*HELP* Reason with me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:54 PM

OhhhhDAM is a decent person
*HELP* Reason with me...

Plz dont flame, i know a lot of you will think this is ***** **** BUT its something im having trouble with...

I'm fairly new to stunting...been doing it about 3 months and i want to be the **** BUT just one question...

How do you guys get over the fear of ******* yourself up? I'll get it to bp but its like i have a mental block, like something is telling me to let it down EVERYTIME. I ******* hate it and i know i just gotta be ballsy, which i am when it comes to **** that doesnt have the potential to truely **** me up like stunting does...so how do you guys do it? How do you get amp'd up for it? What makes it worth it, worth the pain and downtime from injuries???

Also if you can post your story on your worst injury, how it happened and how long you were out etc that would be dope...

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:56 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *HELP* Reason with me...

just wreck... its realy not that bad
Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 PM

bigkapp is a decent person

***** ****!!!! HAHA nah bro, it all comes with the game... You stunt, your gonna wreck... And it can be that bad, im riding with torn ligaments and no acl from a wreck, but **** happens, get up and go at it again
Old 05-27-2008, 11:06 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

My worst injury was looping an endo at about 50mph. Snapped one of the bones in my forearm and couldn't use my arm good for about 3 months. **** even now my arm is extremely far from 100% and that was over a year ago. One thing to help you...get good at rear brake control. The more skilled you are the less afraid you'll be. If you know you can use the rear brake good then a lot of your fear goes right out the window.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:08 PM

HallFace929 is a decent person

The only way I got over that fear after my wreck was to stop thinking about it until it happens again. If you can't except the FACT that you are gunna eat it hard more then once then just stop tryin to stunt now. No pain no gain bro. I 12'd a sit down at about 50mph cuz I wasn't using the rear brake and broke my tail bone completely in half. I couldn't do anything but lay on my stomach and watch the ******* Price Is Right for 3 months. $1500 and a lil knowledge about the rear brake from the hommies on SL later, I was out bustin my *** learnin BP. The wont have that fear if you have a true passion for what you are doin. Now... GO PRATICE!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 PM

megathumpstar is a decent person

Haha! im new to the game too! Ive hit those same kinda stages but every night in bed i see myself doing new tricks and they seem so easy so i keep thinking bout it and slowy it becomes real. But i know im thinkin bout it too much when i started gumby circling the girlfriend durin sex!!!!!:YEAH As for injuries tis sport is way safer than motocross! i had a handlebar go clean thru my forearm!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 PM

Thanx for the tips you guys are badass:YEAH

HallFace bro...your advice is prime, i love it!

So of course im going to eat it and **** up, but what are the chances of ******* myself up so bad that i cant do it anymore? Cant do much anymore...thats whats truely buggin me

Getting hurt so bad that i have to stop...

Think the fact that someone bumped into the back of me at 75mph, causing me to wake up in the middle of the ******* road, being put into a damn ambulance on a stretcher completely strapped down AND totaling my bike has anything to do with me being a *****??
Old 05-27-2008, 11:39 PM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

have a safety meeting before you ride....and quit being a round mouth about it
Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 PM

Big Float is a decent person

Harness The Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 PM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

fear is your friend and your worst enemy! it will keep you from ******* yourself up and hold you back at the same time.
you just have to get over it. as for getting amped up, i used to watch the videos that made me want to ride the most, find the music from the videos i liked and put that **** in my ipod it actually helped me get pumped up.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:58 PM

like rob and big lways say, dont build a foundation on fear! it wil always be there every min ur not thinkin bout what ur doin. when im not ridin and watchin others go down it bugs me bad but when i am on the bike im thinkin bout what im tryin to accomplish. I only think bout the pain after it happens. its surprising what the human body can survive!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

do work son
Old 05-28-2008, 12:06 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

want to get amp'd = watch a az finest vid

want to get over fear = don't think about it.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:07 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by megathumpstar
like rob and big lways say, dont build a foundation on fear! it wil always be there every min ur not thinkin bout what ur doin. when im not ridin and watchin others go down it bugs me bad but when i am on the bike im thinkin bout what im tryin to accomplish. I only think bout the pain after it happens. its surprising what the human body can survive!
nicely said
Old 05-28-2008, 12:19 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I've been stunting since I was 18...... I was invincible..... just didnt put thought into crashing.... when you've been rockin wheelies since you were in diapers you stop thinking about it, you just do it.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:20 AM

my secret is like u have discussed, practice on ur ol lady! stil havin a hard time with the jump to high chair without her buckin!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

i got tired of looking like a ***** when i pull up next to a guy at a light and he wheelied his wheelied his *** off. then as previously stated i crashed a couple times and it wasnt so bad.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by YSRRider
I've been stunting since I was 18...... I was invincible..... just didnt put thought into crashing.... when you've been rockin wheelies since you were in diapers you stop thinking about it, you just do it.
then why are your wheelies so garbage
Old 05-28-2008, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by _DURTY
then why are your wheelies so garbage

Aww come on now, get off his nuts...

I mean look at his avatar, hes doing a BACKWARDS wheelie!! **** has to take skill!!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:57 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

Yeah your definitely being a *****. Are you a 120lber emo kid thats afraid his spine will snap in 10 places when he falls off doing a ss at 15mph??? Didnt think so. Listen...if you wanted it bad enough youd do it, pain is pain and it will always be with us, all through life. You can either except that and be a good stunter or run from it and not do much at all

Quick Reply: *HELP* Reason with me...