Handbrake Rant !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:21 AM

BURN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Handbrake Rant !!

Aww man Does this mean i'm going to get beat up for having my HB?
I just got that **** to bleed out right.
i better paint it camoflauge or something, so i'll be ok
hahaha

I'm just playing. I'd serious pay money to aquire the skill that Scott has.

Last edited by BURN; 04-29-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: .
Old 04-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Soon little girls will be watching us because its going to become more of a ballerina thing then an "extreme" sport. lol X games ? yea right, ***** going to end up next to hanna montana.
What's so gangster about stunting?

I think it is ballet on a bike.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by scott3824
An R1, on the highway .... you can go until the shock makes the bike wobble but not a mile huh, that shock must be real worn out.

i can go a mile in a stand up if I ride it out, but there are the times where it wobbles so violently that i have to set it down. riding it out on a HC is a bit risky. It doesnt even matter any more.... I retired the bike!

got an F4i for a stunter and im looking for a minty bike to give your GF a ride!:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 04-29-2008, 01:00 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
What's so gangster about stunting?

I think it is ballet on a bike.
Why do you think i said it was a ballerina thing ? Before you could get away with things like flamingo's and spreaders which otherwise would look pretty gay (guys doing splits), but since you were going warp speed and it actually meant you were not covering a brake, it was bad *** and no one would say anything about it. Now i dono ?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:25 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
so what is your point with this, it looked sketchy and if u wrecked it would have just been a get off of the back and would not have hurt that much, so is this supposed to be dangerous? cause im pretty sure when i lift a stoppie around 60 mph that theres a lot more danger, for one the bike actually could land on you. plus its not like your the only person thats scraped a mile long 12bar with out a handbrake. no one does it cause it makes no sense. i got a question for u, do u think FMX guys leave there bikes bone stock? cause they got all kinds of little **** that helps them
Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM

And just to comment on whoever said Scott needs to make his own danger..... Have you ever seen his ****? He has handsdown the best/sickest avatars that i can remember on a consistent basis. Whenever I see his avatars, they are always on point :YEAH[/quote]
r u ****** serious with this post, u think u can judge the danger of someones ridin by a avatar, then u my friend are a douchebag
Old 04-29-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
i can go a mile in a stand up if I ride it out, but there are the times where it wobbles so violently that i have to set it down. riding it out on a HC is a bit risky. It doesnt even matter any more.... I retired the bike!

got an F4i for a stunter and '[im looking for a minty bike to give your GF a ride!:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
hey newb, this is what we r talkin about, your comment "if i ride it out" what the **** do u mean, im guessin u mean ride it out to the top of that gear, which means you still arent hitting bp, which means go find another thread about suckin on someones ****
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's lame when people get hand brakes that don't need them.. And can't work a foot brake.. Or think a hand brake will make them instantly be able to ride a long wheelie..

But come on.. Aruging about hand brakes, is just as bad IMO as arguing over helmets!

You don't NEED a helmet if you don't wreck.. Just like you don't need a hand brake if you don't loop.

The instant I installed a hand brake, I got WAY better at my off peg tricks.. I went from only being able to hold a spreader/hc AT rev limiter... TO being able to hold them at low rpm and do combo's without dropping the nose..

If your gonna hate on hand brakes, at least be a man and remove your cage, tail saver, round/12bar, aftermarket clip-ons, and MAN THE **** UP!

Other wise, if you install ANY parts, install all the parts you want, because your bike isn't stock anyways.. No use in being like "hand brakes are gay" "but I use aftermarket clip-on's cause I can't handle stockers"

my rant
Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by Jb420
so what is your point with this, it looked sketchy and if u wrecked it would have just been a get off of the back and would not have hurt that much, so is this supposed to be dangerous? cause im pretty sure when i lift a stoppie around 60 mph that theres a lot more danger, for one the bike actually could land on you. plus its not like your the only person thats scraped a mile long 12bar with out a handbrake. no one does it cause it makes no sense. i got a question for u, do u think FMX guys leave there bikes bone stock? cause they got all kinds of little **** that helps them
Well you odviously dont get my point. And if you think its so easy post a vid. Till then you don't really have a foot to stand on.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:36 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

At the end of the day, handbrakes are here to stay, they're not going away, and they're not gay. (rhyme ftw)

Only the select few people watching you do stuff without a handbrake will appreciate the difficulty, so i wouldn't say the 'gangsterness' of not having one is a fair trade off for the safety of having one.

Imo you'll fall behind if you refuse to use a handbrake, because everyone else will learn everything faster because they aren't worried about looping out. (maybe that was your point?)

but I do agree that stunting doesn't look dangerous when compared to things like FMX.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:44 PM

cirtem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If your gonna hate on hand brakes, at least be a man and remove your cage, tail saver, round/12bar, aftermarket clip-ons, and MAN THE **** UP!
haha have you seen his gixxer?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:49 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't his the bone stock one? No cage, nothing?

there were some cool pics floating about a while back.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:50 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

+1 to everything Chychul is saying

Wheelies are NO LONGER dangerous, handbrakes took the "stunt" out of stunting. Riding on 2 wheels in traffic IS by far more dangerous.

If you disagree, chances are you dont know how to use your hb.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:02 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeM

Wheelies are NO LONGER dangerous, handbrakes took the "stunt" out of stunting. Riding on 2 wheels in traffic IS by far more dangerous.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jb420
And just to comment on whoever said Scott needs to make his own danger..... Have you ever seen his ****? He has handsdown the best/sickest avatars that i can remember on a consistent basis. Whenever I see his avatars, they are always on point :YEAH
r u ****** serious with this post, u think u can judge the danger of someones ridin by a avatar, then u my friend are a douchebag[/QUOTE]

Hey fucktard, I think u can tell how dangerous something is by a goddamn picture. Hmm, I see a guy scraping in a highchair, I think that is pretty dangerous. Another of his he had his feet in the tank and the rest of his body was leaning completely over the top of his bike. Plus I remember posts from him way back regarding his street antics, do a search, he was into all kinds of ****. So, you can shut the **** up now buddy
Old 04-29-2008, 03:17 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Interesting read. If wheelies are "NO LONGER" dangerous.....then why do we constantly hear about fellow SL members that have "skills"....breaking bones? For people that no longer feel it's dangerous.....why do you still do it? You obviouslly no longer get an adrenaline rush from it, if it's no longer dangerous....so why do it?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I think it's lame when people get hand brakes that don't need them.. And can't work a foot brake.. Or think a hand brake will make them instantly be able to ride a long wheelie..

But come on.. Aruging about hand brakes, is just as bad IMO as arguing over helmets!

You don't NEED a helmet if you don't wreck.. Just like you don't need a hand brake if you don't loop.

The instant I installed a hand brake, I got WAY better at my off peg tricks.. I went from only being able to hold a spreader/hc AT rev limiter... TO being able to hold them at low rpm and do combo's without dropping the nose..

Other wise, if you install ANY parts, install all the parts you want, because your bike isn't stock anyways.. No use in being like "hand brakes are gay" "but I use aftermarket clip-on's cause I can't handle stockers"

my rant
+1.....couldn't agree more.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by YSRRider

got an F4i for a stunter and im looking for a minty bike to give your GF a ride!:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
get your pow pows outta here .....

wow you really burned me with the gf comment, I'm sure you can do much better than putting her in an ama event show huh ...

Old 04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeM

Ok that's 4 people on the same page....

No one is saying take your hb off their gay......just that you're gay if you won't do a off the peg trick without your bar mounted vagina protector.

I hopped on my brothers f2 and had no problem scraping spreaders and ss and doing combos...with no hand brake...just a big sprocket and 12 bar...what's the worst that can happen were in a parking lot in 1st gear....sack up bitches!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

scooter that pic would be so much better if you pants were down and lace didnt have a helmet on, **** stunting 101

Quick Reply: Handbrake Rant !!