Best way to start 12'ing????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 04:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
Best way to start 12'ing????

what up fellas ... just wondering if you think its worth putting a little money into a 92/93 RR and start 12'ing it.. or is my $$ really better spent on a newer model ... what are the important differences? All the bike needs is a new motor, so I need some info on that too ... thanks
Old 06-20-2003, 04:37 PM

MI Xtremes Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best way to start 12'ing????

Originally posted by MEACHAM
what up fellas ... just wondering if you think its worth putting a little money into a 92/93 RR and start 12'ing it.. or is my $$ really better spent on a newer model ... what are the important differences? All the bike needs is a new motor, so I need some info on that too ... thanks
JUDGING FROM YOUR AVATAR, THE MOTORLESS BIKE IS A GIXXER??? DO YOU WANT TO SELL IT??WHAT GSX-R IS IT?
Old 06-20-2003, 05:01 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
My Take on 12's....

The bike really doesn't matter. That is the beauty of 12's...it all depends on the rider. I have seen just about every bike imaginable do a 12 with the right rider on it. Gearing your bike helps a bit, but over coming the fear of looping is your #1 battle while learing 12's. Once you scrap tail the 1st time without crashing it is all over from that point. The fear of looping will be gone and you can then concentrate on controlling the bike and slowing it down to a crawl. Just be sure to not panic and pull in the cltuch and keep it pulled in if you start to lose control of the bike. This normally helps minimize the damage caused to the bike .

Also, you may want to learn them standing up as it is easier to control it. After you get the feel of 12's standing it makes it a bit easier to learn them sitting down.

Now go Fu@k-up your bike and learn them 12's .
Old 06-20-2003, 05:45 PM

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point
JUDGING FROM YOUR AVATAR, THE MOTORLESS BIKE IS A GIXXER???
Well, that appears to be a ninja in his avatar, and in his post he says a 92/93 rr, which can only lead me to believe he was talking about a 93 cbr900rr. He might own a gixxer, but I believe he was loooking at buying an rr that needs a motor. Just thought I might try and clear things up for ya Dave.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:57 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Once you start twelving everything else gets boring real quick. Its gonna kick the crap out of your bike, so make sure you get a beater
Old 06-20-2003, 07:11 PM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
HAHAHAAHA ... first of all, we are talking about a 92/93 900RR here. second, my main focus was to find out if it is worth putting money into this bike to start 12'ing OR if it is much easier on a new year 900. I just have this one available now, but I wasn't sure if this model year is good for it or not .... thanks guys
Old 06-20-2003, 09:27 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
put a lil extra oil in it and your money-my f2 is 10 up und i scraped in the first hour, my advice is 1-baby steps and 2 be easy on the rear brake
Old 06-21-2003, 03:18 PM

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
yo meacham,
you prob remember me from last summer at the strip when me and wheelz got into a little accident. I geared my **** and I have been bustin 12's for about a month now. Started sitting then learned stagger step. I hear about phaseone all the time, and think its tight that you guys are getting your name out like that. Just like Jinny says its not the bike, my boy's bustin 12's on a 95 f3. just say **** it and rock that ****. cover that break and hold on. peace.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:38 PM

HAHAAHA ... what's up man. I was just talking to "wheelz" about you the other day ... he gives you his best wishes!! -- that's pretty cool that you hear about us "all the time" -- speaking of that, if you wanna get some of your boys together, we got a premeire for our video at the new Champions in Frederick. I think we're gonna have it the 12th of July (sat) ... gonna be pretty big. A major beer company (can't say name on here) is promoting it all over up here and are gonna be a big part of it too!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 04:39 PM

ND TO EVERYONE ELSE --- I am just wondering why everyone is having a hard time feeling my question here ......... The ONLY thing I was asking was the better 900RR model to 12 on ... the older ones or newer ones or does it make any difference at all????? I am not new at this AT ALL, just new to Hondas ... if you have NEVER 12ed on a ****ing 900, then please don't tell me anything you know nothing about ... is a newer model (96/97 and up) bettter, and if so in what way(s), or are they all the same???? thanks -------------------------
Old 06-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
93 is fine to 12 on. and actually the frame is a whole lot stronger. if you get a set of ontario upper and lower triple clamps it will put the handling characteristics on par with the last generation 9hundreds . put a little extra oil and don't rev the hell out of it and it should be fine
Old 06-21-2003, 06:10 PM

I am looking for a motor for it cause last one go BLOWED up ... 97 and newer the way to go or what??
Old 06-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
the older motors are don't handle being banged off the limiter very well other than that it doesn't make a difference
Old 06-21-2003, 06:51 PM

isn't there an oil pick up problem or something? I thought Honda made the important fix in like 97 or something???? where can I get a good motor??
Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough

I'm having the same problems....would a 93 RR be a good first bike for me?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:17 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Turtle
Ugh ........ this is a beast of a thread find ..
Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 PM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

haha holy thread digging turtle
Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Turtle
yes, I scraped my 93 rr (-1/+2) back in 01, as it came back down from 40 mph or so most of the lh side scraped too
Old 01-29-2009, 01:03 AM

RAMSTUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spark~R.O.C.
yo meacham,
you prob remember me from last summer at the strip when me and wheelz got into a little accident. I geared my **** and I have been bustin 12's for about a month now. Started sitting then learned stagger step. I hear about phaseone all the time, and think its tight that you guys are getting your name out like that. Just like Jinny says its not the bike, my boy's bustin 12's on a 95 f3. just say **** it and rock that ****. cover that break and hold on. peace.

now thats when stuntin was gangsta fo sheezy