Handbrake Rant !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Handbrake Rant !!

Originally Posted by B-Law
I'm a NOOB and I have a handbrake. I do all my seat standers and spreaders high chairs and what not off the pegs and cant figure out how to get my hand to the hb...how f in lame is that.. hahaha
LOL, that is pretty much why I dont use it. I get it up and then dont think I need it, so I never bother figuring out how to grab the damn thing. Of course, I have never used the rear foot brake either, so I guess I am just rear brake retarded . I really do not see why you need the rear brake on the street, there is so much engine brake that if you are gonna wreck a HB will not help, IMO.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

one of the last things i have to do i guess is get a hand brake before i start to learn on my dedicated 'lot bike'

should i learn to wheelie without the hand brake first? (feels like new again since dirtbike wheelies as a kid!)

i have a really hard time getting pics to upload here.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by YSRRider
I think your vagina has taken over!!!!!!!!!! I've been stunting since I was 18, I was rocking sick wheelies when I was 14 on my buddies POS FZR600..... when I started "stunting" I was 18, I started on a new minty 2000 R1.... I did the stuff because I had insane control over my bike and never would I have thought we would be putting training wheels on our bikes! What makes a good rider is being able to feel a bike and know what its going to do. My R1 is retired with 30,004 miles on it and its never touched the ground. Nah.... i cant rock mile long high chairs, but I can do them till my worn out shock starts making the bike wobble.... what scares me most is the fact that it still has the original chain, that'll make me go down before I lose control for not having a hand brake.

it sickens me to see the vaginas that are taking over this sport.
well if you like seeing your friends die cuz they were too cool to use a ******* brake then thats on you. my concience is clear knowing i always give the best advice i can to keep ppl alive.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

my boys stopped riding because they got females that chained their ***** up.......we were all riding as the sport progressed, we didnt jump into the middle of the game and push our selves to catch up with everyone else. I do have one buddy that crashes alot.... I think every group has THAT GUY...... to this day the guy still cant ride a stand up wheelie that is worth **** because he was trying to do more technical tricks before her learned the basics.

gotta learn to crawl before you can walk.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I think your vagina has taken over!!!!!!!!!! I've been stunting since I was 18, I was rocking sick wheelies when I was 14 on my buddies POS FZR600..... when I started "stunting" I was 18, I started on a new minty 2000 R1.... I did the stuff because I had insane control over my bike and never would I have thought we would be putting training wheels on our bikes! What makes a good rider is being able to feel a bike and know what its going to do. My R1 is retired with 30,004 miles on it and its never touched the ground. Nah.... i cant rock mile long high chairs, but I can do them till my worn out shock starts making the bike wobble.... what scares me most is the fact that it still has the original chain, that'll make me go down before I lose control for not having a hand brake.

it sickens me to see the vaginas that are taking over this sport.

How do your worn out shockes make your bike wobble in a highchiar?
I guess not all of us can have insane control over our sick wheelies like you.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:41 PM

Guru is a decent person

funny that im on myspace and saw this random vid from some old st louis shockers vid.... no hb back then....

made me think of this thread!!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=1139615
Old 04-28-2008, 10:52 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Guru
funny that im on myspace and saw this random vid from some old st louis shockers vid.... no hb back then....

made me think of this thread!!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=1139615

Good stuff.
I haven't done no hb highchairs since I first started stunting.

Nowhere near bp.
I know my feet are big, bring on the hate.
Name:  12-9-2006-14.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  55.0 KB
Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

This thread is why i love rocking HB-hand Champions.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:01 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

my boys stopped riding because they got females that chained their ***** up.......we were all riding as the sport progressed, we didnt jump into the middle of the game and push our selves to catch up with everyone else. I do have one buddy that crashes alot.... I think every group has THAT GUY...... to this day the guy still cant ride a stand up wheelie that is worth **** because he was trying to do more technical tricks before her learned the basics.

gotta learn to crawl before you can walk.
i can murder the highway just as well as i can a parking lot, if not better. can you? cuz by the sounds of things(and i may be wrong) youre one of those dudes that got stuck at doing 90mph wheelies on the highway and never got any further with things and now have hate towards what youre not doing.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

the next person i hear say someones crazy for doing a ss without a hb is going to get stabbed with my extra brembo lever in the throat.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i dont think i can do 1 mile in a highchair even with my handbrake lol. umm i started riding doing spreaders ss and all that **** with no hb and it was the dumbest thing i ever did. i never ever recomend anyone that i care about do that kind of **** with no safety of a hb. riding bikes is plenty dangerous as it is, we certainly dont need to take away the few things that we have that keep us alive just to be "bad ***". thats just ignorant. i dont think its cooler that someone does off the peg wheelies with no hb, i cringe waiting for the moment when they land on their head and i have to call the ambulance and put my hand over their head thats leaking cerebral fluid.
Thats exactly my point. Before the pussies and posers would be quickly weeded out because they would realise they have no real tallent, wad their **** and cry to mommy and never be seen or heard from again. PERFECT ! Before you couldnt go out in one day and learn to highchair just like that. It took time, it scared the **** out of you and when you got it, it was actually a rewarding feeling like you did something great. If its easy why do it ? Would you go see a Freestyle moto x show if they were attached to strings or some **** so they couldnt **** up ? NO ! would the pussies love the strings ? YES ! then that sport would be filled with people like kelm too and it would be on right after hanna montanna too but its not because thats a do or die sport where everyone has ***** and lays it out everytime they ride. I just dont expect to see this sport ever make it to the x games just because its too safe now. With the exeption of long endo's.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:14 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by apfire26
How do your worn out shockes make your bike wobble in a highchiar?
I guess not all of us can have insane control over our sick wheelies like you.
thats what i was thinkin listen ysr guy or, we know your wheelies on your ysr50 are the **** but this conversation is for guys that actually ride balance point wheelies, your bike starts wobblin cause your topped out in whatever ****** gear tryin to figure out where bp is goin way to fast
Old 04-28-2008, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
LOL, that is pretty much why I dont use it. I get it up and then dont think I need it, so I never bother figuring out how to grab the damn thing. Of course, I have never used the rear foot brake either, so I guess I am just rear brake retarded . I really do not see why you need the rear brake on the street, there is so much engine brake that if you are gonna wreck a HB will not help, IMO.
well when you learn your handbrake u will see that it can save many a different wreck. and to scott who started this thread i hear what your sayin but without a handbrake you wouldnt get to do ss revlimiter coasters down the highway and what not
Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM

bigkapp is a decent person

BOTTOM LINE>>>> HB or not this sport is dangerous>>>
Old 04-28-2008, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Thats exactly my point. Before the pussies and posers would be quickly weeded out because they would realise they have no real tallent, wad their **** and cry to mommy and never be seen or heard from again. PERFECT ! Before you couldnt go out in one day and learn to highchair just like that. It took time, it scared the **** out of you and when you got it, it was actually a rewarding feeling like you did something great. If its easy why do it ? Would you go see a Freestyle moto x show if they were attached to strings or some **** so they couldnt **** up ? NO ! would the pussies love the strings ? YES ! then that sport would be filled with people like kelm too and it would be on right after hanna montanna too but its not because thats a do or die sport where everyone has ***** and lays it out everytime they ride. I just dont expect to see this sport ever make it to the x games just because its too safe now. With the exeption of long endo's.
what about drifting and wide fast o's. have u been to a comp lately? guys like apex and teach and a few others are layin it down and are pretty exciting to watch.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:21 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

so basicly, you want more people to die to make the sport look better..

Last edited by Kevmo7; 04-28-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by bigkapp
yes are sport is dangerous but it doesnt always look like it, i think thats what hes sayin. hell i just fucked my ankle up so bad i cant walk in a 50/50 circle but it probably didnt look to dangerous but my foot feels like it was hella dangerous
Old 04-28-2008, 11:26 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by bigkapp
**** no its not. Driving in traffic is more dangerous then stunting.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:26 PM

bigkapp is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jb420
yes are sport is dangerous but it doesnt always look like it, i think thats what hes sayin. hell i just fucked my ankle up so bad i cant walk in a 50/50 circle but it probably didnt look to dangerous but my foot feels like it was hella dangerous
EXACTLY!!! i looped my **** bad, i have no acl left in my right knee, just didnt grab my hb quick enough, going to combo a straight line, got from sitdown to ss, then straight to the ground... hb or not its dangerous..
Old 04-28-2008, 11:29 PM

**** no its not. Driving in traffic is more dangerous then stunting.
r u kiddin me. i guess your not pushin yourself hard enough, get out there and put some danger in it u yourself can change it

Quick Reply: Handbrake Rant !!