Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Re: Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
ah dont get me wrong i still have a blast but i was just saying how it used to be way more care free. almost like when we were kids and had no responsibility
Old 06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Darius,

i charged my standard day rate for a ONE day show. which is all i am booked for, and no they did not get the kawasaki coop cause cyclegear is not a kawasaki dealership, i was mistaken when i said that to you...
and my agent only takes 15% not 20...

and there is no such thing as "locked in" until contract is in hand and signed. even then people flip and fold all the time

regardless im not getting into finacial pecking order stuff online hommie, and i can assure you my agent did not bad mouth you on the phone to them. that is childish, and not the way I nor He work. Sorry you feel he swooped "your" show but.. bro... is it that hard to believe that the venue simply was more interested in my program than yours regardless of pricing!?

and GSE nick... this stuff really still is fun for me mate!! it just USED to be harder! lol

-kane
I wasn't talking financial here either Kane until you stated you were charging almost double, which isn't the case.

The fact is I was the one who they had in mind, I was the 1st person that they thought of when they wanted a stunt show, not you!

So don't get it twisted thinking "your program" is what got you the show! No, it was your agent who convinced them you were the one, not by your rep alone!! If that was the case I would have never been contacted in the 1st place!! Now somewhere in between me talking to them and your "agent" talking to them I'm out of the deal. Fair enough, but it's still a BS when riders who do this **** themselves have to fight with office *******.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM

Halfrican is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
You do show's for burrito's!!!
Burritos kick *** :YEAH
Old 06-03-2008, 07:28 PM

~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute

ah dont get me wrong i still have a blast but i was just saying how it used to be way more care free. almost like when we were kids and had no responsibility
Old 06-03-2008, 07:31 PM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
Getting your foot in the door for what, so that next year, those same venues will pay you what $200.... It's sad that you would think that your time and risking injury to yourself or others is worth nothing just so you think can get your name out. Get your name out by doing work, putting on good shows and setting the example. It's obvious that your shows can't be worth a **** if you've done more than one for free, because after the first one you should of learned there is alot that goes into it to make it a good show.

Sorry for the rant, but talked to a venue today and found out that i was almost undercut on a show that someone else booked for us retardedly cheap anyways... Because this group/rider wants to get his name out... So go **** yourself OTE or Cory Adam's whichever you wanna be called. Take your free shows to the carnival! Funny thing is, still got the show because they would rather pay money and know they are getting a good show vs chancing an idiot doing free show....

word of advice, if you don't think your riding is worth $, then you shouldn't be doing shows....

Good day
Damn, stuntlife is quick! Cory and i talked, apparently the promoter fed me some **** , so i will re cant my statement about telling cory to go **** himself until further notice, i hope no one holds this against me!

But like you said Kane, apprentice type ****, not hey, i'll just go do some free shows,
Old 06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

its nice not to not look at this as a profession and not have to worry about this stuff.

i just like to goto the lot and ride with friends. maybe get a few good shots...or clips. maybe throw it together for the love of riding.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 PM

the difference now is, some of us moved out of mommy's house and have bills to pay! Nothing wrong with being a little care free, but at the end of the day, it's nice knowing the hard work payed off with more than just a thanks for coming out!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 PM

Halfrican is a decent person

i do shows for handjobs from power lifting women. Their kungfoo grip is AMAZING!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:38 PM

~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute~Lynn~ has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-03-2008, 08:23 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with you a little Kane i dont have a easy up posters and big name sponsors but my bag of tricks is getting large im not a rookie anymore and i can definitly entertain a crowd
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
its nice not to not look at this as a profession and not have to worry about this stuff.

i just like to goto the lot and ride with friends. maybe get a few good shots...or clips. maybe throw it together for the love of riding.
+1
Old 06-03-2008, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
Getting your foot in the door for what, so that next year, those same venues will pay you what $200.... It's sad that you would think that your time and risking injury to yourself or others is worth nothing just so you think can get your name out. Get your name out by doing work, putting on good shows and setting the example. It's obvious that your shows can't be worth a **** if you've done more than one for free, because after the first one you should of learned there is alot that goes into it to make it a good show.

Sorry for the rant, but talked to a venue today and found out that i was almost undercut on a show that someone else booked for us retardedly cheap anyways... Because this group/rider wants to get his name out... So go **** yourself OTE or Cory Adam's whichever you wanna be called. Take your free shows to the carnival! Funny thing is, still got the show because they would rather pay money and know they are getting a good show vs chancing an idiot doing free show....

word of advice, if you don't think your riding is worth $, then you shouldn't be doing shows....

Good day
your right i should have been charging and im going to start
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 PM

BULLO 900 is a decent person

ALL YOU BIG NAME HOMO'S .....**** WHEN DID YOU GUYS STOP DOING THIS **** BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT...NOW IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!! GET REAL EGO RIDERS,ANYONE CAN STUNT YOU GUYS ACT LIKE THIS **** IS HARD ...HANDBREAKS,GEARS,AND DIRTBIKE BARS AND YOUR A STUNTER..SO DON'T GET ALL BUTT HURT WHEN SOME NEWBIE WHO CAN DO THE SAME TRICKS AND LEARNED THEM IN HALF THE TIME AS YOU WANTS TO DO A SHOW TO GET HIS NAME OUT THERE....UNDERBIDING SOMEONE WHO HAS ALLREADY GOT THE SHOW IS KIDDA GAY, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE THE THING TO DO NOW,NOT FOR ME AND MY GUYS BUT WHATEVER..

P.S YOU GUYS ACT LIKE YOU WON'T RIDE UNLESS FOR MONEY...BUT AREN'T U OUT EVERY WEEKEND IN A LOT RIDING FOR FREE I WOULD DO A SHOW LOCALLY FOR A LITTLE BIT OF CASH...**** I KILL IT EVERYWEEKEND FOR FREE WHAT THE **** IS THE DIFFERNCE...OHHHH I KNOW I STILL LOVE TO RIDE,NOT BLINDED BY THE MONEY SIDE!!

SORRY TO SAY BUT FOR EVERY O.G RIDER OUT THERE IS SOME NEWBIE THAT'S KILLING IT AND WAITING FOR THERE SHOT TO MAKE A NAME FOR THEMSELVES..............NO HATE IN 08 ....

I LOVE TO RIDE AND WILL RIDE FOREVER,MONEY OR NOT...BITCHES!!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:56 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

I wont announce for free.. lol

www.stuntride.com
Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

haha ^^^
Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Vetter

Life is too short to worry about retirement. Make love and wheelies!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

sure he will, well almost, just get him some krispy kreme
Old 06-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by BULLO 900
ALL YOU BIG NAME HOMO'S .....**** WHEN DID YOU GUYS STOP DOING THIS **** BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT...NOW IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!! GET REAL EGO RIDERS,ANYONE CAN STUNT YOU GUYS ACT LIKE THIS **** IS HARD ...HANDBREAKS,GEARS,AND DIRTBIKE BARS AND YOUR A STUNTER..SO DON'T GET ALL BUTT HURT WHEN SOME NEWBIE WHO CAN DO THE SAME TRICKS AND LEARNED THEM IN HALF THE TIME AS YOU WANTS TO DO A SHOW TO GET HIS NAME OUT THERE....UNDERBIDING SOMEONE WHO HAS ALLREADY GOT THE SHOW IS KIDDA GAY, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE THE THING TO DO NOW,NOT FOR ME AND MY GUYS BUT WHATEVER..

P.S YOU GUYS ACT LIKE YOU WON'T RIDE UNLESS FOR MONEY...BUT AREN'T U OUT EVERY WEEKEND IN A LOT RIDING FOR FREE I WOULD DO A SHOW LOCALLY FOR A LITTLE BIT OF CASH...**** I KILL IT EVERYWEEKEND FOR FREE WHAT THE **** IS THE DIFFERNCE...OHHHH I KNOW I STILL LOVE TO RIDE,NOT BLINDED BY THE MONEY SIDE!!

SORRY TO SAY BUT FOR EVERY O.G RIDER OUT THERE IS SOME NEWBIE THAT'S KILLING IT AND WAITING FOR THERE SHOT TO MAKE A NAME FOR THEMSELVES..............NO HATE IN 08 ....

I LOVE TO RIDE AND WILL RIDE FOREVER,MONEY OR NOT...BITCHES!!
Just because some like to ride and make money doesn't mean we don't love it. The point is, we love it so much, we wanna do it full time, and no one can do it by free shows. I'll ride whether i'm making $ or not, but i'd rather make enough to not work 40 and then hit the lot. So what's wrong with that idea?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

bullo come on now, you know i love to ride.. problem is at the end of the month i have a big *** truck payment, mortgauge, insurance and electric just like everyone else.. VISA doesnt do well with "can i wheelie off some of my debt" haha..

sucka! holler blocks!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:45 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
bullo come on now, you know i love to ride.. problem is at the end of the month i have a big *** truck payment, mortgauge, insurance and electric just like everyone else.. VISA doesnt do well with "can i wheelie off some of my debt" haha..

sucka! holler blocks!
You got a point with that statement.

BUT, I gotta disagree with you on doing the free shows. I do understand that you went through this and did free shows or just for gas and things like that. The difference is, that was 2002, its 2008 now and stuntriding has come a LONG WAYS. People like you, Darius, Star Boys, Paulie, Thomas, Teach etc have helped pave the way for new and upcoming riders. Because of the things guys like you did, stuntriding was taken to the next level in which stunters should get paid for their talent and skills.

And you're right, its not all about just being able to kill it on the bike. You gotta have the right business skills as well. If new stunters keep doing free shows "just to make a name for themselves", then it slows the progression of the sport down.

When you do a free show, then I don't think you should go out there and display EVERYTHING you got. Let the company know, "if you pay me, the next show will be 100 times better".

And if they're not willing to pay you what you want, then like the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and let them know. A $250 show is going to be just that, a $250 show.

Thats just how we do it though.

Quick Reply: Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?