Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?

Originally Posted by Darius
Basiclly Kanes agent, since he doesn't book shows himself, dicked me out of the show. I'll have some words for his twiggly *** when I see him.

Whos kanes agent hook me up
Old 06-03-2008, 05:00 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Alex Flores
ok here we go, rookies 250, semi pro 500, pro that have put in work for many years 1000 and above per day each rider not including expenses. or just dont do the show ahhh I give up

This does not apply to full time riders, you guys can do anything for money
Lol... No one down here EVER gets 250 to do a show
Old 06-03-2008, 05:04 PM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Originally Posted by Scott-
i have only done a handful of shows trying to get my foot in the door and none have payed got one coming up in august thats going to pay. i mean **** how much should i be asking? i guess it all depends on the size of the show there just hard to pass up being that doing shows is somthing new to me.
Getting your foot in the door for what, so that next year, those same venues will pay you what $200.... It's sad that you would think that your time and risking injury to yourself or others is worth nothing just so you think can get your name out. Get your name out by doing work, putting on good shows and setting the example. It's obvious that your shows can't be worth a **** if you've done more than one for free, because after the first one you should of learned there is alot that goes into it to make it a good show.

Sorry for the rant, but talked to a venue today and found out that i was almost undercut on a show that someone else booked for us retardedly cheap anyways... Because this group/rider wants to get his name out... So go **** yourself OTE or Cory Adam's whichever you wanna be called. Take your free shows to the carnival! Funny thing is, still got the show because they would rather pay money and know they are getting a good show vs chancing an idiot doing free show....

word of advice, if you don't think your riding is worth $, then you shouldn't be doing shows....

Good day
Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by Alex Flores
You speak with wisdom , sir nags
You do show's for burrito's!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the low ball problem last year. But this year people are willin to pay for a stuntshow. Got 2500 for a 3 man stunt show last month. 2days.

A couple more 300 one day shows. per rider.

Some of the stunt undercutters are fadin out around my way.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:09 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
word of advice, if you don't think your riding is worth $, then you shouldn't be doing shows....

Good day
Good ****!!:YEAH I'm soo ******* tired of the exposure line! Even though nobody says that **** to me anymore I've heard it soooooo much in the past. I still have friends I know that will go ride for peanuts. Just had a friend tell me he did a 2 day show for $250
Old 06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

just for the record i didnt low-ball.. in fact i charged almost double what darius was charging....

personally i dont mind getting low-balled anymore, i feel at this point in my career, if a venue is going to hire me, its cause they want me there and will pay what i charge, if they are going to take someone else simply cause they are cheaper.. thats cool. they must not have really wanted me there and to be honest it probably wasnt worth my time anyways..

scott, not charging for a show is exactly what you should be doing. youve only been stunting what? this is your 2nd year. I mean your getting a few good tricks under your belt, but your not really bringing the entire package to the table, and therefore shouldnt charge what people that are, do.. make sense? but as your show exp goes up eventually you get to a point where you decide free isnt what your worth anymore.. and it increases from there.. kuddos to you for doing what should be done.

since LVX 1... stunters have always been the "i can wheelie a block... pay me" kind of people and never really do the work required to get the check!

..from 2002 where i would drive 10 hours on my own dollar to do a free show... til now, where i charge what i know i am worth...

make wheeeeelies!

-kane

Last edited by Kaneone; 06-03-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
just for the record i didnt low ball.. in fact i charged almost double what darius was charging....

-kane

yeah, but anyone that wears that much pink and still smiles, now that's worth money j/p

I wouldn't care if i lost an account cuz of a better rider/performer, it is what it is, but to lose one cuz someone is willing to do a half *** cheap/free show and make what some of us do look retarded, it just burns me up! They fail to see that they ruin that venue/promoter and the public's eye on stunt shows... and it screws us all in the end!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
You do show's for burrito's!!!
Oh yeah cabron, I was eating one in siu 2, then blew your wig off with that rev limiter coaster:YEAH
Old 06-03-2008, 05:33 PM

scott, not charging for a show is exactly what you should be doing. youve only been stunting what? this is your 2nd year. I mean your getting a few good tricks under your belt, but your not really bringing the entire package to the table, and therefore shouldnt charge what people that are, do.. make sense? but as your show exp goes up eventually you get to a point where you decide free isnt what your worth anymore.. and it increases from there.. kuddos to you for doing what should be done.

-kane
and just for the record, i think you are retarded for that statement...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
and just for the record, i think you are retarded for that statement...
explain?
I come from a body piercing/tattoo studio background, and in that world apprenticships are the only way to get into the industry. and while an apprentice it means basically you work your butt off for free, while you learn all thats included with being a proffessional. I had the same approach with Stunt riding, as I learned much of what I do now through everyones favorite stunt rider Pauly Sherer back in the day. on the same note, isnt it a coincidence that every rider Jason Britton has had on his team has learned from him and done there best (some quite successfully) to go out and make a name on their own afterwards.

knowledge is power, and in making this "sport" a career and not a hobby, the knowledge needed is a lot more than just making wheelies.

ive had many learning expieriences in the past to get me to where i am now, from free shows, to undercutting, to being undercutt, long travel for nothing, the "exposure" game.. across the board there are many things to learn if you want to pursue this proffessionally, much like a garage band has a lot to learn before being a headliner.. and its not just "how to do a wicked guitar solo"

if all your bringing to the table is upside down backwards circle wheelies.. your not on par with even some of the lesser skilled but much more proffessional riders out there, that are charging much more for shows...

-kane
Old 06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
ummm ok, so sounds like someone isnt that secure in his sexuality, pinks just a color hommie
yes.pink is just a color, a very gay color.and as far as my sexuality,100$ says my chic is ten times hotter than any girl you ever drooled over thru your binoculars.dont make me post up a pic of her,dude she is smokin hott!!!!! and no i am not insecure about my sexuality just very against pink .comprende holmes?you ever see the old lvx vids? two words= square boyz
Old 06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by loogie
yes.pink is just a color, a very gay color.and as far as my sexuality,100$ says my chic is ten times hotter than any girl you ever drooled over thru your binoculars.dont make me post up a pic of her,dude she is smokin hott!!!!! and no i am not insecure about my sexuality just very against pink .comprende holmes?you ever see the old lvx vids? two words= square boyz
psssst square boyz was a joking spoof on the FTP1 starboyz Fox interview at the end of the "special day" VHS. it was supposed to be funny, and gay looking.. do you remember scott caraboolads hair 10 years ago!? dude had his navel pierced come one!!
(haha sorry scott!! )

Pink is a great colour.. i built a career off of it. it changed my life.

.. and im sure your woman is very spectacular.. i like hot girls.. your should invite her to the show also..
Old 06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve

i like hot girls.. your should invite her to the show also..
BRING BACK KITTY !!!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:00 PM
SERVIN IT UP

You charged almost double?? I posted I asked 4k, you told me you asked $3500 plus expenses but then you doubled back and said 1k of that was from Kawi. Plus the fact your agent takes 20% of that. You've had the contract for 2 weeks? I have emails going back more than a month. I had the show locked in untill your weisel of a agent caught wind of it and that's a fact. I know he bad mouthed me right out of the deal, I'm not blaming you Kane as that's what agents are for. But it's just another example of the differences between you and me.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by loogie
I got a $100 on it, go ahead and post a pic, we can put up a poll.

Oh and no bullshiting going on google and looking for some bitch youve never met. Saying **** like JLos my baby mama.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

3500 or even 4 gs for a one day show is killing it! hats off to yas. and yes i think you guys are worth it. ive watch a lot of careers over the years and you guys are doing great. its just plain crazy these days tho. i remember having to actually learn a trick when a hand break was only for the guys killing it. and if i had a hand brake before i learned everything else i you got clowned. i remember the come up! maybe a little late but not much. now days the road has been paved so its easy for these new punks to slap a hand brake on there 600 and go do circles and think they should get a show over us just cause they can do some combos! then under cut! when u got all the tricks in my bag and put the time in i have then holler at me. anyone remeber riding 1000s? or when the 900 was the **** then oh damn the 929 is the best stunt bike ever! anyone remember when the first time u seen someone scrape tail! and think holy ****! lol I just sit back and look at what this sport is turning into, what this SITE has turned into. its all going down the ******* due to ******* haters! the drama is off the hook! anyone remember how much fun this stuff REALLY used to be?

Last edited by GSE Nick; 06-03-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Darius,

i charged my standard day rate for a ONE day show. which is all i am booked for, and no they did not get the kawasaki coop cause cyclegear is not a kawasaki dealership, i was mistaken when i said that to you...
and my agent only takes 15% not 20...

and there is no such thing as "locked in" until contract is in hand and signed. even then people flip and fold all the time

regardless im not getting into finacial pecking order stuff online hommie, and i can assure you my agent did not bad mouth you on the phone to them. that is childish, and not the way I nor He work. Sorry you feel he swooped "your" show but.. bro... is it that hard to believe that the venue simply was more interested in my program than yours regardless of pricing!?

and GSE nick... this stuff really still is fun for me mate!! it just USED to be harder! lol

-kane

Last edited by Kaneone; 06-03-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:52 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Darius,

i charged my standard day rate for a ONE day show. which is all i am booked for, and no they did not get the kawasaki coop cause cyclegear is not a kawasaki dealership, i was mistaken when i said that to you...
and my agent only takes 15% not 20...

regardless im not getting into finacial pecking order stuff online hommie, and i really doubt my agent bad mouthed you on the phone. that is not the way I nor He work. Sorry you feel he swooped "your" show but.. bro... is it that hard to believe that the venue simply was more interested in my program than yours regardless of pricing!?

and GSE nick... this stuff really still is fun for me mate!! it just USED to be harder! lol

-kane

ah dont get me wrong i still have a blast but i was just saying how it used to be way more care free. almost like when we were kids and had no responsibility
Old 06-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
ah dont get me wrong i still have a blast but i was just saying how it used to be way more care free. almost like when we were kids and had no responsibility
i feel ya there, now-a-days when i want that free responsibility go have fun and not worry about a thing riding expierience... i take out the KX and go hit some trails and dunes...

-kane

Quick Reply: Kane?Cycle Gear grand opening sacramento?