powerwash bike??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:42 AM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person
powerwash bike??

how do you guys usually clean your bikes? if you even clean em lol would takin it to the car wash and pressure washin it hurt any wiring or anything? what about just a hose and car wash and a mit? and rinse off with a hose?

Last edited by jordanv3122; 05-17-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: powerwash bike??

Ride in the rain.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:55 AM

BiLLyThaKidd is a decent person

my buddy did it and pulled the paint off the clutch cover.......******* gsxR's
Old 05-17-2008, 11:09 AM
motarded

is just a hose and soap ok? how do you guys clean your bikes?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Hose,shampoo,rinse, blow dry, Fabreez...
Old 05-17-2008, 11:28 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

hose, some of that car wash soap, and a mit....
Old 05-17-2008, 11:28 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I havent cleaned my bike in roughly 8 or 9 months. I bought the bike roughly 8 or 9 months ago
Old 05-17-2008, 11:46 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

only in certain places would I get up close with a power washer nozzle! Like on some parts of the exhaust or metal parst if they aren't painted. be careful around the obvious stuff like, fuse boxes and electric parts... dash and ****. I'm even careful around seats or the tail section where you know water is gettin on your Power commander....

But I have had them lift up vinyl decals on my aprilia(cuz I don't wash my stuntbikes a whole lot) and mess up stickers that I run...
Also I heard of people damaging wheel bearings and **** cuz the hollow rear wheel slots got blasted also. I just wouldn't want to force water into places that it wasn't meant to get under normal wet riding conditions on a bike you are trying to keep nice.

It's easy if you need to stop and take your hand and knock off some bugs just by rubbin and then put on more soap then rub more that's OK. I kinda stand back and move the wand alot foggin it more than hammering it hard...
They say in your owners manual to use one, but sometimes a garden hose and a bucket/sponge won't get it all, or isn't practical. So just be careful and use some common sense, and you should be fine. Anything you miss you can get with that bucket and follow up with Plexus and blam-O, everyone will be impressed by your bike's shine, and the way you'll be sliding off tank wheelies in no time! LOL

I take my **** to the carwash though... I have ben known to even stand back and fog it with wax and then get closer on some spot free rinse if I'm feeling ****!

*edit* I forgot to mention to avoid doin it if your bike is really hot... you can warp your rotors and **** like that.

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 05-17-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

pressure washer = grease remover..

Don't pressure wash the bike! Its bad for street bikes, and quads/dirt bikes..

It blasts the grease/lube out of the cracks and bearings.

For cleaning the plastics, your best off with just some soap, water, and a garden hose..

For de-greasing... Pickup some de-greaser (I use orangeblast) with a tooth brush..
Then rinse with soap and water
Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Towliee are you home? Hit me up, I got a question for ya. I may need your help some.

And go power wash you **** you puss!!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Towliee are you home? Hit me up, I got a question for ya. I may need your help some.

And go power wash you **** you puss!!
ya im at home

just woke up

I know not to power wash my ****. I'm the one that has to re-grease all my friends quads every month because they blast all the grease from their axle/swingarm everytime they wash their ****

edit: your pm box is full! Do you have Aim? If so, pm me your aol name!

Last edited by Towlieee; 05-17-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:19 PM
hunts and stunts

I know.. that's why I don't stand with it 1" away from my case and blast the **** out of it, or any part of my bike for that matter... but I cleaned out my PM box with a ****** power washer... LOL

I'm sending you one now.. and no aol here.....
Old 05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

i normally just use windex and a shop towel.....
Old 05-17-2008, 01:45 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: powerwash bike??

Originally Posted by mofat01
Ride in the rain.
+1 works wonders on cleaning break calipers n rotors 2 and its fun!
Old 05-17-2008, 01:46 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

yep windex and a terry cloth makes it glossy

Name:  Stuntbike014.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  100.3 KB
Old 05-17-2008, 03:19 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

simple green is money, dilute 50/50 spray on, let soak and scrub where need, wash off. Simple green is the active ingredient in most motorcycle cleaners.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

call ..... THE MEXICAN(s)
Old 05-17-2008, 07:55 PM
motarded

i use windex. just wonderin if i should use soap and a hose tho. ill use windex most and every once in a while hit it with the hose and soap. i already degreased it all with the motor out but then i had a lil antifreeze problem haha. made quite a mess. thanks guys