Handbrake Rant !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Handbrake Rant !!

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
You odviously do not get my point. If you don't wear a helmet you're just plain stupid. Its called an accident for a reason, you don't plan when and where you bash your face off the ground so you need a helmet. Where you are coming from is that you think you NEED a handbrake like you NEED a helmet and you're just plain ******* wrong.
ppl dont usually plan when theyre going to flip their bike over either, i like to know that if i go too far and cant bring it back that i have a brake to use so i dont toss my 6k dollar bike down the highway and possibly get run over by a car/bike behind me and slide into a guard rail and lose a foot or my life. you can call me a ***** anyday, ill wear that badge with pride lol.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:50 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I see your point Scott, I wish I had the skills you got. Thats some sick **** in the video.
Anyways, HBs open the door to more tricks, and more innovative tricks are also needed to keep a sport alive.
Once a *****, always a *****. I know plenty of people who still can't do a bp wheelie, hb or no hb, their just pussies and always will be.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i can murder the highway just as well as i can a parking lot, if not better. can you? cuz by the sounds of things(and i may be wrong) youre one of those dudes that got stuck at doing 90mph wheelies on the highway and never got any further with things and now have hate towards what youre not doing.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

to be completely honest, I think the parking lot stuff is lame...... watching people ride in a circle gets boring as hell, props to the guys that are doing high chair circles. I have taken my riding to the parking lot, cops are getting crazy where I am at, they're everywhere! there are a few places where you can get in a good wheelie, anywhere else you're guaranteed to get spotted..... working at KFC I can really afford to be paying a lawyer everytime I want to ride my bike. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

I'm not as good in a parking lot..... having to work to support my drug habit and uncontrollable urge to frequent prostitutes takes up much of my time, I cant kiss mommy on the cheek, tell her I love her and that i'm going to wal-mart to practice some *** drags. Much of the time I dont even want to think about riding, I want to crack open a beer and try not to spill it on myself before I pass out.

hopefully things will be different for me this summer, I'm supposed to get promoted to drive-thru, my hours will be cut but I get a pay raise!:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jb420
thats what i was thinkin listen ysr guy or, we know your wheelies on your ysr50 are the **** but this conversation is for guys that actually ride balance point wheelies, your bike starts wobblin cause your topped out in whatever ****** gear tryin to figure out where bp is goin way to fast
pure ignorance.............
Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by YSRRider
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

to be completely honest, I think the parking lot stuff is lame...... watching people ride in a circle gets boring as hell, props to the guys that are doing high chair circles. I have taken my riding to the parking lot, cops are getting crazy where I am at, they're everywhere! there are a few places where you can get in a good wheelie, anywhere else you're guaranteed to get spotted..... working at KFC I can really afford to be paying a lawyer everytime I want to ride my bike. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

I'm not as good in a parking lot..... having to work to support my drug habit and uncontrollable urge to frequent prostitutes takes up much of my time, I cant kiss mommy on the cheek, tell her I love her and that i'm going to wal-mart to practice some *** drags. Much of the time I dont even want to think about riding, I want to crack open a beer and try not to spill it on myself before I pass out.

hopefully things will be different for me this summer, I'm supposed to get promoted to drive-thru, my hours will be cut but I get a pay raise!:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

Why don't you get a job that pays more than 7 bucks an hour? Is it because you'll have to work too hard for your dope?
Get out there and make some real money, then you'd be able to afford hookers, your drugs and a new bike.
And don't blame it on addiction, I know plenty of junkies who work their asses off so they can get high.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:22 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

to be completely honest, I think the parking lot stuff is lame......
people who can only do 100mph wheelies always say that
Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by apfire26
Why don't you get a job that pays more than 7 bucks an hour? Is it because you'll have to work too hard for your dope?
Get out there and make some real money, then you'd be able to afford hookers, your drugs and a new bike.
And don't blame it on addiction, I know plenty of junkies who work their asses off so they can get high.

its convenient, on days when i dont have any some will hook me up!

DUDE! I'm lucky if I can keep them up under 110! I need the wind to keep me up!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:14 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

**** no its not. Driving in traffic is more dangerous then stunting.
**** you you *****.........i don't get mad often, but ignorant comments like that **** me off. Just cuz your girl quit giving head, stunting didn't become fishing. **** OFF WITH THAT STUNTING ISN"T DANGEROUS ****.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Kane i know you were riding back when we didnt use handbrakes. I think alot of the fun is lost when the danger is taken out. The "ohh **** feeling" is now some kind of a musiem peice in the sport now. Soon little girls will be watching us because its going to become more of a ballerina thing then an "extreme" sport. lol X games ? yea right, ***** going to end up next to hanna montana.
hanna montana lol!!
i totally understand and agree with what your saying, i was just making jokes!

its the same as back in the "idle this" days...

-kane
Old 04-29-2008, 03:23 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

My avatar was done without a handbrake, in a tee shirt. You know how many friends i have had almost lose their lives doing nothing but just riding to work ? Count yours if you think im shitting you. How many friends have you had almost die in traffic doing nothing, then compare it to how many have actually almost died stunting.
And what other sport does offer the only other option of DEATH??????? WHat about broken bones, rash, paralization, I KNOW PLENTY OF THAT, AND IN FACT I KNOW THAT THERE'S BEEN MOST of that happen to me or ALMOST happen. THIS IS THE LIMIT.......Nothing more really pushes the boxes limit than this sport. THAT IS STILL SANE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIthout a handbrake, doing it everyday, pulling **** like limiters on the road off the peg = death.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:57 AM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree about the Xgames, there is about zero chance that this sport would make it. Nobody outside the stunting world realizes how difficult the slow parking lot stuff is. The general public wants high speed/danger. What is popular in the xgames? Motox, where a backflip is required just to compete, big air on skateboard etc... There is just not enough danger in the lot.

And just to comment on whoever said Scott needs to make his own danger..... Have you ever seen his ****? He has handsdown the best/sickest avatars that i can remember on a consistent basis. Whenever I see his avatars, they are always on point :YEAH
Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

You guys are missing the point...scotts not saying we should take off our hbs just that everyone needs to man up and stop using bitch excuses like I can't try spreaders/ss yet because I don't have a hb(and a vagina)...if you need to feel safe all the time sit home and play xbox...if you can't rock a bp spreader with gears and no hb your a clown.....turn your idle down stop crushing the hb and learn to ride.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 AM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigkapp
BOTTOM LINE>>>> HB or not this sport is dangerous>>>
+1
Old 04-29-2008, 09:39 AM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

You odviously do not get my point. If you don't wear a helmet you're just plain stupid. Its called an accident for a reason, you don't plan when and where you bash your face off the ground so you need a helmet. Where you are coming from is that you think you NEED a handbrake like you NEED a helmet and you're just plain ******* wrong.
No one " NEEDS" a hb but unless you want to ride on the highway forever, you need one to expand your game..... I think by now I would be pretty bored without being able to do hb circles, coasters, etc. Squids will be squids hb or not....I dont know why ur even worried about it if ur scraping highchairs with no hb..

And stunt riding is def as dangerous as motox, I mean that **** is crazy, but i find it boring to watch....And u could get hurt just as bad and as easy doing a long fast stoppie among other things.

Last edited by JohnR; 04-29-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Heres an idea you do what you want to do, and setup and ride your bike they way you want to. And the rest of us will do whatever the **** we want...You guys that think the way you do things, is the "right" and only way to do it make me laugh. I could give a **** about what people did back in the day, I ride today and I want to do SS combos and off the peg **** so I rock a HB 24/7 and Im happy with that..

Get over yourself, no one gives a **** if you ride without a HB....Got tell your dad or someone that cares...

When newbies ask me if they should get a HB I ask them "do you want to do slow SS tricks and circles"? If the answer is yes, the sooner you put one on the sooner youll start learning how to use it...You cant learn to use one if its no on your handle bar.......Is that the right way to do it? WHO ****** CARES! Not everyone wants to learn the hard way and loop out because they had no insurance "aka HB"......
Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

I think your vagina has taken over!!!!!!!!!! I've been stunting since I was 18, I was rocking sick wheelies when I was 14 on my buddies POS FZR600..... when I started "stunting" I was 18, I started on a new minty 2000 R1.... I did the stuff because I had insane control over my bike and never would I have thought we would be putting training wheels on our bikes! What makes a good rider is being able to feel a bike and know what its going to do. My R1 is retired with 30,004 miles on it and its never touched the ground. Nah.... i cant rock mile long high chairs, but I can do them till my worn out shock starts making the bike wobble.... what scares me most is the fact that it still has the original chain, that'll make me go down before I lose control for not having a hand brake.

it sickens me to see the vaginas that are taking over this sport.
An R1, on the highway .... you can go until the shock makes the bike wobble but not a mile huh, that shock must be real worn out.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:05 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by EZEC
if you can't rock a bp spreader with gears and no hb your a clown.....turn your idle down stop crushing the hb and learn to ride.
Hit the nail on the head.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by DerekMey
And what other sport does offer the only other option of DEATH??????? WHat about broken bones, rash, paralization, I KNOW PLENTY OF THAT, AND IN FACT I KNOW THAT THERE'S BEEN MOST of that happen to me or ALMOST happen. THIS IS THE LIMIT.......Nothing more really pushes the boxes limit than this sport. THAT IS STILL SANE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIthout a handbrake, doing it everyday, pulling **** like limiters on the road off the peg = death.
Ok sorry, my mistake. You could be doing your 5mph seat stander and manage to **** it up some how. Sometimes i can't decide which way to jump off and save it, and that makes me really scared too.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:26 AM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned sitdowns and standups without a handbrake. but once i was ready to start doing off the peg stuff i put one one on and got used to it. Dont get pisssed because you are going to have to put one on to be able to compete in todays stunting world. Alot of the tricks guys are doing today cant be done without a handbrake! I look at it as another skill set that I have to have in my bag. And in my opinion it does take skill to properly use a handbrake (check out darrick from atl freestyle in intersection).
Old 04-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

I get Scotts point because I learned combos and stuff with no handbrake my first 2 months of stunting. Not really because I wanted to but because I wanted to stunt and couldn't afford to pimp up my bike right away. I don't regret it one bit. I knew where the BP was and even behind the BP I didn't use the handbrake. I remember doing combos and going back to SS behind balance point to slow down with no handbrake. I didn't have a 12 bar yet or 60 teeth sprocket either.

Although now that I have a handbrake it's not to learn stuff it's to save me in case I'm looking at a hot chick on a highchair and I blip the throttle too much. Also it's a must for circles with the right leg off the peg, that's when I use it the most. Unless you are Scary Gary because if I'm not mistaking he's done SS circles with no HB in Otown Throwdown.

If you can learn all the basics of balancing a wheelie with no handbrake then you will learn a lot faster and be a better stunter. The problem with those Kelm guys is they use the handbrake at balance point and most of them ride the handbrake which fights the wheelie all the time and uses all their brake pads in no time. It's an automatic reaction to use your handbrake if you have one, your just not using it properly and it's waisting your time. You may look good doing a fast flamingo frogger but your not really doing the real ****. Those guys wont be able to do slow idle froggers because they don't know how to go behind balance point without burning their brakes.

I did see the thread from Apex saying he went back to basics and took his handbrake off for a week. Yes he didn't need to as he has a lot of skills and knew when to use the handbrake but he surely learned a lot going back. Just shows how sometimes you use the handbrake where your not suppose to, even the pros admit it. That's what makes him a pro rider.

All this just to say everyone who stunts wants to get better but those Kelm guys will be stuck at that same level because they think oh if I get a big sprocket and a handbrake then I'll be able to do highchairs. They always have an excuse like my handbrake is not well bled or my tank is not dented enough. Thats bullshit.

Last edited by Vern; 04-29-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Spelling, sorry for my french accent

Quick Reply: Handbrake Rant !!