San Diego stunter makes the news

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:51 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: San Diego stunter makes the news

No squids at our spots!!! If they want to learn, we'll teach them but the second they do a pow-pow they are gone.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:12 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old man roger
we had a random guy show up at one of our local spots one night and he did a power wheelie into the side of a parked semi truck , he left dead...

for real ... when did this happen???
Old 05-10-2008, 11:49 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah at least he newscaster mentioned that they need a safe and legal place to practice. Nice to see that they're being understanding and not bashing on stunting.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by JohnnyBmore
for real ... when did this happen???
yep for real , it was about a year ago i think
Old 05-11-2008, 12:15 AM
"Back on the Block"

yep for real , it was about a year ago i think
ouch .... thats a bummer ... I get freaked out enough just seeing someone get hurt
Old 05-11-2008, 12:41 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by jamiedubs
True I just hope that they take it for what it is! Which is guys in parking lots practicing slow wheelies and technical tricks. Not just someone flying down the freeway doign powerwheelies in t shirts. Those guys should definatley not be interviewed and thrown in the phrase called " a stunter ". But then again everyone is a professional stunter if they can whoolie down the freeway right???
i know i havent been here in a while, but all of the sudden you know what the **** your doing?

Originally Posted by junjun
if you have an 03/04 636 bolt your right heel guard to your swingarm, acts as a perfect toe guard. Also the company Puig makes bolt on toe guards for all bikes. No need to lose your fingers riding a ****** bike.
next to the ziptied subframe cage this is quite possibly the second worse idea on SL.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:44 AM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JohnnyBmore
ouch .... thats a bummer ... I get freaked out enough just seeing someone get hurt
didn't something similar to that happened to you down in oc? but the dude did it after leaving the spot and hit a tractor trailer?
Old 05-11-2008, 01:02 AM
"Back on the Block"

Originally Posted by Turtle
didn't something similar to that happened to you down in oc? but the dude did it after leaving the spot and hit a tractor trailer?
yeah he left the spot & power wheelied into a tractor trailor ... truck ... rig or whatever ..
but I didnt have to see it .... thank god !! heard the guy was a mess
Old 05-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Man that's crazy.. Hope they'll save his foot but i seriously doubt it
Old 05-11-2008, 04:40 AM

Smoking Barrel is a decent person

its nice how the news station wasnt condemn stuntn to much n how they were suggesting the po's open a spot like they did for drag racin. it b nice 2 have a free legal spot 2 practice.. new kick it spot anyone?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:53 AM

TexRida is a decent person

Originally Posted by SIC J
heres the pics.

oh thats fukin delicious...
any word on how he's doin?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:52 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by Amir-R
Wow thats some straight fucked up ****!!! Who leaves a fellow stunter after he wrecked pretty bad?? name drop?
+1

hope they can save his foot.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a great way to blow up a spot`.....good job
Old 05-11-2008, 12:20 PM

ChristAir83 is a decent person

i had the top chain guard off for painting but this is a good time to remind people to make a lower chain guard for there bikes so this doesn't happen to them

Do they sell these or do you have to make them yourself? I have a 2000 F4.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

WOW That sucks for that guy! Hope he makes it out ok!

The sad part is that the people who own the spots where we all like to ride don't have a problem with the sport, they have a liability issue! If someone falls and gets hurt, or gets a foot mangled as in this case there is the possibility of a lawsuit. Yes..even though you were trespassing you can still sue. Remember the thief that fell through the lady's roof and cut himself to **** and sued. He won! The liability is WAY too high for the property owners to just look the other way! It sucks but a few dip ***** ruined it for us all!! Even drag strips are reluctant to let a stunt event on the property for fear of liability! I dunno what has to happen but maybe someone can come up with a way to get a stunter liability policy and we can all group on board like health coverage! This would be liability insurance that would cover up to like $5,000,000.00 in case something happened. Then you could go to the spot and talk to the head man and present him with your groups "cards" that show if you were injured, or damaged property at their location you were covered? I dunno just tossin out ideas. I may look into this idea on Monday with a friend who does my demolition company's insurance policy! I pay like $1500/yr for $5million worth of coverage. This is for tearing down buildings etc. So thats pretty dangerous maybe we can get a policy to cover us? Whatever lemme see what I can find out. That may work though, because of the 3 spots we were bounced from the same basic thing was said "If you get hurt or damage my property I have no protection from liability" so maybe we can help that. If not oh well...
Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 PM

*BeNnEtT* is a decent person

Originally Posted by Reckless01

The sad part is that the people who own the spots where we all like to ride don't have a problem with the sport, they have a liability issue! If someone falls and gets hurt, or gets a foot mangled as in this case there is the possibility of a lawsuit. Yes..even though you were trespassing you can still sue. Remember the thief that fell through the lady's roof and cut himself to **** and sued. He won! The liability is WAY too high for the property owners to just look the other way! It sucks but a few dip ***** ruined it for us all!! Even drag strips are reluctant to let a stunt event on the property for fear of liability! I dunno what has to happen but maybe someone can come up with a way to get a stunter liability policy and we can all group on board like health coverage! This would be liability insurance that would cover up to like $5,000,000.00 in case something happened. Then you could go to the spot and talk to the head man and present him with your groups "cards" that show if you were injured, or damaged property at their location you were covered? I dunno just tossin out ideas. I may look into this idea on Monday with a friend who does my demolition company's insurance policy! I pay like $1500/yr for $5million worth of coverage. This is for tearing down buildings etc. So thats pretty dangerous maybe we can get a policy to cover us? Whatever lemme see what I can find out. That may work though, because of the 3 spots we were bounced from the same basic thing was said "If you get hurt or damage my property I have no protection from liability" so maybe we can help that. If not oh well...
If Mariah Carey can insure her legs for a billion dollars then i dont think you should have a problem. But who knows.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:11 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by *BeNnEtT*
If Mariah Carey can insure her legs for a billion dollars then i dont think you should have a problem. But who knows.

YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT
Old 05-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

: : : good one!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:16 PM

Schmack is a decent person

Originally Posted by Reckless01

This is exactly what we did at one time. We approached one of the local colleges about wanting to use a lot. We did have to put some effort into this though. We had to make sure the lot was zoned industrial, we talked to the VP of the school, we also got the cheif of police on board. We ended up getting a contract with the state stating the terms of use and each parties responsabilities. We recieved laminated cards that we needed to carry on us incase someone did a check to see if we were allowed.

The basic requirements were that myself and Kip (kiprocket on here) had sole descression over who was allowed to ride the lot. If we siad no, they could get charged for tresspassing. Certain limitations and rules applied though. The bikes were required to be caged, not burnouts, each bike was required to have liability ins, valid motorcycle license, we had to be out of there by 9pm (noise laws) and we had to carry our own group liability ins. We looked into several options there, but there are a lot of really cheap bullshit policies out there you can get. I don't know how well thay actually are if you had to make a claim, but it works when needed to fill that requrement.

The downside to all this was that we never took into consideration the old folks home down the block! They kept calling the cops about the hooligans down the road. The cops would tell them it was legal nothing they can do. Well those old farts starting calling the city counsil members and bitching. The city put pressure on the school to revoke our contract, and well, it didn't take long before we were no longer welcome to stunt there anymore.

So moral of the story is... old people need more social activities in the old folks home so they don't spent the day staring out the windows!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:27 PM

colombiancapone is an unknown quantity at this point

hope he gets well soon. thats coo they said at the end how we do need somewhere to go and that at least were keeping it in a secluded area. it did start off like were bad dude's the wau they show the burnouts and stuff. that cop seems to stick up for us in a way too

Quick Reply: San Diego stunter makes the news