additional f4i help....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:33 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough
additional f4i help....

My bike still isn't running right from about 2 months ago when i got it back from getting the frame/swingarm/subframe powdercoated. I went through and checked all the grounds to make sure everything was ground out correctly and last night i swapped out my old wiring harness to a different one to make sure that that wasn't the problem. After starting my bike with the new harness it is still acting the same. It will only idle at about 1500 rpms and i can manually change the idle from the secondary screw on the throttle bodies to adjust the idle to whatever i want but eventually it will drop and return to 1500 rpms and the idle is not vibrating out. So i decided to take my throttle bodies off, noticed that when i sprayed brake clean on the two boots on the left the bike sort of died. After noticing this i ended up swapping those boots out for boots i had on a old motor that were on good shape. After tightening everything up and putting it back together, the bike still idles and acts the same exact way. Anyone else have any ideas of what this sounds like?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:46 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about
Re: additional f4i help....

do you sill have a trouble code in the computer? Try putting the air box on and spray carb cleaner on the vacum hoses. You might find one loose or cracked. Check and make shure that the secondary servo is working corectly.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:51 PM

didn't have any fi codes flashing with any of it off....i plugged in the airbox sensor
Old 05-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Man that sucks man. Hope you get it fixed. I have no idea. I'm trying to figure out why my fan won't turn on when the bike gets hot
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

check all hoses for vacuum leaks, inspect the throttle body boots well if they are rubber, bend them to see if any cracks become exposed. you may want to try a set of new spark plugs. my 900 used to eat spark plugs. when I bought my 900, it had been crashed and had an electrical problem, from all the cranking the plugs got so soaked in gas they fouled out. new set of plugs and it ran like new! then the battery got weak and I had a hard time getting it started, that killed another set of plugs. charged the battery, it was fine, next time i tried to start it, battery was weak again, killed another set of plugs. check all your spark plug connections, make sure those are good.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
check all hoses for vacuum leaks, inspect the throttle body boots well if they are rubber, bend them to see if any cracks become exposed. you may want to try a set of new spark plugs. my 900 used to eat spark plugs. when I bought my 900, it had been crashed and had an electrical problem, from all the cranking the plugs got so soaked in gas they fouled out. new set of plugs and it ran like new! then the battery got weak and I had a hard time getting it started, that killed another set of plugs. charged the battery, it was fine, next time i tried to start it, battery was weak again, killed another set of plugs. check all your spark plug connections, make sure those are good.
i put in new spark plugs about 3 weeks ago and rode the bike the weekend of king of the south. The bike idled decent in tn but when i was in a wheelie the bike had negative power. I felt like i was riding a humongous 50. I swapped out the boots for boots off of another motor and it was still acting the same way.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Stunt.ca

Fiks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Man that sucks man. Hope you get it fixed. I have no idea. I'm trying to figure out why my fan won't turn on when the bike gets hot
you should simply wire it so that the fan is ALWAYS on.

On my f4i, I soon as I turn the key at ON, the fan goes on... and here it is way cooler than in AZ so it's a must for you
Old 05-14-2008, 08:30 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn man...this is really gettin crazy....I feel bad for you
Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to replace you fast idle wax unit.....(stock idle element) once it goes bad or becomes unscrewed it throws of the idle like crazy...then the throttle boddies need to be adjusted ..

i had the same problem
Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Turtle
i put in new spark plugs about 3 weeks ago and rode the bike the weekend of king of the south. The bike idled decent in tn but when i was in a wheelie the bike had negative power. I felt like i was riding a humongous 50. I swapped out the boots for boots off of another motor and it was still acting the same way.
Did you get the GOOD plugs? the ngk ones for $10ish a piece?

If you got the cheap ones that fit, for like $4 or less, then that might be your problem.. I"ve heard nothing but bad about running cheap plugs in f4i's

Originally Posted by Fiks
you should simply wire it so that the fan is ALWAYS on.

On my f4i, I soon as I turn the key at ON, the fan goes on... and here it is way cooler than in AZ so it's a must for you
Watch your battery voltage and stator life...

I personally run mine on a switch.. that way in the lot, I can kick my headlights off, and only run the fan.

But on the streets, I run the headlight and not the fan..

at IDLE the bike doesn't charge good enough to run the fan and headlights.. So low rpm stunting, will lose charge
Old 05-14-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by havok
you need to replace you fast idle wax unit.....(stock idle element) once it goes bad or becomes unscrewed it throws of the idle like crazy...then the throttle boddies need to be adjusted ..

i had the same problem
are you serious? all you have to do is replace the stock idle adjuster? did it make your bike run like garbage and have the idle fluctuate and ****? I may need to get your number if you don't mind ....when i took my motor out of my bike it sat for a week or so and when i went to put it back in it was running extremely rich, i later figured out that the stock idle adjuster was somehow missing. We fabbed something up to fit in there. Does it have to be the stock idle screw for it to work correctly?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Turtle
are you serious? all you have to do is replace the stock idle adjuster? did it make your bike run like garbage and have the idle fluctuate and ****? I may need to get your number if you don't mind ....when i took my motor out of my bike it sat for a week or so and when i went to put it back in it was running extremely rich, i later figured out that the stock idle adjuster was somehow missing. We fabbed something up to fit in there. Does it have to be the stock idle screw for it to work correctly?

yea man my bike ran like **** the idle jumped every where and wouldnt stay at what i wanted it to(this is before i did the 2nd ilde mod) so what happend is the fast idle wax unit controls the air to fuel mix and when igoes bad it throws off the throttle boddies...
just replace the whole unit...i believe it was $30 bucks...

Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM

#8 if im correct
Old 05-14-2008, 11:29 PM

****, i'll definitely check that....when we went to put the motor back in i was missing the idle adjuster for some odd reason, don't know if when i dropped the motor it got stuck on something or not...hoping it isn't stripped out and i need to get new tb's
Old 05-15-2008, 12:50 AM
I JUST WANNA RIDE

BOYD is a decent person

make sweet love to it like u used to and guarantee it will back to the norm
Old 05-15-2008, 04:38 AM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
test the temp sensor and check the fuse.:YEAH