New upper stay with Hohey

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:30 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New upper stay with Hohey

Originally Posted by DICK-HEAD
there was alot of screwing off going on there like drinking, fireworks, riding. welding frames, subframes, eating.

the 03-04,s are already on the website and more coming you will see.

Buy American

i am not calling you out either but i know it was you that was asking me to get you one built also

plus we did not start on it until 4 pm
Yeah if i got it cheep but i would rather have the Johnny P stay.
You know that.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:13 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

those welds are sweet, it looks like they'll break before the fairing. are they like the impact absorbing crumple zones on a car, to keep the rider safe?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 PM

TheHoosierCrew is a decent person

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
that **** looks hella ghetto

compared to jhonnyP
It's a ****** fairing stay not a part off a nasa space ship you picky bastard! The 905 stays look like **** to, no really they look like some welder took a **** on them and sprayed painted them!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:08 PM

Johnny p needs to start making parts for NASA!....nobody can afford that **** unless your sponsord like dan! Aluminum is a stupid idea it would take to much money and time to make that thing even though it's nice. somebody needs to make a company called redneck steel that makes all kinds of parts like stays, rearsets,tripples, bars, and cages out of steel and spray paint them. Because then you could sale that stuff for dirt cheap and every broke *** stunter would buy that **** because it's just as strong! Every body knows that 90% of stunters are broke anyways! It would work maybe.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheHoosierCrew
Johnny p needs to start making parts for NASA!....nobody can afford that **** unless your sponsord like dan! Aluminum is a stupid idea it would take to much money and time to make that thing even though it's nice.

wtf? Did you not notice that the steel ones cost $250 just like JohnnyP's do?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:33 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

I don't see how a company can a sell a product with welds that nasty and then pipe that wasn't even notched before welding it together. It's hacked up crap.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Beto
wtf? Did you not notice that the steel ones cost $250 just like JohnnyP's do?
I'm not comparing jonny p's to 905 i'm comparing him to something somebody could make like omr and sale for way cheaper because you know it would be cheaper to make it out of steel. The welder alone you need to weld aluminum the write way is a miller synchrowave welder and that cost about $3,000 plus you need a tank of solbrite to dip it in to get the aluminum oxide off of it. If you want to weld a bunch of them at a time you also need a water cooled tig rig and that is about another $1300 dollars for a cheap one. You need a $350 welder to weld a steel one and you can get the steel at any machine, welding, fabricating, etc. shop for cheap. Which means any body could make them for cheap and sale them for cheap and they would probably end up making a fortune because almost all stunters are broke asses!!! The reason why i don't do this is because i weld boiler tubes in power houses and i make plenty of money to keep me riding and that is all i need! Next time read the hole thing dumbass!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not comparing jonny p's to 905 i'm comparing him to something somebody could make like omr and sale for way cheaper because you know it would be cheaper to make it out of steel. The welder alone you need to weld aluminum the write way is a miller synchrowave welder and that cost about $3,000 plus you need a tank of solbrite to dip it in to get the aluminum oxide off of it. If you want to weld a bunch of them at a time you also need a water cooled tig rig and that is about another $1300 dollars for a cheap one. You need a $350 welder to weld a steel one and you can get the steel at any machine, welding, fabricating, etc. shop for cheap. Which means any body could make them for cheap and sale them for cheap and they would probably end up making a fortune because almost all stunters are broke asses!!! The reason why i don't do this is because i weld boiler tubes in power houses and i make plenty of money to keep me riding and that is all i need! Next time read the hole thing dumbass!
I don't think you're reading the whole thing, genius.

JohnnyP is selling his for a bargain at $250, yet these other people that you are speaking of (that are making them out of steel) ARE STILL CHARGING $250.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:44 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by inolen
I don't think you're reading the whole thing, genius.

JohnnyP is selling his for a bargain at $250, yet these other people that you are speaking of (that are making them out of steel) ARE STILL CHARGING $250.
thank you! I wasnt going to bother replying since I figured he didnt understand
Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Johnny p needs to start making parts for NASA!....nobody can afford that **** unless your sponsord like dan! Aluminum is a stupid idea it would take to much money and time to make that thing even though it's nice. somebody needs to make a company called redneck steel that makes all kinds of parts like stays, rearsets,tripples, bars, and cages out of steel and spray paint them. Because then you could sale that stuff for dirt cheap and every broke *** stunter would buy that **** because it's just as strong! Every body knows that 90% of stunters are broke anyways! It would work maybe.
What's stronger Steel or aluminum? Depends on what grade aluminum and what gauge steel as well as design right?
You get too heavy of gauge steel or chromoly, for one it's gonna wiegh a grip more, and second it will be too strong.
Hope this makes sense. With the stay, triple, rearsets, etc. I would much rather have a broken part (stay,triple, rearset) than a busted piece off my frame.
There was a guy on here trying to sell chromoly cages...mmmm there is such a thing as too much.
Plus i would rather spend the extra coin on quality than save money in the short run just to turn around and spend more.
JohhnyP has put it time, money, and research in on his stays. He has a quality, well built stay that everyone that has one is more than happy with.
And if they don't work with HoHey's triple and there's a big enough demand, then I'm sure JohnnyP would get a bike in his shop that has a HH triple and design something.
There's reasons why sportbike manufacturers don't make all steel parts.

Marc
Old 05-15-2008, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Up0n0ne
What's stronger Steel or aluminum? Depends on what grade aluminum and what gauge steel as well as design right?
You get too heavy of gauge steel or chromoly, for one it's gonna wiegh a grip more, and second it will be too strong.
Hope this makes sense. With the stay, triple, rearsets, etc. I would much rather have a broken part (stay,triple, rearset) than a busted piece off my frame.
There was a guy on here trying to sell chromoly cages...mmmm there is such a thing as too much.
Plus i would rather spend the extra coin on quality than save money in the short run just to turn around and spend more.
JohhnyP has put it time, money, and research in on his stays. He has a quality, well built stay that everyone that has one is more than happy with.
And if they don't work with HoHey's triple and there's a big enough demand, then I'm sure JohnnyP would get a bike in his shop that has a HH triple and design something.
There's reasons why sportbike manufacturers don't make all steel parts.

Marc
Your for sure write about that it would break more important parts like your frame! That's probably why no one has done this......It was just a stupid idea!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:11 AM

who's the dumbass again???
Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05
right cause the important part here is grammer Cause stunt riders are so proper all that matters is that he got his point across
Old 05-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
right cause the important part here is grammer Cause stunt riders are so proper all that matters is that he got his point across
+1

THE GRAMMATIKAL INSULT IS WAYYYYY PLAYED OUT!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

Durty I thought you were a Gramma Stunna!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
you make that very apparent
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by -ChaOs-
Durty I thought you were a Gramma Stunna!
its gLamma stunna learn how to spell!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:55 PM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DURTY
+1

THE GRAMMATIKAL INSULT IS WAYYYYY PLAYED OUT!!!
me pointe exictally
Old 05-15-2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by stock05
What the **** is someone with a chromed out 1100 doing on a stunt website...... ooo yeah i bet he is another Jason Britton wanna be!!! .......and who cares how to speell anyways i make $34.00 dollars an hour and a $100.00 dollars a day perdiem at my job which means i make about $3,000 dollars a week!!! .....How much do you make? Mister grammer teacher!
Old 05-16-2008, 03:28 AM

What the **** is someone with a chromed out 1100 doing on a stunt website...... ooo yeah i bet he is another Jason Britton wanna be!!! .......and who cares how to speell anyways i make $34.00 dollars an hour and a $100.00 dollars a day perdiem at my job which means i make about $3,000 dollars a week!!! .....How much do you make? Mister grammer teacher!
i heart when newbs try to talk **** about my bike that only existed in a rap song.

you really are a stupid ****-
at $34.00 an hour and 40 hours a week that only comes to $1360.00 plus your $500.00 per diem before taxes only comes to $1860.00, try again buddy.

your dream salary doesnt impress guy. before i started training full time, i used to take home $2400.00 a week and i have the pay stubs to prove it.

and grammar doesnt have an "E" in it, dippy.

Quick Reply: New upper stay with Hohey