First stunt competition in north america

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 04:33 PM

quinnfuglestvei is a decent person
First stunt competition in north america

hey everybody, I would like to say thanks for those of you who helped me with the names of some of the originators of stunt riding, it was a great help!

Next off, I am trying to figure out when and where the first stunt competition took place in north America? I am also trying to figure out the first official DVD created which involved stunt riding, as well as the first official stunt riding magazine and television show? I don't know if there were nay other magazines out before Super Streetbike, or a television show before Super Bikes? if anyone can help me out that would be great! Your name might show up in the acknowledgments of my honours thesis which is aimed at trying to find the origins and diffusion of stuntbike culture, and the stuntbike scene in North America! Thanks for your help everyone!

-Quinn
Old 05-22-2008, 04:43 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: First stunt competition in north america

doug democus (sp) first dvd would be a vhs probably las vegas extremes and official comps i dono, think stuntwars is the first major event.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:44 PM

i23theone23i is a decent person

Originally Posted by quinnfuglestvei
hey everybody, I would like to say thanks for those of you who helped me with the names of some of the originators of stunt riding, it was a great help!

Next off, I am trying to figure out when and where the first stunt competition took place in north America? I am also trying to figure out the first official DVD created which involved stunt riding, as well as the first official stunt riding magazine and television show? I don't know if there were nay other magazines out before Super Streetbike, or a television show before Super Bikes? if anyone can help me out that would be great! Your name might show up in the acknowledgments of my honours thesis which is aimed at trying to find the origins and diffusion of stuntbike culture, and the stuntbike scene in North America! Thanks for your help everyone!

-Quinn
Make sure to mention Wink 1100
Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

Woe you sound way to intelligent to be on stuntlife talking to stunt riders ha ha......

That is the first video i can remember was las Vegas extremes and it was vhs
Old 05-22-2008, 04:56 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

first vhs ??? hummm not sure what was first
" masters of mayhem " or starboys " FTP " thought both of those where Before LVX but im not sure .....
Old 05-22-2008, 06:21 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

pre sw, that one in ok that oldbert put on?