just switched back to clip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:48 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
just switched back to clip-ons

went from my trusty renthal ultra lows to the Vortex 7 degrees clip-ons. They felt really weird at 1st but it tooks a few minutes and i was used to them. I cant quite get my controls setup the way i would like and the front end feels heavy in the air when moving the bars

A race body is next :YEAH
Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 PM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: just switched back to clip-ons

i like clip-ons better than any set of db i've ever tried.

i like the FI 0deg.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CHADf
i like clip-ons better than any set of db i've ever tried.

i like the FI 0deg.
I was riding at a tiny circle spot basically. I wanna see how pull throughs go. Fixed my bike so there is no more shutting off:YEAH
Old 06-02-2008, 03:35 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Post a pic of the setup.

Where are you having issues? We basically have the same setup now
Old 06-02-2008, 04:00 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by nags
Post a pic of the setup.

Where are you having issues? We basically have the same setup now
cell pic,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_060208_001.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	210213  
Old 06-02-2008, 04:02 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

well ****, thats exactly the same as mine. What the problem is?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Do you not have the lock washer thing on your Moose?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:04 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

nope, it never moves without one. Its my banjo fitting on the line, I need a different angle + the line is waaay to long from the previous owner
Old 06-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Just route it different.

The clutch cable never moves? My adjuster is butting up against the Magura and causing me to have the lever and HB a bit farther apart than I'd like. I was thinking about grinding the adjuster down a little
Old 06-02-2008, 04:14 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I have the clutch side. Bout to go test ride a clapped out F4
uggghhhhh
Old 06-02-2008, 04:18 PM

Ah, I see that.

Can you swap the bleeder and banjo like you can on a Brembo? I'd assume you can
Old 06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I dont run one either, and have never had a problem with it moving.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:22 PM

Well, I may have to give that a shot. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:27 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i just ground down the original adjuster. i tried to run no adjuster but it just felt weird, like there was a lot of play or something. only downside, all the adjustment have to be made below at the clutch arm

Name:	adjuster + banjo.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	210216  
Old 06-02-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by lee majors
yeah, i just ground down the original adjuster. i tried to run no adjuster but it just felt weird, like there was a lot of play or something. only downside, all the adjustment have to be made below at the clutch arm
Thats quite the fit.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:34 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

this turned into another handbrake thread
Old 06-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Thats cuz your issue was with your handbrake. If it was something else I'd be talking about that lol
Old 06-02-2008, 04:40 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

that along with notching out the gixxer master was the only way i could get them as close as i wanted them. + it feels butter that way. the zip tie is to keep the pull angle on the moose the same without it flexing.
i like my bike like my women, tight!

before:

after:

Name:	brake 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	210217   Click image for larger version

Name:	handbrake.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	210218  
Old 06-02-2008, 04:43 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I know Nags
I like my brake and clutch kind of spread out now
Old 06-02-2008, 04:46 PM

Mines like a 1mm too far apart, but I can't bring it any closer with the stupid adjuster

Quick Reply: just switched back to clip-ons