tank grip

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:28 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: tank grip

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
inolen i dunno how it slips off.. oliver has had his on for awhile an his fat *** never slips of... ***** stuck good! he used the primer... maybe its jus bad prep on yer tank
WTF!

Maybe it's all about the primer? I didn't use any of that.

My tank was fresh back from the painter, super clean surface, or so it seemed.

Last edited by inolen; 05-29-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 50slut
3M saftey walk works well its like griptape butt dont tear up your jeans!
its pretty cheap to, only a few bucks to do up your tank
Originally Posted by *Tanus*
yep, 3m saftywalk is the best Ive used
I noticed there are 7 different varieties of Safety Walk. Which one are u guys talking about?

There's the type for heavy duty treading on steps, then there's the walkway kind and then there's the bathtub kind!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

safety walk is the same damn thing as grip tape

only difference is there is a harsher grit on the safety walk....still rips pants ive used it.

I think i'll invest in the thing that is made for our bikes and is proven and works but thats just me
Old 05-29-2008, 12:35 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Originally Posted by inolen
WTF!

Maybe it's all about the primer? I didn't use any of that.

My tank was fresh back from the painter, super clean surface, or so it seemed.
what the **** WTF!
ya... even if its "fresh back from painter" doesnt mean its "clean" haha
ya they sell primer. oliver used it on two tanks an we ride allll the time an jumpn all over the tank an do problem at all an he had the sheets like you an cut to fit taNK so... get the primer man!

and to respond to tonys post...
i have used saftey walk an everything inbetween... i have been using surfboard foam grip sheot now... and if your doin alot of on the tank combos... atleast for me... i always have my levis rip at seams....
almost ever pair of pants has some wear at the seams... an its never rubed thru except with skateboard griptape... but i guess my *** has to much pressure hahahah i need to lay off the snacks i guess
Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Alright, thanks for the heads up guys.

I have full confidence in stomp grip if it can hold Oliver's *** and not slip

Ordered some primer and one of those snazzy built up pads to try out.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
what the **** WTF!
ya... even if its "fresh back from painter" doesnt mean its "clean" haha
ya they sell primer. oliver used it on two tanks an we ride allll the time an jumpn all over the tank an do problem at all an he had the sheets like you an cut to fit taNK so... get the primer man!

and to respond to tonys post...
i have used saftey walk an everything inbetween... i have been using surfboard foam grip sheot now... and if your doin alot of on the tank combos... atleast for me... i always have my levis rip at seams....
almost ever pair of pants has some wear at the seams... an its never rubed thru except with skateboard griptape... but i guess my *** has to much pressure hahahah i need to lay off the snacks i guess
dont lie you just like the but cushion from the surfboard pad... your a lazy boy stunna
Old 05-29-2008, 01:00 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Tony L
dont lie you just like the but cushion from the surfboard pad... your a lazy boy stunna
HAHAH i dunno what cushion your talkn about?!
i have knarest bruise on my *** from stall to frog to 50/50 on my 636... haha
Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

clean your tank first then apply the stomp grip it wont budge nor damage your paint

check out the new line from stomp with a kick tail on the rear for support this is the best yet

ask for the TL series

You can order the Dove Tails and the AAron Colton kits from HAIbikeshop. (sorry no TL kits at this time) We do not have the pictures posted at this time as Stomp has not sent me any pictures. I will have the dove tails in stock in about a week or so. Colton kits at this time will be taking about a week to a week and a half to recieve.

The Colton Signature Kits are going to be selling for $109.99 at this time.

The Dove Tails are going to be $29.99.

Hit us up if you are interested and well get one shipped out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Tice

HAIbikeshop.com
407-447-1176
Old 05-29-2008, 02:17 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Post pics asap
Old 05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Im surprised everyone doesnt have a piece of metal welded to the back of their dents yet. I really figured more people would have figured that out by now.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:31 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm not familiar with Stomp Grip, but at my old job we worked with 3M Double sided tape a lot and we used there Primer for it. Without the primer it would come off. With Primer, the tape would split down the middle years before it would EVER come off of what it was primed too.

I can only imagine the Stomp Grip with the primer would never move an inch.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

i pretty sure that stomp grip uses 3m adehsive. i think i remember the paper peeling of the back having the 3m logo on it.

but this is what ive seen guys (twite, borne, teach, and a few others ive seen in pics) use and i am starting to use it.

http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com...FQoRswodMSw3hg

its got a nice big tail kick and grips in wet too.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:55 PM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
Im surprised everyone doesnt have a piece of metal welded to the back of their dents yet. I really figured more people would have figured that out by now.
i value my nuts .. i think something like that would be no good
Old 05-29-2008, 02:55 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

If it's the same as the 3M ****.. The stomp grip will NEVER move.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:22 PM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

stomp grip uses 3M for sure. and i remember it being sticky as hell.! They do have in depth instructions that you should follow to the T. suface preperation is key. im ordering the full kit from hai monday. its pricy but im about to paint again and it will need it anyway. I think they are made for your bike also. so they will fit the curves and lines better with less cutting/waste.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:30 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

safety walk is the same damn thing as grip tape

only difference is there is a harsher grit on the safety walk....still rips pants ive used it.

I think i'll invest in the thing that is made for our bikes and is proven and works but thats just me
grrrrr...i was gonna say Gil has step grip on his bike, and it doesn't seem any different from regular grip tape.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
yep, 3m saftywalk is the best Ive used
+1 best **** i've used and its mad cheap
Old 05-29-2008, 06:55 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by Scott-
+1 best **** i've used and its mad cheap
Where do you find said 3m saftywalk ? Durty told me to use like bathtub grip that you get from wallmart and said its the *****.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Where do you find said 3m saftywalk ? Durty told me to use like bathtub grip that you get from wallmart and said its the *****.
true value hardware is were i got mine next to the grip tape
Old 05-29-2008, 07:04 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by Scott-
true value hardware is were i got mine next to the grip tape
It come in just black ?

Quick Reply: tank grip