at my desk
> that much. I wanted
> to thank you for reserving the time to come out for our
> Grand Opening
> weekend. Through a team leader we a street stunner that is
> going to fit
> within our budget. Next year when we have a bigger budget
> for a our
> Grand Opening, I will definitely give you a call.
>

First off the **** doesn't even make sense, but I got the gist of what they were trying to say. Very poor bussines on their part. If I wasn't in their budget they should have wrote me back and negotiated! I always try to aim a little high because you always end up getting nickel and dimed. I've supported them for 10 years, prob spent 20k easy at their stores, they've had me on rider support for 7 years and this is what I get? I'm sure it was some bullshit sponsor politics that played a big part in that. Either way I'm not supporting their stores anymore. They dont support stuntriding, they dont sell the videos
Old 06-02-2008, 11:55 PM
u been huffin?

haha i go to cycle gear for cheap oil....thas bout it! but the do mount a tire for free every once in a while(used to)

i was suprised to hear Kane was gunna b there? still waitin to hear from him....

wut can u do in this stunt game?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:56 PM
u been huffin?

suprised there will be no barries ect...the guy workin told me theyd love to have more riders? i wonder wut he meant by that....

they also said this whole thing was handled corporately...haha
Old 06-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
Man I've about had it with Cycle Gear. This is the 3rd B.S stunt they have pulled on me since I've been dealing with them. Cycle Gear was the 1st job I ever had, 14 years old 1988 I was changing motorcycle tires for them. Fast forward to when SIU 1`came out and I was selling to them directly at a much better price than Impact. Docy had a fit and I lost the account. Ya give the money to the big bussines instead of supporting a local, hella cool. Then a year later or so they pull all the streetbike stunt vids from the shelves because of Illegal street wheelie's in the vids. But do they pull crusty 8&9 which have full segments of me killin the street? Nope. Then I have talks with them to make a vid without any streets, personally go to their main office and show them segments I had made and they approved it and said they would sell it. So I make SIU 4 with no street shots, duplicate a bunch of copies. When it's done I don't get any returns on the phone calls, no returns on the email. Then out of the blue a couple weeks ago they call me and ask if I will do a show for their grand opening if I was available. I agreed and then spoke over the phone and email to the person in charge of promotions. They said they had no barriers but caution tape only. They wanted a announcer, pa system and asked what I would charge. I quoted them 2k per day, 3 shows 15 min each. I dont get a reply for a week so I send a follow up email, no reply for another week. When I do get a reply here is what I got

> with the
> that much. I wanted
> Grand Opening
> going to fit
> for a our
>

First off the **** doesn't even make sense, but I got the gist of what they were trying to say. Very poor bussines on their part. If I wasn't in their budget they should have wrote me back and negotiated! I always try to aim a little high because you always end up getting nickel and dimed. I've supported them for 10 years, prob spent 20k easy at their stores, they've had me on rider support for 7 years and this is what I get? I'm sure it was some bullshit sponsor politics that played a big part in that. Either way I'm not supporting their stores anymore. They dont support stuntriding, they dont sell the videos
That's gay as aids. **** them.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:01 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

> with the
> that much. I wanted
> Grand Opening
> going to fit
> for a our
>

**** em.......come to NY!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
**** em.......come to NY!
I would but I'm going to France June 28,29th. Need to practice my *** off!!!!
www.stuntbikeshow.com
Old 06-03-2008, 12:11 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by f4ibry
suprised there will be no barries ect...the guy workin told me theyd love to have more riders? i wonder wut he meant by that....

they also said this whole thing was handled corporately...haha
I've been doing this for a while so I can translate that for you for.

We would love to have more riders but us bieng a major corporation we just don't have it in our million dollar budget to afford to pay you to ride. If you want to ride for free then go right ahead.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:16 AM
u been huffin?

^^^^i know what they mean man...

just kinda funny how they word it....so corporately and all
Old 06-03-2008, 12:20 AM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

Sucks man sucks, on another note all you stunt riders doing show's for gas money need to stop it
Old 06-03-2008, 12:22 AM

> with the
> that much. I wanted
> Grand Opening
> going to fit
> for a our
>

Ive been runnin into this type of stuff lately also, WTF
Old 06-03-2008, 12:30 AM
u been huffin?

so will u boys be at modesto june 7 for the Hooligans or wut?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by f4ibry
so will u boys be at modesto june 7 for the Hooligans or wut?
maybe to hang out, dont know
Old 06-03-2008, 12:41 AM
u been huffin?

the after party should be fun!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 AM

DEBO is a decent person

The Economy is that bad........
Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 AM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

i actually stopped shopping at cycle gear when they pulled the street freestyle vids off the shelf (which was what, 3 or 4 years ago)....
Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

Darius that is hilarious....and I couldnt agree with you more.. Cycle gear is a joke. I worked their recently and understand the bs politics crap. It was cool at first then saw how the managers were being and corporate policies and their bs and I couldnt get out of there quick enough. Learned what parts of the store are worth a damn, which is very little, and what parts are a waste of space. it was good school for what I am going to do for my business that will fully endorse, sponsor, and embrace the stunt community...I look forward to the 2010 grand opening...more to come!

PS...I would be honored to be selling servin it up stuff and they should be as well..

Last edited by zride; 06-03-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:58 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

I've been doing this for a while so I can translate that for you for.

We would love to have more riders but us bieng a major corporation we just don't have it in our million dollar budget to afford to pay you to ride. If you want to ride for free then go right ahead.
it actually translates better as " We had another rider/team hit us up and willing to do it for cheap/free, their new and want to get their name out, so we'll save money and give them a chance"

Originally Posted by Alex Flores
Sucks man sucks, on another note all you stunt riders doing show's for gas money need to stop it
Glad i'm not where you guys are, cuz i'd venture to say, it's worse than it is here.... Pisses me off everytime i hear " We had so and so come out for 200 and they did a shitty job"

Or the ever, " it's not in our budget, but we'd love for you to come out anyways, we think it'd be a great asset to our venue" so great that it's not worth paying for....

Quick Reply: Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?