99-00 F4 subcage (SI)??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:59 AM

AcingTeam is a decent person
99-00 F4 subcage (SI)??

Hey guys... I'm just wondering if it'll fit or not. I know Powers makes a subcage for F4i/F4, they are advertising it as if it fits both models. However, I emailed SI to ask if an F4i subcage would fit an F4 model, and the response was no. Just wondering if anyone has tried it...

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:05 AM

G-Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 99-00 F4 subcage (SI)??

PM OLD MAN ROGER! He'll hook you up!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

heres the deal ..

the f4 peg brackets mount between two sets of tabs on each subframe rail and the f4i mounts on the outside of one set of tabs , the other difference is the mounting holes for the f4 are closer together then the f4i..

so in order to make an f4i subcage fit an f4 you just need to drill one hole on each mounting bracket of the subcage and instead of mounting the subcage to the out side of the tabs on the subframe you will slide the subcage in between the tabs on each side and then install either some washers or a spacer to make up for the thickness of the stock peg brackets...

this works with an OMR SUBCAGE ,im not sure about any other brands...

oh and if you have stock exhaust the mounting point is about an inch different but if you have an after market exhaust with a strap then it doesn't matter cause you can just slide the strap up an inch but if not a little straight piece of metal with two holes drilled in it will work just fine

i have f4i subcages in stock for $175 shipped if your interested send me a pm...
Old 05-20-2008, 01:56 AM

BigTim is a decent person

I chucked an OMR subcage on my F4 about a month ago. It was a little more involved than my mate's F4i, but still no real hassle.
It's mint, really solid.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BigTim
I chucked an OMR subcage on my F4 about a month ago. It was a little more involved than my mate's F4i, but still no real hassle.
It's mint, really solid.
glad your happy ..

did i miss any thing in my above post describing how it's done tim ?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
glad your happy ..

did i miss any thing in my above post describing how it's done tim ?
Nup, that was dead on
It takes a little bit of mucking around to fit the washers in the subframe bracket, but that's just an extra 20 minutes.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by BigTim
Nup, that was dead on
It takes a little bit of mucking around to fit the washers in the subframe bracket, but that's just an extra 20 minutes.
one wheel neal used 3/8 nuts for spacers and it looked like they fit perfect , if you ever have to take your subcage off again maybe try those ?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:32 AM

one wheel neal used 3/8 nuts for spacers and it looked like they fit perfect , if you ever have to take your subcage off again maybe try those ?
Damn, didn't even think of that. That should be heaps easier than trying to hold a bunch of washers together when you're putting the bolt in.
I'll give it a crack this weekend
Old 05-20-2008, 02:45 AM
also known as OMR

Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 AM

AcingTeam is a decent person

Awesome, thanks for replies guys. I did notice the mounting differences between the f4 and the f4i... but I still thought it could be done. Unfortunately I already purchased an SI one... I wish I had known that you're selling OMR ones. I guess I'll just have to do some fabrication... no biggie. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a OMR subcage on my F4 and I love it. Had to drill a couple extra holes, and use some washers to space it out, and where the exhaust bolts up to it I had to monkey around with that a bit. We threw mine on in about 30mins and wasnt that bad at all. So far everytime I drop my bike my pegs fold right up and havent broke a single peg. Subcage is solid as ****.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yup that was it. This way you dont have to stock up washers to make it fit. Works perfect. I could have actually used a bigger size nut but this was good enough.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Dam OMR posting up a pic of my ugly stunt bike with his cage. I always get in trouble when I do that lol.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:04 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Dam OMR posting up a pic of my ugly stunt bike with his cage. I always get in trouble when I do that lol.
this whole thread is about fitting an f4i subcage on an f4 so i doubt any one would get the wrong idea about the pic in this thread..